Sad (or good) thing is: PED use helped some of the greatest performances ever to come to fruition...

CereserBr

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Yep.

Jones 2011 run, Belfort TRT run, Hendo vs Shogun 1 in the UFC (Hendo TRT), Sonnen vs. Silva,
even Silva's 16-0. the whole PRIDE event.

Yes guys, PEDs helped our sport to consolidate as a great one.

Im against PEDs, i support USADA... but yeah, roids built our sport. Thats the truth.

Passion, hard work, and performance drugs built this whole thing.

Just legalize all the dominant chit and let the mutants dominate each other!!! HNNNNNG

200.gif

Steroids ... doesnt it steal yer dick ?

random.jpg

TRT Vitor should be allowed. Wanted to see TRTVitor avenge his loss to AS.

Bisping has one of the best (if not the best) stories in UFC history, and he did it clean.

Bisping has one of the best (if not the best) stories in UFC history, and he did it clean.
Bisping's fights don't compare to the steroid fights we've seen.

The idea that pro athletes should be so highly regulated seems wrong. But I'm on the USADA bandwagon. What I hate is that it won't clean up the sport since we're dealing with pro athletes.

It will just rob us of some great fights and champs but PEDs will never stop being used at the highest level of the sport.

And we BELIEVE Bisping to be clean. Nobody knows. He could be throwing smokescreens. Not saying I believe he is. I'm willing to give him 50/50 chances he's clean. But we can't just declare ppl are clean because they say so and haven't yet been caught. I think we just categorize them as "ostensibly clean" or "so far clean" or "never caught cheating" or something. But to say they ARE clean is too much.

Last edited:
Bisping's fights don't compare to the steroid fights we've seen.

The idea that pro athletes should be so highly regulated seems wrong. But I'm on the USADA bandwagon. What I hate is that it won't clean up the sport since we're dealing with pro athletes.

It will just rob us of some great fights and champs but PEDs will never stop being used at the highest level of the sport.

And we BELIEVE Bisping to be clean. Nobody knows. He could be throwing smokescreens. Not saying I believe he is. I'm willing to give him 50/50 chances he's clean. But we can't just believe ppl are clean because they say so and haven't yet been caught. I think we just categorize them as "ostensibly clean" or "so far clean" or "never caught cheating" or something. But to say they ARE clean is too much.
This. I think bisping is clean tho.

This. I think bisping is clean tho.
I think so too, but just won't go out and say he IS. Someone has pointed out that he went to Thailand, and came back bigger and without fat.... and started talking very loudly about steroid abusers.

Doesn't mean he's an abuser. Just saying nobody's above suspicion. Even Bisping's behaviour is suspect. I do BELIEVE he's clean but if I heard he was on PEDs I wouldn't be shocked at all.

That said, I do BELIEVE he's clean....

I always promoted a clean sport until I saw the effects of USADA.

I'm all about fairness and what not but its also about entertainment. The best fights, best finishes, best athletic feats are done while on PEDs. Exaggeration but still.

I say get rid of USADA by replacing it with a company they can control and manipulate IMO.

Its terrible to even admit to be honest lol

Obviously the TS is factually correct but you don't know what the fights/fighters and their performances or winning runs would have been like if Pride and the UFC really cracked down on PEDs 20 years ago. I don't think Conor is on PEDs but beating Aldo is well up there in terms of performances so who knows maybe we'd have had a lot more competitive awesome fights and the sport would be even bigger now, you'll never know.

Was the TdF more exciting when Armstrong was winning it than now when Froome is (it probably was but that's more down to Team Skys domination than the roids/epo/blood doping) or was track and field better when Ben Johnson was winning than when Bolt was (probably not).

And we BELIEVE Bisping to be clean. Nobody knows. He could be throwing smokescreens. Not saying I believe he is. I'm willing to give him 50/50 chances he's clean. But we can't just declare ppl are clean because they say so and haven't yet been caught. I think we just categorize them as "ostensibly clean" or "so far clean" or "never caught cheating" or something. But to say they ARE clean is too much.

If someone hasn't been caught, they deserve the benefit of the doubt in being considered clean.

Obviously the TS is factually correct but you don't know what the fights/fighters and their performances or winning runs would have been like if Pride and the UFC really cracked down on PEDs 20 years ago. I don't think Conor is on PEDs but beating Aldo is well up there in terms of performances so who knows maybe we'd have had a lot more competitive awesome fights and the sport would be even bigger now, you'll never know.

Was the TdF more exciting when Armstrong was winning it than now when Froome is (it probably was but that's more down to Team Skys domination than the roids/epo/blood doping) or was track and field better when Ben Johnson was winning than when Bolt was (probably not).

Its pretty simple...without roids there is no UFC today, just chitty chit like KOTC.

If someone hasn't been caught, they deserve the benefit of the doubt in being considered clean.

I'll give benefit of the doubt in not calling them a cheat for sure. Just won't also proclaim that they're clean. I'll proclaim that they've passed their tests.

To me, it's like anything else in life. I don't have a criminal record so you shouldn't call me a criminal. I don't have a ticket for running a red on my record, so you shouldn't say I ran a red.

But to say "he has NEVER committed a crime or run a red light even...." is too much. Of course I have broken laws - you just can't say that I'm a criminal because you have no proof of that. And you can't say you know I've never run a red. The most we can realistically say is I don't have any of that on my record.

But absence of evidence isn't innocence (except in the legal sense, but not in the moral or ethical sense) it's just absence of guilt.

I feel fair giving him the benefit of the doubt by not labeling him. But I feel like whenever we praise a "clean" fighter we stand 2x the risk of being let down when they are busted. Fact is we know they have "tested clean" but we can't say the ARE clean.

Back