saenchai vs buakaw

shincheckin

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
will this ever happen?

how much bigger is buakaw than saenchai weight wise?

Who do you think would win?

I think this is a fight the world wants to see, I would compare it to mayweather pacquiao, but why isnt it happening? It sure would help promote muay thai world wide I would think.

This would size wise never happen I guess. I you look at Buakaw at the moment.. he is a beast natural or not.. Solid muscle and I think by looking at him that he walks around with at least 75-76kg out of competition.
A fluffy Saenchai brings 65kg to the scale.
Next to that I believe they are friends.

There's a significant size difference, Buakaw is about 8cm taller and 10kg heavier. Besides, Buakaw doesn't fight Thais, he hasn't fought another Thai for nearly 12 years.

The best you can hope for is a sparring video.

C'mon bro this is white belt territory. I know you're better than this...

lol yeah, I have met saenchai, never buakaw. I like to watch fights etc but I dont keep track of the major specifics of guys so i dont even know what weight buakaw is at. i could google it etc but what im getting at really, is that its definitely a fight people would want to see, sure saenchai would give up size etc but still its a fight the world would like to see.

mayweather pacquiao analogy, people want to see the best go at it. these two are the top thai boxers, and its for sure a fight the world would like to see. Dont see how you cant see the similarities.

anyways, whos buakaw/saenchai fighting next? some foreigner they will surely beat, buakaw is pretty boring to watch now. Its like hey buakaw/saenchia is fighting "insert foreigner here". I wonder whats going to happen, hes going to win of course. i haven sat down and watched a full buakaw fight since buakaw days. and i only watch saenchai highlights etc. when im trying to study techniques.

its about giving the fans what they want, putting on a show, and making money.

is there one person in here, who wouldnt want to see buakaw vs saenchai? and thats exactly my point. its what the world wants (pac mayweather), give it to us and make some big bucks for doing it.

I much rather see buakaw fight saenchai than Yi Long! <45>

Buakaw isn't fighting complete randoms or anything. He's fighting fairly good regulars from the league/scene that he's in. Not that they couldn't do better but the audience is mostly China and they wouldn't really care that much for Buakaw vs. Saenchai.

Buakaw vs. Yi Long is absolutely a fight that fans wanted more than a Saenchai fight. You talk about giving fans what they want and then <45>on couple of the more watched kb fights of recent years.

Maybe they could make a bit more than usual off of some Thai tv interest for that fight but then for the rest it's views on dodgy streams, unofficial youtube vids etc. How does that make a ton of money?

For me I'd easily take any fights with 70kg ~top10 opponents, a run in the Kunlun tournament or some Souwer/Masato type fights over probably playing tag one with Saenchai.

Last edited:
a more realistic matchup would have been yodsanklai v buakaw

that would be one hell of a violent match

and i would much rather see that than buakaw v saenchai

probably won't happen now that Yod is retired / injured.

a more realistic matchup would have been yodsanklai v buakaw

that would be one hell of a violent match

and i would much rather see that than buakaw v saenchai

probably won't happen now that Yod is retired / injured.
Wouldn't of happened anyways. Too many politics.

The most realistic fight out there that I would love to see yet again is...

andy-souwer-buakaw-finale-2005.jpg

will this ever happen?

how much bigger is buakaw than saenchai weight wise?

Who do you think would win?

I think this is a fight the world wants to see, I would compare it to mayweather pacquiao, but why isnt it happening? It sure would help promote muay thai world wide I would think.

Like I have said before Saenchai is great but he gets in the habit of putting on a " show " too much ( IMO ). Sombat is far more composed and disciplined. He sticks to his game plan and actually tries to break down his opponents with arm kicks, knees and throws/trips. Saenchai is faster and more trickier But relies on showmanship and showing the other fighter up. But I guess that is what makes Saenchai, Saenchai.

In any case, I feel Buakaw would win a decision in this hypothetical bout.

<Fedor23> .

Like I have said before Saenchai is great but he gets in the habit of putting on a " show " too much ( IMO ). Sombat is far more composed and disciplined. He sticks to his game plan and actually tries to break down his opponents with arm kicks, knees and throws/trips. Saenchai is faster and more trickier But relies on showmanship and showing the other fighter up. But I guess that is what makes Saenchai, Saenchai.

In any case, I feel Buakaw would win a decision in this hypothetical bout.

<Fedor23> .

Saenchai has been fighting elite thai fighters for over 15 years, the showmanship is for when he is against fighters that aren't on his level and he can get away with it. Against the top thais he knows when to get to work. Buakaw hasn't achieved anything close to what Saenchai has in muay thai.

Saenchai has been fighting elite thai fighters for over 15 years, the showmanship is for when he is against fighters that aren't on his level and he can get away with it. Against the top thais he knows when to get to work. Buakaw hasn't achieved anything close to what Saenchai has in muay thai.

In terms of a career who would you rather be?? The obvious answer is Buakaw. Some of it was luck. Being selected to represent Thailand and compete K1 and ultimately became a 2x champ in kick fighting is quite a feather in the cap. So weather you like it or not Sambat is the bigger name when it comes to a worldwide view of Muay Thai. Which isn't saying much because it is an even more fringe sport than say MMA.

In any case your response about Buakaw's accomplishments in Muay Thai are irrelevant because any Thai fighter would rather be in his place. As international Muay Thai and more so kick boxing is where the money is at.
Yes, Saenchai has the titles and accolades from stadium competition, but that doesn't help him in this hypothetical match with Sombat. Bukaw is too big and usually fights fighters larger than himself as does Saenchai . Do you not feel like Bukaw would win via decision??

Also the real question is if Buakaw could get past a healthy Yodsonklai, I say no. To much power and more aggressive. Just my opinion though. To bad we never got to see that one.

l@nd0 .

Saenchai will go down as arguably the greatest Muay Thai fighter ever. Buakaw is not even close. Saenchai would rather be Saenchai. Not everything is about money, which BTW Saenchai is not hurting for.

In terms of a career who would you rather be?? The obvious answer is Buakaw. Some of it was luck. Being selected to represent Thailand and compete K1 and ultimately became a 2x champ in kick fighting is quite a feather in the cap. So weather you like it or not Sambat is the bigger name when it comes to a worldwide view of Muay Thai. Which isn't saying much because it is an even more fringe sport than say MMA.

In any case your response about Buakaw's accomplishments in Muay Thai are irrelevant because any Thai fighter would rather be in his place. As international Muay Thai and more so kick boxing is where the money is at.
Yes, Saenchai has the titles and accolades from stadium competition, but that doesn't help him in this hypothetical match with Sombat. Bukaw is too big and usually fights fighters larger than himself as does Saenchai . Do you not feel like Bukaw would win via decision??

Also the real question is if Buakaw could get past a healthy Yodsonklai, I say no. To much power and more aggressive. Just my opinion though. To bad we never got to see that one.

Why are you bringing money into this? You said that Saenchai is reliant on showboating which indicates to me that you've only seen his fights against foreigners and it's simply not true. As far as a hypothetical match goes it won't happen and I'm not interested in it. I'd rather see Buakaw against some top tier 70kg fighters, be it kickboxing or muay thai.

Wouldn't of happened anyways. Too many politics.

The most realistic fight out there that I would love to see yet again is...

andy-souwer-buakaw-finale-2005.jpg

honestly i have never been a fan of souwer. i want to be, I'm a fan of dutch kickboxing, spats and we share the same name.. But I always end up cheering against him.

honestly i have never been a fan of souwer. i want to be, I'm a fan of dutch kickboxing, spats and we share the same name.. But I always end up cheering against him.
Well if it helps he's cool as fuck in person. I always thought he was a dick based on his in ring mannerisms and occasional dirty strike but that's far from the truth. He is a part of so many classic fights and is always exciting. Very clean technique and combination flow.

Why are you bringing money into this? You said that Saenchai is reliant on showboating which indicates to me that you've only seen his fights against foreigners and it's simply not true. As far as a hypothetical match goes it won't happen and I'm not interested in it. I'd rather see Buakaw against some top tier 70kg fighters, be it kickboxing or muay thai.

You brought up Saenchais accomplishments in stadium Thai boxing. It's true. But It's also true that Sombat has had the more lucrative international career and is accomplished in his own right. The bottom line is that I feel that Buakaw can out work Saenchai. But so what? he's bigger and not some bum foreigner.

Also Bukaw finally is going to have a go with Fabio Pinca I believe this next weekend. That is a guy who has got a win in out of two goes with Saenchai. Should be a good fight. That would be a big win for either guy. But probably more so for Pinca who would have wins against Saenchai and Buakaw if he gets the W in the upcoming bout.

fabio-buakaw_8f1a116c2bbabc4162374b4633741e02.jpg

<Oku03> .

great point about buakaw vs yod......another fight the world wanted. Big bucks could have been made, would have been great for the sport. but never happened.

Buakaw vs Pinca is probably as good as its ever gonna get. Not that its not great! But the world doesnt know Pinca like they do saenchai or Yod. The muay thai community knows Pinca, but not the world.

Back