Ryan Hall 2nd degree BB!

DVD review guy

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
That's awesome! I thought he was done/over BJJ?

Any news on his next fight?

I think he's over competing in bjj. I assume he still trains tho.
I think the UFC keeps offering him low level opponents, he's holding out for a big name

I think the UFC keeps offering him low level opponents, he's holding out for a big name
Sweet. Congrats on the 2nd degree bb.

Is that true about him holding out? I've been waiting to hear about his next fight.

Last edited:
Has he earned a big name opponent?

Are they even offering him fights? There is a theory that the UFC just isn't interested in offering him any fights after his last performance.

Cot damn I feel old. I remember when dude was a purple belt.

Are they even offering him fights? There is a theory that the UFC just isn't interested in offering him any fights after his last performance.
Dana white hates those kinds of fights. I guess those fights don't sell. I'm interested though. It's not only Ryan Halls fault either. Some of those guys use the Schaub defense when dealing with him.

problem is, ryan won, but dana wasnt please at all, so in terms of advacing in the ranking or getting better fights, I think ryan stayed exactly where he was.

problem is, ryan won, but dana wasnt please at all, so in terms of advacing in the ranking or getting better fights, I think ryan stayed exactly where he was.
Yeah. I think so too. The problem is guys who try and run away because he so good on the ground. It's the jiu jitsu guys dilemma. He can't stand and bang but the guys don't stay in range and just try to nullify jiu jitsu instead of doing anything even attempting to escape.

Tony Ferguson had to win like 5-6 fights in a row before he got 'big names' and he's a pretty exciting scrapper.

I get the feeling that Hall is the type who turns down lots of fights

IMO, Ryan would do well with a on-line learning / teaching site (AKA, MGinAction.) No, I'm not Marcelo promoting his site ; - )

How bout another DVD set? Maybe do it himself, cut the middle man out?

I think BJJ_Rage is dead on, Dana wants brawlers. No offense to Ryan, I don't see him beating any of the top five guys.

He needs to focus on his striking imo. His striking is horrid.

He needs to focus on his striking imo. His striking is horrid.

Outstruck gray Maynard pretty handily.
If anything he needs to work on setting up his TDs better. Imanari rolls won't cut it against the good guys

They have to be offering him some fights- he's gotta contract, and he's a bigger name than half the nobodies that are on the prelims. He's said plenty of times that he's not interested in fighting lesser guys

Back