Sabas, R2C, Fairtex: 14 oz, lace-up, under 150$

Irakli

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Sooo guys I need 14 oz, lace-up gloves for bag and some sparring, under 150$.

A lot has been written about below given gloves individually, but if I could hear from someone who had an opportunity to compare some of these gloves would be greater then great.

Here are the ones that I'm considering at this time (my initial choice was first three, but after some research I added few more) :
1. Sabas Proseries 14 oz (I almost decided to buy these but a lot of negative comments are coming lately about bubbling and stitching coming off).
2. R2C Japanese-Style Training Boxing Gloves 2.0 (but I couldn't find 14 oz in red).
3. Fairtex BGL-6 (because I own BGV 9 and they are
exceptional quality gloves and also someone was praising them somewhere on this forum)).
4. Casanova Original Deportes sparring/training (at this time red is out of stock everywhere ((

6. Cleto Reyes (I don't know which one, training hybrid maybe?? all the comments are about loving or hating them))))
7. Fighting Sports Pro Lace-Up Training Gloves (has nice reviews).
8. UMA RT 41 (I like how they look and has nice reviews))
and of course I'm opened for your recommendations for any other gloves.

The reason why I'm looking for lace-ups for bag work is that I want my glove to be snug right in the wrist area, not a bit upper or lower, but right on the wrist, where the hand is bending, you might be thinking that it's gonna strict motion but that's how I feel.
I need a good quality gloves, which will make me confident to punch hard and will give decent protection without additional gel pads (such as NG-2), and that will last more then... 6 month let's say. Well you know..

I hope you guys understand my struggle to buy a glove without trying them on first.
Thanks in advance.

P.s. my palm is 4 to 8 inches crosswise FYI.

Sooo guys I need 14 oz, lace-up gloves for bag and some sparring, under 150$.

A lot has been written about below given gloves individually, but if I could hear from someone who had an opportunity to compare some of these gloves would be greater then great.

Here are the ones that I'm considering at this time (my initial choice was first three, but after some research I added few more) :
1. Sabas Proseries 14 oz (I almost decided to buy these but a lot of negative comments are coming lately about bubbling and stitching coming off).
2. R2C Japanese-Style Training Boxing Gloves 2.0 (but I couldn't find 14 oz in red).
3. Fairtex BGL-6 (because I own BGV 9 and they are
exceptional quality gloves and also someone was praising them somewhere on this forum)).
4. Casanova Original Deportes sparring/training (at this time red is out of stock everywhere ((

6. Cleto Reyes (I don't know which one, training hybrid maybe?? all the comments are about loving or hating them))))
7. Fighting Sports Pro Lace-Up Training Gloves (has nice reviews).
8. UMA RT 41 (I like how they look and has nice reviews))
and of course I'm opened for your recommendations for any other gloves.

The reason why I'm looking for lace-ups for bag work is that I want my glove to be snug right in the wrist area, not a bit upper or lower, but right on the wrist, where the hand is bending, you might be thinking that it's gonna strict motion but that's how I feel.
I need a good quality gloves, which will make me confident to punch hard and will give decent protection without additional gel pads (such as NG-2), and that will last more then... 6 month let's say. Well you know..

I hope you guys understand my struggle to buy a glove without trying them on first.
Thanks in advance.

P.s. my palm is 4 to 8 inches crosswise FYI.

The Sabas gloves ppl have been complaining about is SS ( super soft ) models.

If your are having wrist problems I would suggest working on your wrap technique. Also working on your punching technique. Doing knuckle pushups will also strengthen your wrists. Look into other exercises for your wrists as well.

I would recommend the ring to cage C17 gloves. The 14oz only come in black stock. But you might be able to contact Moshin and get a pair made in red for a extra fee.

<mma4>.

I don't know how you can have wrist troubles if you've been using the BGV-9's? They've got some of the best wrist support in every glove I've tried.

Have you considered Twins BGLL1 ? Looks more like a boxing glove then a Muay Thai glove. So way less bulky then the regular Twins pillow. Awesome protection for the knuckles and great wrist support.

Of course Fairtex would be another great choice.

I don't have problems with my wrist at all, it's all about feeling, I just want a contact point to be right in the wrist.
I found BGV-9's wrist support too rigid, you can use it as a plaster for a broken arm ))), but the contact point that is needed for confident punch is placed in the middle of the forearm, not in the wrist.
I think I found an approximate explanation what i'm looking for )))

Sure. Just to clarify, my experience is with the Hayabusa Tokushu's but I suppose the reason I dislike the Tokushu's is why I would dislike the Ultras—too much wrist support. It's a personal preference, but I don't feel that I need that much wrist support. I find that the amount of support that the Tokushu's offered became a crutch of sorts. By this I mean that the gloves would not allow an occasion to feel and develop proper punching technique or strengthening of my wrists.

I also find that I am able to punch in a more satisfying and technically proficient way when I can correct myself whenever I feel my wrist bending in the wrong way (of course, in these cases I'm not mindlessly banging on the bag). In sum, I might use the Tokushu's if I had a wrist injury (to prevent further damage), but in terms of practicing punching technique, it doesn't allow enough feel for my punches. I have not had many wrist problems, and I do wrist/forearm exercises to prevent the possibility of future wrist injury. I also feel that the chances of my wrists getting injured are a lot slimmer because I've been punching without the wrist support.

That said, I'm sure that there are people here who are able to punch properly with the added support. So this is just my personal preference. It's somewhat intuitive and more anecdotal than scientific. Hope that helps!

Bro, for $150 have TopBoxer make you a custom pair designed for your exact hand measurements. Way better than anything you listed.

Bro, for $150 have TopBoxer make you a custom pair designed for your exact hand measurements. Way better than anything you listed.
I would go with this option as well. The R2C’s and Casanovas would be good options too.

I tried contacting sabas cs and they were
pain in the ass. They treat me like I couldn't afford their gloves.
No wonder they lie about their production origin

I tried contacting sabas cs and they were
pain in the ass. They treat me like I couldn't afford their gloves.
No wonder they lie about their production origin

I have read that Sabas has some quality issue. However, I’m not sure if they have improve their quality.

I recommend the Fairtex. I have the R2C and I always prefer Muay Thai style gloves over traditional boxing gloves. The cuff around the wrist is way stiffer than western boxing gloves and in my opinion more secure. It's much easier to bend your wrist upwards and downwards with the R2C vs Fairtex. Having lace-ups do not change this. I don't have any of the other brands though.

I agree. They are so tempting, but then I read yet another negative opinion...
I’ve had both of their models. Pro series are nice. Leather on the thumb stretched a little over time but besides that the padding has lasted great. Also the wrist padding gets a bit weaker after lacing and unlacing so much. However, had to return the super soft because the padding was breaking down and bubbling.

I’ve had both of their models. Pro series are nice. Leather on the thumb stretched a little over time but besides that the padding has lasted great. Also the wrist padding gets a bit weaker after lacing and unlacing so much. However, had to return the super soft because the padding was breaking down and bubbling.

When did you buy the ss?

I've had Cleto Reyes, Ring 2 Cage, Noble and Sabas Pro Series, and the Sabas have easily been my favourite. Had them almost 2 years, use them heavily, and they have proved incredibly durable. Lovely balance between protection and feel with the knuckle padding, in my opinion.

Anyone tried the Adidas AdiSpeed gloves yet?

The pricing isn't too bad (under $150) but not sure if it's just over-hyped junk since it's only "Designed in the USA" and should be a rebranded Pakistani Glove (not made by Adidas Custom Glove's USA maker, 1v1 Fight Gear) . Of course the only Pakistani made brands I trust so far are TopBoxer and Noble.

Also I heard that the "Speed" part is that because Adidas made the glove weight's distribution unbalanced and is front heavy.... not sure how that works aside from making your hands tired and dropping your guard? Lol

Attachments

• speed_white_red.jpg
    speed_white_red.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 1
Anyone tried the Adidas AdiSpeed gloves yet?

The pricing isn't too bad (under $150) but not sure if it's just over-hyped junk since it's only "Designed in the USA" and should be a rebranded Pakistani Glove (not made by Adidas Custom Glove's USA maker, 1v1 Fight Gear) . Of course the only Pakistani made brands I trust so far are TopBoxer and Noble.

Also I heard that the "Speed" part is that because Adidas made the glove weight's distribution unbalanced and is front heavy.... not sure how that works aside from making your hands tired and dropping your guard? Lol

I haven't tried them and probably never will, but I experienced the unbalanced-front-heavy phenomenon you mentioned with my old Hayabusa Tokushus, and I truly hated it. As you suggest, it makes your hands feel really tired. And really slow. So my eyebrows were raised pretty high when I read that Adidas intentionally made them front heavy for, of all things, speed.

Last edited:
I haven't tried them and probably never will, but I experienced the unbalanced-front-heavy phenomenon you mentioned with my old Hayabusa Tokushu's, and I truly hated it. As you suggest, it makes your hands feel really tired. And really slow. So my eyebrows were raised pretty high when I read that Adidas intentionally made them front heavy for, of all things, speed.
I was quite surprised when I saw two reviews on YT on how Adidas intentionally made them front heavy too. Correct me if I'm wrong, I don't really see how it would really increase your speed by that since an unbalance glove would need for you to use more force to initiate the punch then additional force to bring it back from the punch? I think a balance glove would be better in the speed department.

Here's a reviewer mentioning this about the Adispeed glove:

There was another reviewer that I initially saw that said the same about the glove being front heavy, but I can't seem to find it. And it's not Fit2Box of course since his review of this gloves since he doesn't say much about it about how he likes how it looks and repeatedly how it's a bargain...

Back