Ryan Bader defends title vs. Linton Vassell at Bellator 186

MMALOPEZ

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
http://mmajunkie.com/2017/08/ryan-bader-linton-vassell-bellator-186-penn-state-phil-davis-ed-ruth

For the first time, Bellator will touch down at Penn State University this fall, and the light heavyweight title will be on the line.

Newly crowned champ Ryan Bader(23-5 MMA, 1-0 BMMA) will put his 205-pound belt up against Linton Vassell (18-5 MMA, 7-2 BMMA) in the Bellator 186 main event, promotion officials confirmed to PennLive.com‘s Brian Linder. Also on the card will be a pair of Penn State wrestling alums, former champ Phil Davis (17-4 MMA, 4-1 BMMA) and Ed Ruth (3-0 MMA, 3-0 BMMA), though their opponents will be announced later.

Bellator 186 will take place Nov. 3 at Bryce Jordan Center on Penn State’s campus in University Park, Pa. The main card will air on Spike following prelims on MMAjunkie.

This is a good fight. Was actually in the building for Linton when he fought mcgeary. He definitely earned this shot with that performance but I honestly feel like Bader is the better fighter and will take a decision here.

Bader can win anyway he wants. Grapple fucking, clobbering with an overhand right or pointfighting with jabs and baby leg kicks. Bader all day, Linton is not on that level.

Kind of surprised they didnt do the Davis rematch since he's on the card and its at Penn State.

Vassell is worth contender but this fight really does nothing for me.

I hope Linton Vassell takes it, the dudes exciting to watch

It will be interesting to see how Vassell's jitz deals with Bader's wrestling. Bader is a more exciting version of Phil Davis, which isn't saying much, of course. I'd lean more towards Vassell in terms of the stand-up game.

Let's not beat around the bush here, Bellator's LHW division needs Vassell to win in order to look more legit than the UFC's.

I'm guessing they book Phil Davis vs Kleber Silva. That's the only fight that really makes sense for Davis right now. Everyone else is busy.

Don't really care what tomato can they put Ed Ruth up against.

Kind of surprised they didnt do the Davis rematch since he's on the card and its at Penn State.

Vassell is worth contender but this fight really does nothing for me.

Bader is 2-0 against Davis (in decisions that could have gone either but, 2-0 neverthless) and both fights were incredibly lackluster (though even).

These guys are clearly at the same level but you can't build up the division with 2 closely matched high tier guys constantly rematching each other.

Let's not beat around the bush here, Bellator's LHW division needs Vassell to win in order to look more legit than the UFC's.
It will never look more legit as long as UFC has Jones, Gus and DC. But a Vassel win would be huge for Bellator.

Also.. where the fuck is King Mo? Getting titleshots is usually his thing.

It is not like WW where you can say a Bellator guy made UFC champion look like an amateur.

Bader can win anyway he wants. Grapple fucking, clobbering with an overhand right or pointfighting with jabs and baby leg kicks. Bader all day, Linton is not on that level.

He deserves the TS though

It will never look more legit as long as UFC has Jones, Gus and DC. But a Vassel win would be huge for Bellator.

It is not like WW where you can say a Bellator guy made UFC champion look like an amateur.

He is fighting McGeary on Oct 20 (Storm vs Mouse)

King Mo has surprisingly never fought for the Bellator LHW title. Not once. Everyone seems to think he did at some point, myself included. Turns out, he fought for an interim belt back in 2013. That's it.

His losses to Newton (2), Rampage, and Davis have really derailed him from a real shitle tot. All three fights were basically title eliminators.

I'm sure King Mo will get Bader/Vassell if he beats McGeary in October.

Vassell is the better grappler but doesn't really have the takedown ability to force the fight where he wants to go against Bader.

Oh damn.. did not know that Mo was fighting Liam.

Obvious lay and pray fight is obvious.

10001911.gif

<{Joewithit}><{titihmm}>

#TitoBless

Bader about to grind that win
He's faced and beat a ton of people more dangerous than Vassell

Bader is 2-0 against Davis (in decisions that could have gone either but, 2-0 neverthless) and both fights were incredibly lackluster (though even).

These guys are clearly at the same level but you can't build up the division with 2 closely matched high tier guys constantly rematching each other.

Last fight was close and people thought Davis won.

They are also holding the event at Penn State.

Wouldnt have been crazy to have them fight again on this show.

Back