Ryan Bundy's Opening Statement

The Bundy's are a bunch of white trash stealing welfare.
They also were paid fairly large amounts of money to take care of troubled and state guardian youths. They were taken from them during the Oregan stand off if I remember correctly.
If I understand it right they were paid to take care of the boys because they were struggling in the cattle and farming industry even though they were not paying what they had been legally found to have owed in said grazing fees.

It’s similar. The Bundy clan are Mormons that have long ties to the region. Their ideology is common to Mormons in the Great Basin. They have some pretty loony views. The core is that they refute the ability of the Federal government to own and hold land.

Just don’t make the mistake of thinking the Bundys are poor, persecuted ranchers. They are Mormon ideologues who leverage their ranching as political capital. They purposely breach the terms of their contracts specifically to antagonize the BLM in an attempt to draw a response. Why do you think they allow their cattle to wander far off their alottment into a National Monument? It’s by design.They are showmen.

This is something I really don't get because I always hear about them carrying around copies of the Constitution and handing it out but the Property Clause seems to clearly cover this and there is plenty of Case law to support it.

This is something I really don't get because I always hear about them carrying around copies of the Constitution and handing it out but the Property Clause seems to clearly cover this and there is plenty of Case law to support it.

I would agree with you. But the Bundys are pretty irrational people. Their views are very inconsistent.

They also were paid fairly large amounts of money to take care of troubled and state guardian youths. They were taken from them during the Oregan stand off if I remember correctly.
If I understand it right they were paid to take care of the boys because they were struggling in the cattle and farming industry even though they were not paying what they had been legally found to have owed in said grazing fees.

Yes. Like I said, ranching is a lever for them. It’s an act. Their ranch and allotment are about as unproductive as you can find for raising cattle. I think it was Fincum you are thinking of, though.

Yes. Like I said, ranching is a lever for them. It’s an act. Their ranch and allotment are about as unproductive as you can find for raising cattle. I think it was Fincum you are thinking of, though.
Yes, now that you say that I think I remember it was the Fincum family.

Back