Sabas Supersoft 2.0 14oz Review

rmphilmacrac

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Sabas is keeping up with making some of the best Winning style gloves out there. Just like the originals these new SuperSofts are almost perfect clones. The main difference being the new foams used to make it slightly more firm.

Look

Being Winning style these look almost identical to Winnings. Almost exact clones, cant stress that enough. Of course there are certain differences but nothing extreme. Just like the old SS these new SS2 look more like Winnings than the C17s do. These new SSs are also slightly more rounded than the older flatter model.

Beautiful blue and white leather surround the entire glove. One of the most perfect combinations since red and black. Subtle Sabas logo as usual, white thumb sectioned off from the blue base. Clean stitching through and through forming patterns that complement the glove. As usual Sabas doesnt disappoint in the looks department.

Quality/Construction/Padding

The quality is typical Sabas which means its some of the best quality out there, rivaling that of the top brands in combat sports. The leather is thick and can definitely last you years. One thing worth mentioning is that this leather isnt as soft as the old model SSs but even so its some of the best out there. The construction is of course top notch. I have no loose threads or messed up stitching, everything is pretty much perfect. To further compliment the construction as I mentioned earlier these are almost spot on perfect Winning style gloves.

The padding is the big deal of these new gloves. A more firm padding was used, these are much more similar to Winnings now. They feel almost identical, great for sparring and even better for bag work. The old gloves were slightly softer than these. Putting the SS2 padding vs my MS500s, its difficult to find a difference, they feel the same really.

Liner/Ventilation/Comfort

The liner was changed from the old models and completely different from Winning style. These gloves use the standard Sabas liner which is great because its soft and does its job. The gloves have no vent holes but ventilation is fine as the gloves dont heat up tremendously.

These gloves are some of the most comfortable gloves out there. One thing to mention though is that the hand compartment is on the smaller side, again similar to the MS500s. No big deal but I do have to use less wraps which is fine considering how protective the gloves are. Just like the other models these also have a finger pad for the finger tips. These things in my opinion are ideal for bigger hands but they're still usable for people with small hands. If you’ve never used gloves with a finger pad it just feels like you’re gripping a thicker grip bar. It's more of a thing of preference than a thing of innovation or necessity. The thumb is also a straight thumb like Winning. Due to the denser padding the thumb also feels more protected.

Performance/Protection/Wrist Support

These things are multipurpose due to the exceptional padding. Hitting the bag with these is incredible, one of the few gloves where I can rip punches with no fear of injury. For sparring these are also ideal, the padding protects both the user and sparring partner. To further emphasize their sparring qualities, these are also slightly more compact than Winnings. Some of my favorite gloves to use now thats for sure.

The wrist support is amazing. Palm side padding was made thicker on these models which is amazing considering the old models didnt need to be thicker. Sabas just wanted even more support from the looks of it and I cant complain about that at all. The more support the better and they also use EVA foams in these just like Winning which further adds to the support. The back of the wrist is a little weak on support but its nothing deal breaking at all. I havent hurt my wrists while using these so they’re definitely doing their job.

Weight

These gloves are slightly overweight. The right glove weighs in at 14.9oz while the left is 15oz exactly. Nothing drastic so it doesnt bother me at all. I like 16oz+ for the bag anyways so these being close to 16oz does not bother me at all. More 14oz and 16oz stock gloves will be coming out soon too. Same color but an extra weight.

Cost

These gloves cost $109 and for that price I think its fair. Definitely a competitive price and you get your money's worth for sure. Sabas also has deals regularly and even some special edition variants so i suggest staying up to date with their stock.

Overall

As usual Sabas doesnt disappoint. These are hands down the best Winning style gloves out there. Almost perfect clones but the truly impressive part is how on par the padding is. I was impressed by the C17s padding but those were still softer than Winnings, these SS2 are literally identical. Absolutely amazing gloves with incredible protection and performance. In every category these gloves do not disappoint instead they surpass expectations. If you loved the older models you will love these even more.

+Performance

+Protection

+Price

+Padding

+Support

+Looks

+Liner

+Thumb

+Comfort

+Liner

+/-Slightly Overweight

+/-One stock color combo

+/-Finger Pad

-Only 14oz stock

7wQk0PN.jpg

oQp74H1.jpg

1ZUZP01.jpg

w5HCUQD.jpg

93G4zkL.jpg

3b7iWlM.jpg

Last edited:
Great review! Those are some good looking gloves, I really like the blue and they look great against your Winning's.

It's awesome that smaller companies are catching up to the big brands in terms of construction and quality and in some cases surpassing them in terms of price.

My MS-600's are the only gloves I have owned that have ever lived up to the review hype but I am definitely interested in picking up a pair of 16 oz SuperSofts when they come available.

I received my 16oz Sabas SS2 Metallic Gold pair today.

After logging some rounds on the bag, I must say; I absolutely love them.

The padding is now virtually identical to my 16z Winning. Exact same feel and shock absorption experience. I'm impressed.

The padding under the wrist is little softer than Winning, and is a little more snug fitting and compact.

Everything else is spot on with OP's review.

Now I wonder how durable they are compared to Winning.

Time will tell.

K9aPsIt.jpg

See how compact they are? That's an 10oz Reyes Safetec fight glove.

Last edited:
Good review rodrigo, keep up the reviews! I got a pair of sabas ro review by the end of feb(not super softs) very good gloves. This company makes great stuff!

Thank you everyone for reading. Always appreciate others perspectives as well.

Im not 100% sure what my next review will be but i have a big surprise coming sometime during February. Be sure to look out for mine and Strato's reviews!

Ahhhhhhhhhh I only just received my RT's but now I want to buy a pair of SS. The choices the choices!

Loved the 12oz versions, 16oz on the way! Anyone posting an RT review anytime soon?

I'll let Rodrigo review the gloves since they are named after him but I just wanted to say while I'm still testing mine out so far I have to say they give great feedback, a very satisfying pop but are still very protective.

The jury is still out for me on how well they stack up to my Winning MS-600 but so far I am very happy with their performance.

I've placed an order for 16 oz SuperSofts and I'm excited to compare the MS-600, RT-41's and SS gloves - might need to pick up some C-17's as well.

The jury is still out for me on how well they stack up to my Winning MS-600 but so far I am very happy with their performance.

I've placed an order for 16 oz SuperSofts and I'm excited to compare the MS-600, RT-41's and SS gloves - might need to pick up some C-17's as well.

I'd love to see that comparison between the four.

If anyone here that owns both Winnings and Supersofts wants to chime in...

How does the padding on the wrist (inner and outer) differ from each other (if it does at all)? Is one thicker than the other, softer/denser, more rigid, etc...

Or are they pretty comparable?

If anyone here that owns both Winnings and Supersofts wants to chime in...

How does the padding on the wrist (inner and outer) differ from each other (if it does at all)? Is one thicker than the other, softer/denser, more rigid, etc...

Or are they pretty comparable?
Winning has better wrist support because the back of the wrist is significantly better on Winnings, more firm, better support, but the front of the wrist is pretty similar.

Both have a lot of palm side padding and they feel extremely similar. Sabas might be slightly thicker

I must say thay while I am impressed with the 16oz versions I just received, I do wish the padding on the back of the wrist was a bit thicker/rigid.

A cool thing to note is the padding on the inner wrist. It seems to be a combo of EVA foam (towards leather) and fiber filler (towards liner). I was under the impression that it was one thick piece of EVA. Is this something Winning does also?

I must say thay while I am impressed with the 16oz versions I just received, I do wish the padding on the back of the wrist was a bit thicker/rigid.

A cool thing to note is the padding on the inner wrist. It seems to be a combo of EVA foam (towards leather) and fiber filler (towards liner). I was under the impression that it was one thick piece of EVA. Is this something Winning does also?
I think Winning uses just EVA but im not 100% sure.

Sabas likes to add their own features to their gear like the finger pad so good eye for noticing the palm side padding man. I havent looked into it that much, for me as long as its EVA im happy haha. As for the back of the wrist yeah its a little disappointing, i havent hurt my wrist in these though so its not terrible

Thanks for the review, rmphilmacrac.

Anyone have any idea how the Sabas Super Softs compare to their triple cuffs (apart from the obvious difference in the cuffs)? I've been told that the padding is different all around, and that the latter is more densely padded, but does anyone know more specific details on the differences?

Thanks for the review, rmphilmacrac.

Anyone have any idea how the Sabas Super Softs compare to their triple cuffs (apart from the obvious difference in the cuffs)? I've been told that the padding is different all around, and that the latter is more densely padded, but does anyone know more specific details on the differences?

Read my review man

http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/f67/sabas-14oz-lace-16oz-velcro-gloves-review-3075185/

The Triple cuffs, single cuffs, and bag gloves all have the same kind of padding. Its more firm than the SSs but once broken in they're incredible

Back