Sabas Supersoft 2.0 14oz Review

@rmphilmacrac

How are the thumbs on the Sabas SS gloves? Do they allow for movement and easy closure of the fist? I never liked the rigidity of the thumbs in some of the Cleto mexican style gloves so that is one thing I look to avoid when it comes to these types of glove styles.

@rmphilmacrac

How are the thumbs on the Sabas SS gloves? Do they allow for movement and easy closure of the fist? I never liked the rigidity of the thumbs in some of the Cleto mexican style gloves so that is one thing I look to avoid when it comes to these types of glove styles.
They're just like Winning, i mentioned it in the review man.

Either way its a straight thumb and allows you to make a perfect fist because the thumb is in an ideal position.

They're just like Winning, i mentioned it in the review man.

Either way its a straight thumb and allows you to make a perfect fist because the thumb is in an ideal position.

I'm poor. I've never worn Winnings before. Thanks though.

I've been having hand pains recently, so it's reassuring to hear you heaping praise onto the Sabas padding. Now that you've addressed the thumb I think I'm good to go.

I'm poor. I've never worn Winnings before. Thanks though.

I've been having hand pains recently, so it's reassuring to hear you heaping praise onto the Sabas padding. Now that you've addressed the thumb I think I'm good to go.
I wasnt implying that man, i apologize. I just think the "Winning thumb" is something most people are aware of when it comes to gear.

Its the most comfortable thumb out there and the padding of the SuperSofts will protect you very well.

Sorry to revive a dead thread (especially as a first post), but how long have these lasted and how often/what do you use them for. Sorry again.

Sorry to revive a dead thread (especially as a first post), but how long have these lasted and how often/what do you use them for. Sorry again.
Depends, I think, on how frequently you use them and what you use them for.

What are you going to use them for?

Depends, I think, on how frequently you use them and what you use them for.

What are you going to use them for?

I would use them mostly for bag work probably, working more on technique than power, at least 4 days a week, usually probably 6 days.

I would use them mostly for bag work probably, working more on technique than power, at least 4 days a week, usually probably 6 days.
Hmm, how long do you expect them to last? I'd say if you use them that often on the bag they wouldn't last more than ten months, max.

My 16oz. Supersofts have been used six days a week for a little over a month and the padding is already beginning to flatten out. I imagine that if I kept using them everyday they'd only last a month or two more, but even with the padding out, I'd probably still be able to use them for a few more months. I've gotten another pair of gloves for the bag to keep the supersofts from dying so young.

My Sabas TCs were good for about five months of daily use (though I ended up using them for about eight months total before retiring them). Towards the end, there was virtually no knuckle padding.

If you're doing fairly light bag work you'll probably be able to use them for a longer period of time, especially if you rotate gloves. Both the Supersofts and the TCs fit really well. If you want something more durable for the bag, and you won't be rotating gloves, you might want to look for a different glove.

Hmm, how long do you expect them to last? I'd say if you use them that often on the bag they wouldn't last more than ten months, max.

My 16oz. Supersofts have been used six days a week for a little over a month and the padding is already beginning to flatten out. I imagine that if I kept using them everyday they'd only last a month or two more, but even with the padding out, I'd probably still be able to use them for a few more months. I've gotten another pair of gloves for the bag to keep the supersofts from dying so young.

My Sabas TCs were good for about five months of daily use (though I ended up using them for about eight months total before retiring them). Towards the end, there was virtually no knuckle padding.

If you're doing fairly light bag work you'll probably be able to use them for a longer period of time, especially if you rotate gloves. Both the Supersofts and the TCs fit really well. If you want something more durable for the bag, and you won't be rotating gloves, you might want to look for a different glove.

Thanks for the help. I'll look into Winning for bag work maybe the 10 oz fight gloves.

Thanks for the help. I'll look into Winning for bag work maybe the 10 oz fight gloves.
I've been using Cletos more recently (very recently). But I'm looking into Winning fight gloves as well.

You might want to ask around, though. Others seem to have had better luck durability-wise with Sabas. But I'm not sure how many have used Sabas as their main bag gloves every day.

Hope my comments were helpful.

While I haven't put them through the paces yet, I just wanna give a nod to the Sabas. I just got my 14oz super soft bag gloves today, and I'm more than happy about the quality.
Weight wise, they weigh in at 15.1 & 15.3oz.
Quality is exceptional for a glove costing $100. Leather is rich and with that strong leather smell.
The hand area is a little snug, I have regular size hands and it's a good fit. The thumb is perfect.
On the underside, the opening goes almost all the way up to the grip bar & provides great breathability. Thumbs also have breathing holes.
I have some nerve issues with my wrists, so wrist support is a big deal. I have a pair of Tokushu's here next me, and I can't believe it, but these Sabas have better wrist support than the Tokushu!
The Velcro wrist strap is the same width as the Tokushu, but what makes the Sabas so supportive is how tight you can cinch down the strap. The padding around the wrist feels like the same thickness, but on the Sabas the padding is denser & firmer than the Tokushu.

Like I said, just got them today and haven't taken them to the bag yet, so I can't speak to the padding or long term durability, but first impressions are extremely positive.

Also... These things are gorgeous.
This burgundy color is pure class.
image.jpeg

Back