Russian boxing channel

I'm a bit jealous EE boxers have such a systematic approach to training. Other stuff seems so trial and error in comparison.

I have been following that channel for a couple of months as it was posted during the summer by someone else too.

It is really a good channel with lots of information about tehnique and etc.

Lifehack - turn on the closed caption in English. It tries to auto-translate. It won't be accurate to the word but you'll get the idea of what they're trying to say.

I remember watching his videos in the other thread.
Very interesting style of boxing and very mobile.

I have seen many boxers lulling the opponent in a certain rhythm and then break it, but with their feet more planted.
Most pro boxers I've seen, even from the eastern Europe don't have that jerky footwork.
He teaches whole body faints with those pendulum back and forward jumps.

Another interesting thing is his power generation mechanics. When he punches it's like he's rising which is a no no in boxing, but the jerky footwork
and the upright body stance seems to make it work somehow.

EDIT: That was the thread http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/cuban-boxing-fundamentals.3780639/
It's a goldmine!
I especially loved the insight of @Ilk who has experience with this style.

Last edited:
I would disagree with lifting up is a no no in boxing. I have argued about it many times. In West you learn boxing a lot with hip engagement to increase power, we learn it by stepping. Using your toes and calfs especially for jabs to generate power is very fine. That is a first hand lesson about jabbing without movement from an olympic gold medalist. In fact he started teaching us the jab that way then jabs with steps or jabs with hip rotation.

I have seen the same technique used in karate and TKD too. Especially in TKD. I ve seen it both camps which I have.observed out of interest and in vids.

Back