Russia Ends Development Of Su-57 Their Advance 5th Gen Fighter

PEB

Sunflower in support of Ukraine
@Steel
Reaction score

It's what I have been saying for a long time it's a lie. India walked away even saying it's inferior to an F-35 an upgraded F-18 in combat and avionics.

Last edited:
They broke

Its up to the Chinese now to chalenge US militar tech air support program. 5TH Jet stealth.

Fake news. The official in charge of Defense and Space industry, Yuri Borisov, stated that they are not rushing the mass production as the actual 5th gen engine izd.30 isn't ready yet, it only started flight tests late last year. Originally the Russians wanted to start the serial production with the old engine for at least 60 aircrafts, but as there were delays in the program (as there are in basically every modern military program), they figured it is more sensible to just wait for the real engine. Probably takes at least to 2020 before the tests are complete. This isn't news either, they already told this much in 2016. They do however produce a batch of 12 aircrafts for the air force to familiarize itself with the aircraft and the agreement for the first 2 was just made, with them going to Lipetsk Air base, the main training and tactics development center of the VKS.

Fake news. The official in charge of Defense and Space industry, Yuri Borisov, stated that they are not rushing the mass production as the actual 5th gen engine izd.30 isn't ready yet, it only started flight tests late last year. Originally the Russians wanted to start the serial production with the old engine for at least 60 aircrafts, but as there were delays in the program (as there are in basically every modern military program), they figured it is more sensible to just wait for the real engine. Probably takes at least to 2020 before the tests are complete. This isn't news either, they already told this much in 2016. They do however produce a batch of 12 aircrafts for the air force to familiarize itself with the aircraft and the agreement for the first 2 was just made, with them going to Lipetsk Air base, the main training and tactics development center of the VKS.
hqdefault.jpg

That totally explains why Russia development partner India on the program walked. If there was no issues why are they walking an making statements about its lack of true 5th gen technology. The US remains the only country in the world who been selling 5th gen fighters.

I don't know that the jet is completely dead YET but the outlook isn't great. The Russians have been planning a lot of big ticket items (Su57, various missiles, new subs, Lider class destroyer, Armata, PAK DA... the list goes on) while also curbing their defence spending... something's gotta give.

Is the Su-57 the T-50 PAK-FA or something else?

Are our F22s still grounded?
Likely but new developments may restart the program. Of more interest is the development of AI an how it could shape drone combat in the future. You may not need complex life support an safety systems in the future costs for maintenance and purchase costs will come down.

That totally explains why Russia development partner India on the program walked. If there was no issues why are they walking an making statements about its lack of true 5th gen technology. The US remains the only country in the world who been selling 5th gen fighters.

India was/is not a development partner of PAK FA, but FGFA, which was supposed to be a separate indianized version for them, with their own subsystems and so on. India never paid one penny to PAK FA program, but only 295 million for the preliminary design of FGFA in 2010 (after first PAK FA prototype had already flown). And they haven't officially ended it (contrary to the misleading stories by some sites), but unofficially there have indeed been many statements and claims about burying FGFA, with the Indian sources claiming that they prefer simply buying an export version of PAK FA when it is ready. Indeed for anyone who knows anything about the level of aerospace industry in India understands that their ability to contribute up to date systems for their version of 5th gen aircraft is more than suspect.

Also you did nothing to counter the factual correction that I made. The PAK FA program is NOT cancelled and on the contrary literally less than a week ago it was reported that the air force's training center Lipetsk is to receive the first Su-57s in the beginning of 2019.

I understand that it is easier to shitpost some memes than to deal with facts.

https://iz.ru/767944/aleksei-ramm-aleksandr-kruglov/su-57-idet-v-armiiu
23uyjo5.jpg

India was/is not a development partner of PAK FA, but FGFA, which was supposed to be a separate indianized version for them, with their own subsystems and so on. India never paid one penny to PAK FA program, but only 295 million for the preliminary design of FGFA in 2010 (after first PAK FA prototype had already flown). And they haven't officially ended it (contrary to the misleading stories by some sites), but unofficially there have indeed been many statements and claims about burying FGFA, with the Indian sources claiming that they prefer simply buying an export version of PAK FA when it is ready. Indeed for anyone who knows anything about the level of aerospace industry in India understands that their ability to contribute up to date systems for their version of 5th gen aircraft is more than suspect.

Also you did nothing to counter the factual correction that I made. The PAK FA program is NOT cancelled and on the contrary literally less than a week ago it was reported that the air force's training center Lipetsk is to receive the first Su-57s in the beginning of 2019.

I understand that it is easier to shitpost some memes than to deal with facts.

https://iz.ru/767944/aleksei-ramm-aleksandr-kruglov/su-57-idet-v-armiiu
23uyjo5.jpg

Deal with facts? I gave you a video full of facts and the problems the SU-57 is having with many parts of the project. They still have not delivered advance super-cruise jet engines instead are relying on older less capable AL41F1 engines that is an older less capable design. They are having problems with the idelize 30 engine development even then will still be unable to match the super-cruise F119-PW-100 engines in the F-22. These F22 engines are over two decades old and I am sure new generation of jet engines are already in the pipeline and this is why the Government is so protective of the F-22 it's decades ahead of anything today.

hqdefault.jpg

Lol at the Iraqi guy. I'd bet that Russian fighter is good but not as good as the US ones, but the reason India declined is that it's too expensive and they don't really need it right now. It's not like they can simply buy some F-22s

Maybe the Russians didn't bribe them enough , and it's not like the Indians haven't bailed on other partners on defense contracts before now .

My bet is the jet is just still at an early developmental point and the Ruskies are being forced financially to amortise the development costs across a more protracted time span. Whether that will prove fatal to the project remains to be seen.

AFAIK the handful of examples that have been built are still getting around with placeholder radars, placeholder engines and incomplete sig reduction measures. Integrating the new stuff is unlikely to be trouble free... One hopes for the Russians' sake that they can get a viable fleet up and running inside 10 years or they risk being badly left behind by the US and China in the tactical aviation game.

OT- but how can a corrupt nation with the economy the size of new york state spend so much on defence?

For the second time? What was the problem? Seemed like they were stumped on it

i think they redesigned the interface between the aircraft and the g-suit and installed a backup oxygen generator

Back