Ryan Hall on Training with Everyone

I was at 50/50 awhile back and Ryan, as was the whole academy, was very welcoming and helpful. Being a very low level bluebelt though - I was schooled most days.

Ryan is a hell of a grappler and such a humble guy.

Ryan Hall is a gym hopper! Git him.

He was training in San Jose with Caio and Felipe for a while. I was lucky enough to get to roll with him one time.

He was training in San Jose with Caio and Felipe for a while. I was lucky enough to get to roll with him one time.

i rolled with him on my first night at the 50/50 academy...was awesome but I felt helpless and he could have squished me at any time. He offered some pointers that I've used to pass guard.

very humble and likeable guy.

Thanks Budo Jake for post! BTW - You got more of my money today ; - )

The sport needs more professionals like Ryan.

This statement speaks volume,

"I didn

Ryan is a BJJ icon. Humble, down to earth, chill dude despite his ability to choke us out using mind bullets.

Personally I seriously dislike him. Not that he should or would care, but he strikes me as a pretentious .. eh.... douche.

Personally I seriously dislike him. Not that he should or would care, but he strikes me as a pretentious .. eh.... douche.

this reminds me of a conversation I had with a buddy in college. He mentioned some guy who neither of us knew, and he was like "I hate that motherfucker" and I asked "why?" His response, while laughing, was "I don't know him."

Hopefully you were at least laughing while writing that. I've only met the guy once but he comes off as very down to earth, and that's not an easy thing to fake.

I think he's definitely pretentious but I like him anyway. Prolly because his instructionals have benefited me more than most DVDs combined.

Ryan Hall said:
I’ll be in Europe teaching seminars for about a month in October, which will be a lot of fun. It’s always great to travel and meet new people who share the same passion you do

Can I please get more info on this, I've googled it but nothing came up. Maybe Kenny can help and post a complete list.

I read this, and unconsciously started blinking furiously during the Ryan Hall quotes.

He's an awesome guy and anyone who thinks he's pretentious either has no sense of humor or is super sensitive or both. Interview was super fun.

Whatever you do, don't ask for a discount on DVDs. bwahaha

Back