Ryan Bader vs Linton Vassell for Bellator LHW title probably next; according to Vassell

TheBrownRanger

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
With McGeary vs King Mo confirmed and Bader/Vassell seemingly healthy, this is probably what they're going for in the next fight for the LHW title. However, there is that 35/65 chance Bellator makes some dumbass match-up for Vassell and let's Bader sit for months.

So anyways, if the match is made, who wins?

Linton deserves the next shot.

this fight has potential....

To be boring as fuck

Last edited:
Won't be a contender for fight of the year but a relevant test for Linton I guess

Can't see Bader struggling to much though

Bellators lhw division is even more boring than Ufcs flyweight division.

Bader, Davis, King Mo and Vassell = snooze.

You know a divisions boring as fuck when a half retired Tito Ortiz is its most exciting fighter

Bellators lhw division is even more boring than Ufcs flyweight division.

Bader, Davis, King Mo and Vassell = snooze.

You know a divisions boring as fuck when a half retired Tito Ortiz is its most exciting fighter
I always knew that Bellator signing Phil Davis and Ryan Bader was a mistake. I don't know why people see those two as big wins for Bellator's brand.

At the start of 2015, Bellator had a pretty good "big 3" at LHW: Newton, McGeary, and King Mo. Two years later, a wrestler with pink shorts smoked them all. This pretty much made Bellator's LHW division look much weaker than the UFC's by comparison. Davis vs Bader 2 only drew good ratings because PPV prelim.

With fairness to Bader, he's not as boring as Davis is. Both Bader and Vassell have had some good fights in the past. Newton vs Vassell 1 was probably the best fight in Bellator LHW history.

All the options at 205 in Bellator sound awful. Give me any combo of Mo, Davis, Bader, Vassell, and Liam I am good.

Interested to see what show they throw it on.

It's a good first title defense fight for Bader, he should be able to stop Vassel's grappling and likely pick up a KO.

This should be a good fight tbh. Was impressed with how Linton handled McGeary so I'm curious to see how he deals with the wrestling and power of Bader. Personally see Bader taking this by a decision

I always knew that Bellator signing Phil Davis and Ryan Bader was a mistake. I don't know why people see those two as big wins for Bellator's brand.

At the start of 2015, Bellator had a pretty good "big 3" at LHW: Newton, McGeary, and King Mo. Two years later, a wrestler with pink shorts smoked them all. This pretty much made Bellator's LHW division look much weaker than the UFC's by comparison. Davis vs Bader 2 only drew good ratings because PPV prelim.

With fairness to Bader, he's not as boring as Davis is. Both Bader and Vassell have had some good fights in the past. Newton vs Vassell 1 was probably the best fight in Bellator LHW history.
I think I'm starting to believe you, after what I have just witness on their past events.

Def deserving fight and its good to see a guy who is next get the shot but its just not a fight that I'm interested in.

Looks like Vassell's complaining paid off. Good fight, will watch.

It depends on what you're considering
If you are thinking only on excitement and bring some audience, yeah it was probably a bad idea
BUT if you think about legitimacy, Bader and Davis are #4 and #5 (or #5 and #6) in the world

Davis smoked all the "exciting fighters" because he was on another level.
And TBF, I really think either Bader and Davis beat Manuwa, Glover (revenge/again), Volkan and 2017 Shogun, so in my eyes they would be #3 and #4 in UFC, at worst #5 one of them

Agree about Newton-Vassell 1.

Back