Russia to raise retirement age above life expectancy

Almost legit elections? Boris Nemstov disagrees.

I mean at levels of society below office or presidency. But it fact that Putin is popular with like 70% of the population. By the way Navalny is more right wing than Putin and is ethnonationalist who has made comments about expelling or reducing the population of people in Caucasus. Navalny also seem to favor soft power to how deal with Ukraine while Putin and company decided that was to risky and went hard on Ukraine which will invenitably lead i predict to the fracture partition of country.

I also find it hard to believe someone as popular and well known as Nemstov would be killed on putin orders. Just like how ukraine faked death of someone. I mean Nemstov did not have many followers all the political parties he was in before his death struggled to reach 1%. And before you say that rigged against them even on smaller levels it is unlikely. Also the membership for his party at his death was only 45,000 or so. By comparision the Communist party still has over 150,000 members. Putin ran as indepenent recently and had broad support from range of other parties. There was no need to kill him it only created more criticism of Putin. If anyone was a real threat to Putin it is the hardcore nationalist Navalny and even he was not killed. Also even if he was not jailed it unlikely he would of won but my guess is that even allowing him to spew his message was viewed as a threat to the greater political body. It would not be crazy at all for pro Putin and pro establishment faction to want nemstov gone. That is my theory is that it was mafia, or hardcore people not affiliated with government but pro government.

So a person has to either believe there is some level of democracy and people free to organize and join membership of political party.

or you have to believe that everything is controlled by Putin and that all political parties are his puppet and that is just unlikely. Although you could make argument i guess that Zhirinovsky is controlled opposition. To me it is more likely that communist and Zhirinovsky party prefer Putin over Nemstov and his pro EU and pro western liberal causes.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...enko-backs-faked-murder-of-russian-journalist

I mean at levels of society below office or presidency. But it fact that Putin is popular with like 70% of the population. By the way Navalny is more right wing than Putin and is ethnonationalist who has made comments about expelling or reducing the population of people in Caucasus. Navalny also seem to favor soft power to how deal with Ukraine while Putin and company decided that was to risky and went hard on Ukraine which will invenitably lead i predict to the fracture partition of country.

I also find it hard to believe someone as popular and well known as Nemstov would be killed on putin orders. Just like how ukraine faked death of someone. I mean Nemstov did not have many followers all the political parties he was in before his death struggled to reach 1%. And before you say that rigged against them even on smaller levels it is unlikely. Also the membership for his party at his death was only 45,000 or so. By comparision the Communist party still has over 150,000 members. Putin ran as indepenent recently and had broad support from range of other parties. There was no need to kill him it only created more criticism of Putin. If anyone was a real threat to Putin it is the hardcore nationalist Navalny and even he was not killed. Also even if he was not jailed it unlikely he would of won but my guess is that even allowing him to spew his message was viewed as a threat to the greater political body. It would not be crazy at all for pro Putin and pro establishment faction to want nemstov gone. That is my theory is that it was mafia, or hardcore people not affiliated with government but pro government.

So a person has to either believe there is some level of democracy and people free to organize and join membership of political party.

or you have to believe that everything is controlled by Putin and that all political parties are his puppet and that is just unlikely. Although you could make argument i guess that Zhirinovsky is controlled opposition. To me it is more likely that communist and Zhirinovsky party prefer Putin over Nemstov and his pro EU and pro western liberal causes.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...enko-backs-faked-murder-of-russian-journalist

Nobody has ever achieved said levels of popularity in any legitimate democracy ever.

People need to learn to live within their means.

Nobody has ever achieved said levels of popularity in any legitimate democracy ever.

says who? again all his opponents are not pro eu or liberalism. Russians can see the obvious which is the west namely US and UK have been main antagonisers to them and combative and expansionist with nato etc.

I looked it up. 60% of americans liked Obama when he left office or had positive view of him. Putin sits around 5% to 10% higher than that but not much more. Highest i have seen is 77%.

even in countries where Russia could not possibly have control of people or media he is well liked. From iran to vietnam to serbia to argentina.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Public_image_of_Vladimir_Putin#Ratings_and_polls

says who? again all his opponents are not pro eu or liberalism. Russians can see the obvious which is the west namely US and UK have been main antagonisers to them and combative and expansionist with nato etc.

I looked it up. 60% of americans liked Obama when he left office or had positive view of him. Putin sits around 5% to 10% higher than that but not much more. Highest i have seen is 77%.

even in countries where Russia could not possibly have control of people or media he is well liked. From iran to vietnam to serbia to argentina.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Public_image_of_Vladimir_Putin#Ratings_and_polls

60% is reasonably the highest, FDR in 1936 and LBJ in 1964 got those numbers.

LOL

And the Russian GDP (2015 numbers) was half the size of California's.
Italy has a larger economy.

And yet our fearless leader says Russia deserves to be in the G-8...

60% is reasonably the highest, FDR in 1936 and LBJ in 1964 got those numbers.

well putin hit 65%. Way i see it US is more divided country back then the country was not so multicultural and huge divides like gay or trans etc. so surpsied not higher but my guess is the two party system is big reason. In Russia the people only ever knew nationalism, czar rule and monarchic national rule, state nationalism, communism with elements of nationalism at lower level and ethnic pride for each republic or people, then chaos of 1990s and then loose nationalism and Russian pride again.

if you want try and find western NGO or polls and what there opinion is. I know Russia is not a real open country so it would be hard to but from what i have searcehd most critics seem to suggest he touches or is around 70%. I dont believe personally the 82% approval rating that Russian ´´independent´´´´ backed NGO claim. I can believe that say 82% prefer him over some pro western stooge but i just not been my experience that more than 2/3 people dont like him. In fact i think 2/3 like him and the direction and then the large remainder want either USSR back, or want a more right wing nationalist or ethnonationalist. And then maybe 2% want trans, gay marriage, and all the cultural liberal crap of the west. And all those people live in saint petersburg or certain part of moscow.

And yet our fearless leader says Russia deserves to be in the G-8...

By PPP it is 6th in the world. That is amazing considering it hurting now because of US pushed sanctions against Russia. But now EU is seeing that US is bully and unreliable. Trump will drive a multipolar world even quicker even if you elect hillary or whoever after i think it is done. The world sees now that US cannot be trusted. Russia GDP will bounce back as the eurasian union expands and as they sadly have to kiss more chinese ass in the SCO but that is worth it instead of being dependent on the EU which is often bullied by the Americans.

But china is strong enough and foreign enough that the Americans have no leverage or ability to bully china or the countries in SCO (other than pakistan) to do anything.

well putin hit 65%. Way i see it US is more divided country back then the country was not so multicultural and huge divides like gay or trans etc. so surpsied not higher but my guess is the two party system is big reason. In Russia the people only ever knew nationalism, czar rule and monarchic national rule, state nationalism, communism with elements of nationalism at lower level and ethnic pride for each republic or people, then chaos of 1990s and then loose nationalism and Russian pride again.

if you want try and find western NGO or polls and what there opinion is. I know Russia is not a real open country so it would be hard to but from what i have searcehd most critics seem to suggest he touches or is around 70%. I dont believe personally the 82% approval rating that Russian ´´independent´´´´ backed NGO claim. I can believe that say 82% prefer him over some pro western stooge but i just not been my experience that more than 2/3 people dont like him. In fact i think 2/3 like him and the direction and then the large remainder want either USSR back, or want a more right wing nationalist or ethnonationalist. And then maybe 2% want trans, gay marriage, and all the cultural liberal crap of the west. And all those people live in saint petersburg or certain part of moscow.

It would be more believable if there was more internal dissent, but there is none. Putin is the party, he even stopped caring about the pretense of democracy at this point.

Even among one party regimes, you can see factions within a party competing for power and compromising, with Putin there is no dissent, similar to how Xi Jinping got himself crowned as jade emperor.

At least we hold legitimate elections, if our politicians didnt worried about staying in power i reckon the country would be far more functional than it is.

Male life expectancy in Mexico is 73, and we struggle with diabetes, obesity and to a lesser extent booze. Maybe its the water?

EDIT

Holy crap

It is not clear how many Russian men drink three bottles or more a week. Lead researcher Sir Richard Peto of Oxford University said the average Russian adult drank 20 litres of vodka per year while the average Briton drank about three litres of spirits.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/jan/31/russian-men-losing-years-to-vodka

I think it was only a few years ago Russians officially classified beer as alcohol. Before then, any beverage that had a lower alcohol volume than vodka was regarded by Russians as a soft drink:)

<seedat>

Don't have to spend money on pensions if your population dies off before they can claim them.

This is the main issue. Sometimes macho culture can go to far and damage your own life. we see this in africa and many parts of latin america. The bottom 40% or whatever just living shit choices. But hey i guess it is better than dying of extreme obesity or being not moveable.

link? proof of it in law?
Russian Constitution, article 38, for example.

Can't imagine they'd ever enact that sort of policy. It would be demographic suicide for a country already doing poorly in that regard.
I don't think they will enact it, it's more like that from the point of lawmaking they can do it.

Why? Russian pensions is not very high, if your kid is not in coma his wage probably gonna be much bigger than your pension.

What happens if instead of paying to raise a kid you bank that money?

Like when you divorced? And "bank that money" = open a bank account for your kid and put money for him in there?

I mean that instead of having the kid you take the cost savings and invest it along the way. Should be a bundle come retirement. :cool:

I think the state needs to start controlling alcohol consumption like in Finland, and push back culturally on drinking. Putting limits to alcohol use, had a big effect on the decrease of alcohol consumption here. Finns were some of the biggest abusers of alcohol only a decade or so ago, today they are within the norms.
Alcohol is ruining so many Eastern European countries, it's awful. I love Slovenia but I just can't stay too long because of all of the alcoholism. So depressing.

Back