*Ruthless Vs RDA: Who gets it?*

Seiryoku Zenyo

We are all one
@Brown
Reaction score
Great fight. Althought Lawler seems to be starting his downfall, he's still a tough fighter. On the other hand, RDA hasn't look good aswell. Not just as a LW, but at WW, he seems kindda slow, and small compared to the other guys on the division.

So, who do you believe is gonna get this? Decision? TKO/KO? RDA by sub?

I'd like to see Robbie win, but he hasn't looked nearly as good in his last 2 fights. He barely beat Cerrone, a guy whom RDA destroyed (actually RDA beat him twice, the first time by decision). Maybe it's USADA, as some speculate, or maybe it's that Robbie has been in so many 5-round wars (five in the UFC). Either way, I don't think he's the same fighter he was 3-4 years ago. I think that version of Lawler would beat RDA.

Counting Lawler out based on Woodley's fluke KO seems a bit premature...

He has been a top WW fighter since his return to the UFC.

He is 9-2 since his return, his only loss to a heavily juiced Johnny Hendricks and as mentioned, Woodley's luckiest punch ever (and about 1 of the 5 he has thrown...).

I'd say Lawler take this easily.

Counting Lawler out based on Woodley's fluke KO seems a bit premature...

He has been a top WW fighter since his return to the UFC.

He is 9-2 since his return, his only loss to a heavily juiced Johnny Hendricks and as mentioned, Woodley's luckiest punch ever (and about 1 of the 5 he has thrown...).

I'd say Lawler take this easily.

Heavily juiced Hendricks? Try to not tarnish other fighters reputations without proof first....

Interesting fight to say the least..but my gut tells me Robbie Lawler. . I don't see RDA taking him down and tradING with robbie for any length of time is risky..Robbie's a true 170..RDA I don't think is quite there size wise yet plus it just takes one from robbie. . One anything jab..straight. .kick..elbow..and it's done..don't think RDA has that power at 170..if it goes late though I could see RDA winning on points

Heavily juiced Hendricks? Try to not tarnish other fighters reputations without proof first....

Pre usada welterweight contender/champ

Post usada middleweight punching bag

Enough said as far as proof

Robbie by tko in round two. Left uppercut and follow up.

That is not proof. It's not even an evidence.

So how do you explain the difference then..how does a guy in like a year or two go from champ to dummied by pretty much everyone and can't even make weight in a class he was champion in???..open your eyes your boy was a cheat

Pre usada welterweight contender/champ

Post usada middleweight punching bag

Enough said as far as proof

He was never that great. He lost to Story and had two split decision wins prior to getting his shot, one of which he definitely lost (Koscheck). I actually thought his best performance was against Brown during the testing period and after he lost his belt. From there he fought Wonderboy in arguably the best striking/ performance ever seen in the octagon, and then struggled with weight problems. I think his performances were relatively stable until then so perhaps his age and dietary displicine were bigger issues.

Could be wrong though...

So let's think out loud

Standing battle... (noones taking Robbie down especially not RDA)

Give me the guy that didn't struggle like fuck with Tarec
Give me he bigger guy
Give me the one with ALL the knockouts

Fairly safe to assume I'm
On Robbie

He was never that great. He lost to Story and had two split decision wins prior to getting his shot, one of which he definitely lost (Koscheck). I actually thought his best performance was against Brown during the testing period and after he lost his belt. From there he fought Wonderboy in arguably the best striking/ performance ever seen in the octagon, and then struggled with weight problems. I think his performances were relatively stable until then so perhaps his age and dietary displicine were bigger issues.

Could be wrong though...

Your recollection of his past is a little off...yeah he lost to story but after that he went on a 6 fight tear ( juicing period) lost to gsp.. won the vacant then lost it in the fights with Lawler. . USADA came into affect on July 1st 2015..after the Matt brown fight that he won still on juice.. his next fight was Thompson which was after the July 1 2015 date in 2016..and since then he is 1 and 5..with several weight misses at 170 and 185..he was a cheater..just wasn't caught but there's a clear correlation between the USADA starting and his current slump. .

I’m liking this match up, Lawler via late stoppage. RDA is no joke though his WW debut showed he’s still a threat.

Are you really that naive?

Here is a little timeline for you...

GSP and Hendricks are set to fight in November of 2013. Hendricks is on a 6 fight win streak including a KO of the incredibly durable Jon Fitch.

GSP pushes heavily for additional drug testing, in fact he offers to cover the cost of Hendricks' testing out of his own pocket. Hendricks refuses and then goes on to give GSP the toughest fight of his career.

March 2014 - Hendricks knocks out Lawler, another guy with a great chin...

Dec 2014, Hendricks barely loses a split decision in the Lawler rematch, a fight many thought he won.

March 2015, Hendricks beats another top fighter, Matt Brown for a decision win

June 3rd, 2015 - USADA goes live...

Hendricks goes 1-5 in his next 6 fights after this date and misses weight 4 times....

Hendricks is flat out the most blatant example of a fighter whose career dropped off dramatically literally right after USADA testing went live.

I don't have to tarnish this guys' career, its bloody obvious to anyone but the most dim....

If RDA explodes precisely in the beggining, he may get the victory. In a 5 round fight, I go with Lawler.

Are you really that naive?

March 2014 - Hendricks knocks out Lawler, another guy with a great chin...
While I agree the mostly likely Hedricks was on something and for sure benefitted from the IV rehydration.

He never ko'd robber to my knowledge

Back