Ryan Bader vs. Fedor for the Bellator Heavyweight Championship

Who do you have winning the Bellator Heavyweight Championship?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Star Wars fight!

maxresdefault.jpg

Bader has a suspect chin. Fedor within 20 seconds.

Yes, Bader has a suspect chin, but still about 20x better chin than Fedor. I have no idea what these people here think who says Bade is going to wrestlefuck him or that he wins in some later rounds etc. He will most likely KO Fedor standing or via GnP inside 2 minutes.

There is one thing going for Fedor -

He is at top of his game when he's not the favorite to win.
In other words, Fedor being the underdog vs Bader will actually up his chances of winning.

Yes, Bader has a suspect chin, but still about 20x better chin than Fedor. I have no idea what these people here think who says Bade is going to wrestlefuck him or that he wins in some later rounds etc. He will most likely KO Fedor standing or via GnP inside 2 minutes.

Dream on little rocketeer.

Dream on little rocketeer.

I fear that, not hoping. Fedor is my 1 favorite fighter of all time. Im just being objective, his chin is completely gone. I was very worried even Chael might KO him but luckily he didn't land a single punch.

I fear that, not hoping. Fedor is my 1 favorite fighter of all time. Im just being objective, his chin is completely gone. I was very worried even Chael might KO him but luckily he didn't land a single punch.

You bought into the weird notion that his chin is completely done, which is dumb.

He's slowed down and his chin isn't the same as it once was but he's shown great recovery (Maldonado, Mir) and his only knockout losses were to Mittrione (who he dropped, double KO style) who has massive power if his overall game is lacking and Hendo, who has legendary power (and I'm still calling early stoppage).

He has been rocked other than those losses, but nothing that indicates a broken chin.

You bought into the weird notion that his chin is completely done, which is dumb.

He's slowed down and his chin isn't the same as it once was but he's shown great recovery (Maldonado, Mir) and his only knockout losses were to Mittrione (who he dropped, double KO style) who has massive power if his overall game is lacking and Hendo, who has legendary power (and I'm still calling early stoppage).

He has been rocked other than those losses, but nothing that indicates a broken chin.

Before this fight he had been knocked down 3 fights in a row with the first punch he absorbeb, one of them by pillow fisted Maldonado who has never KOd any fighter worth of mentioning. And he didn't show great recovery in that fight, he showed poor recovery (imo, because he is a clean fighter). His poor recovery was the reason that first round vs Maldonado turned out to be so horrible for Fedor, and he was still wobbly in the second round as well, getting rocked by the lightest punches Maldonado landed.

Fedor never had a great chin even in his prime, like so many people so often falsely claim, he just very very rarely got hit hard and clean, and he never had a great recovery either (he was still on wobbly legs after the Fujita fight had ended). He had an average chin at best for an elite HW in his prime, and today his chin has nothing left.

Ps.Even Mir said just before this fight that he was so suprised he knocked down Fedor with such a weak punch it got him to lose his composure and to throw his game plan out of window.

Fedor is still explosive af. Sadly though, bader will probably beat him convincingly. However, I do give Fedor a chance in the first exchange to make magic happen one last time.

This is final I predicted back when they made the brackets and I have bader with another easy win.

I'll pray for Fedor tho this would almost as big as matt serra beating gsp.

Bader, I guess.

Dude manhandled a very big and very strong Mitrione.

Don't see my man Teddy withstanding the takedown onslaught!

Before this fight he had been knocked down 3 fights in a row with the first punch he absorbeb, one of them by pillow fisted Maldonado who has never KOd any fighter worth of mentioning. And he didn't show great recovery in that fight, he showed poor recovery (imo, because he is a clean fighter). His poor recovery was the reason that first round vs Maldonado turned out to be so horrible for Fedor, and he was still wobbly in the second round as well, getting rocked by the lightest punches Maldonado landed.

Fedor never had a great chin even in his prime, like so many people so often falsely claim, he just very very rarely got hit hard and clean, and he never had a great recovery either (he was still on wobbly legs after the Fujita fight had ended). He had an average chin at best for an elite HW in his prime, and today his chin has nothing left.

Ps.Even Mir said just before this fight that he was so suprised he knocked down Fedor with such a weak punch it got him to lose his composure and to throw his game plan out of window.

Maldonado has always had great punching technique. While never being known as powerful, his ability to land hard shots was never questioned. Not to mention, it doesn't always take a hard shot from a heavy puncher to put someone down. Fighting is strange that way. Nick Diaz isn't a power puncher but basically one shot Robbie, who has a tremendous chin, as an example.

I do agree, however, that his chin has never been among the best. Fedor was always great at avoiding the heavy shots but as he got older and his reflexes and defense dipped (as well as his willingness to use his greatest strength [sambo/wrestling]), he started to get caught more often. But almost no one has been able to exploit that to a finish. So while his chin isn't top tier, it's probably nowhere near as bad as advertised and his recover seems up to par.

The Fedor that fight in pride? Against schilt, Cro Cop, Nog, who was careful and when rocked came back stronger? Fedor wins, he mauls bader.

This Fedor... sadly probably Bader and he deserves it more as well Fedor looks like a mess gasping for air minutes into the fight

That should go in the Excuses Hall of Fame, lol. Classic.

Fedor because I'll always pick him no matter what. He has it in him to win any fight. Bader is the logical choice IMO but Fedor will bring it.

Fedor's lack of sprawl definitely makes me nervous. However, if he can touch Bader early, he could really cause bader a lot of problems.

Lol yes a fringe top ten hw 10 years past his prime vs a lhw fighting at HW is better than the goat vs one of the most talented lhws ever

jon-jones-nov-19-instagram.0.jpg

Jones was busted by drug tests.

Fedor, win or lose, always tries his best, and his fights are exciting and dynamic.

Back