?s on the Prowler

Noodles03

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Recently I've been browsing on Elitefts and Rogue fitness for a prowler and I'm wondering for those who had done conditioning with a prowler can help me for a bit. How is it compare to hill sprints? Can you substitute hill sprints by doing prowler push? And finally, how much of your core comes into a play when pushing the prowler using the low bar, or do you feel it more in the quads? Thank you.

Nothing makes me want to vomit more than the prowler.

The prowler doesnt create eccentric soreness and is scalable with load. Theres really nothing you cant condition for with it and i wish i had room for one untip then its treadmills and sprints for me.

Pretty much the only issues with the prowler are user error. People tend to want to work in the "until i puke" intensity range, and because there isn't eccentric loading, they get in their head that there's NO recovery cost to it.

Just a small point but don't get caught up in the numbers that you're pushing on the Prowler, quality and volume of work are more important especially when you're just starting out. The surface that you're on has a lot more to do with the amount of weight you'll use than you might think.

Its common to see some strong athletes doing heavy pushes and drags with 800, 900 or even 1000 lbs on slick turf while those numbers are next to impossible on horse stall mats or abrasive rubber.

Just a small point but don't get caught up in the numbers that you're pushing on the Prowler, quality and volume of work are more important especially when you're just starting out. The surface that you're on has a lot more to do with the amount of weight you'll use than you might think.

Its common to see some strong athletes doing heavy pushes and drags with 800, 900 or even 1000 lbs on slick turf while those numbers are next to impossible on horse stall mats or abrasive rubber.
800lbs?!

i usually put 20-40kg on and sprint with it

Back