S--t you hate in video games.....

Occasional ones I can deal with. I don't like them, but I can cope. More than that and I get bored. If I wanted to watch for button prompts I'd have got a Guitar Hero game.
Full agreement.

Multiplayer only.
Not being able to play on your own without wifi is just fucking stupid.

Cut scenes. If I want expansive dramatic structure I'll watch a movie.

Press X to continue cut scene/press X to have the "game" play itself/ games that constantly tell you how to advance with intrusive instruction rather than through gameplay

Rainbow Six Siege
- When you call out to a team member that Montagne and Blitz beating yo a$Z and they just sit there and watch.
- Season pass. Yeah iI buy them but when I bought the gold edition give me the past cosmetics that I was not around for but just get the operators thats a bummer.
- People trying to kick new players on casual.
- Guys bragging about how their wife has a 9 iron in bed but wont talk after they die.

That's literally every game ever made.

I mean, some make you start from slightly further back (souls), but saving and trying again has gone on forever.

Wut? How old are you? Old games started from the literal beginning then they started from ‘life’ stages with a limited amount of repeats before booting you to the beginning then unlimited save points/stages appeared and recently games have started implementing optional/non-optional iron man (start from the beginning) if you’re too jaded.

Wut? How old are you? Old games started from the literal beginning then they started from ‘life’ stages with a limited amount of repeats before booting you to the beginning.
And then you try again. The "start" screen is just a different save point.

My avatar is from a game that can only be savescummed by manipulating the game files. I'm familiar with the concept - but I also recognize that these just increase the distance between saves. In the end, there's no difference between the penalties in retrying besides the size of the time investment.

Last edited:
Fetch quests. I can’t stand walking somewhere and talking to someone to eventually discover I’ve accrued about 10 usesless side missions triggering my OCD.

Fucking PUBG.
Run for ten minutes, then get one-shotted by someone you never saw.
It's about who gets the drop on who, and involves a ton of luck.

It should be called War is Boring.

Why does every npc that I have to follow for a mission run faster than my walk but slower than my run? I either trail behind or run into them. Also please don't give us a cursor for the menu on consoles. Destiny and Assassin's Creed I'm talking to you...
Literally opened this thread to say what you said.

Another? MP achievements. Fucking moronic and is partly what has lead to such a scumbaggy MP experience in a ton of games like EA UFC3 and shit.

AI fairness handicaps. Any game publisher that does this needs to be gassed. Make your AI better, or deal with it... but making the players guy miss fast break dunks because you're up by 30 is nonsense, especially when you arent given the same treatment if the comp is torching you.
NBA 2k removing the ability to spend VC on your Free Throw stat.

FUCKING TRASH imo. Why is it when the game is close through the third my center with an 85 overall FT missing FT's that have a 90% chance of going in... like every other FT?!

Puzzles that are only put into the game for the sake of having puzzles in there, and don't make any sense otherwise. Most of them are incredibly easy, so for me all they do is ruin the pacing and immersion of games, and don't do anything else but waste the players time.

When games come out with some kind of "Definite Edition" a year after its release. I am limited to 5Mbps and 60GB a month where I live...and that's the highest package you can get. So having to download 20-30GB DLC isn't much of an option for me. I buy the game then BAM the definite edition comes out! That is why I stopped buying games until after a year they have been released. Do I want to play God of War next month, yes i do, but will wait and see if that 'other' version comes out. This has happened to me with Shadow of Mordor and more recently Final Fantasy XV, it might of happened in Rise of the Tomb Raider but it was a timed exclusive and i don't have an XboxOne so that helped. This annoyance is more of where I live then the actual game problem though.

Not being able to change controller buttons. My example is in Breath of the Wild, I'm at a battle shrine and it relies heavily on timing the back dash to do a quick combo strike. But each time i die is because when i'm about doing the battle then all of a sudden Link crouches because i accidentally tapped the left thumb stick while hitting it back...so idiot crouches and i die and have to restart it all over again. I want to be able to make the crouch a DOUBLE tap instead of a single one.

Online only games, because my internet is too slow. And games getting rid of split-screen, can't play Ghost Recon Wildlands with buddies that visit because no split-screen

Same character models with a different color who are 40x stronger due to pigment

Ninja Gaiden black had it right.

Different colored ninjas had a different skillet and even different powered weapons (windmill shiruken, fire sword, etc).

Some military enemies had new grab animations, the white one had a plasma rifle and could intercept you mid air with the bayonet, cool little detail.

Other than that I agree.

Cheap deaths are also annoying, there's a fine line between a fair death (ninja Gaiden black, Bayonetta, bloodborne) and a cheap one (off screen projectiles, turtle explosion on NG2)

Also, game companies that divide the player base by having paid content (original Street fighter 4, any MMO or any shooting game with paid maps).

Let's hope the paid DLC gets demoted into paying for cosmetic items

Also, game companies that divide the player base by having paid content (original Street fighter 4, any MMO or any shooting game with paid maps).

Let's hope the paid DLC gets demoted into paying for cosmetic items

That's why I played 25 hours of Battlefield 1, 42 on Battlefield 4, 40 on Battlefield 3, and 250 on Battlefield Bad Company 2.

Bad Company 2 was the last time a major shooter came out and the devs gave out free map after free map, and the game remained far stronger than BF1 for years.

Not being able to change controller buttons.

holy fuck, how was this missed for 4 pages?

THIS.

i often just quit/refuse to play games if i can't configure the controls (unless the defaults are just really good or coincidentally how i prefer).

also, a distinct lack of couch co-op. it's annoying that i have so many games, but if i want to play something with my gf, we're limited to a couple shitty choices.

holy fuck, how was this missed for 4 pages?

THIS.

i often just quit/refuse to play games if i can't configure the controls (unless the defaults are just really good or coincidentally how i prefer).

also, a distinct lack of couch co-op. it's annoying that i have so many games, but if i want to play something with my gf, we're limited to a couple shitty choices.

couch co-op is a thing of the past as it seems. Heck, even Halo doesn't have it anymore

I love the Witcher 3, but I hate how messy the alchemy/ingredient screens are. I also don't like how you have to make your way to a marker to fast travel.

Back