Russia Collusion Megathread v.10: one guilty plea, two indictments, one resignation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like Trump surrounded himself with some pretty great people who were generally trustworthy and who won't end up revealing any crooked business dealings with Russia if they go down.

You know... conduct the kind of vetting that would prevent competent politicians from bringing in corrupt personnel for Mueller to bust?

Excuse me *extreme* vetting process

No, thry made a correction. Big difference.
Oh. That's the new way to tell it?

The whole premise of the story was false.

And if you pull the original story and ISSUE a knew one. That first story is retracted

"I'm no Trump supporter, but I think (Trump supporter jargon)."

At this stage I would say "deep state" has become a term not solely linked to the right though and honestly what would you call the FBI, CIA, etc seemingly looking to have an influence on politics?

I think Trump is a charlatan who will most likely fail to deliver on the hopes of many of those who voted for him(bar perhaps the very rich or overly racist) but I see the reaction to him as a clear case of the established order being on the defensive. Ultimately these are the people that helped create Trump and viewed him as an opportunity to push though the pro establishment candidate in Hilary as the "reasonable" alternative, whilst making sure they squashed the the left leaning alternative in Sanders.

I do think a significant part of the population in the west are living in a middle class dreamworld, where some cheap and easy PC politics(that do little to actually help the disadvantaged) are all that's needed to justify what they view as a self serving agenda(ironically it very often isn't as there dependant on public spending that's reduced). They need a fantasy to imagine why someone like Hilary failed as a candidate and let in someone like Trump rather than taking a look in the mirror. That there happy with a "reds under the bed" one I think tells you a lot about their real politics.

These dominoes take too long to fall.

(The internet has ruined my attention span.)

Other than the part where he didn’t actually obstruct the investigation. Since ya know, it’s still going and Flynn was indicted and all.

Quick, get ABC on the horn. "Trump Admits To Obstruction Of Justice! Well Not Exactly, But Fuck Facts!"

So trump is saying he fired Flynn because he knew lied to the FBI but the next day he told comey to back off of Flynn? He said in February Flynn did nothing wrong.

This was common knowledge weeks ago, was it not?
It was commonly known that trump had done this, but he hadn’t admitted it because that would be really, really fucking stupid of him.

If nothing else, I hope Jared and Ivanka get the boot, and Jared gets charged with something.

Flynn was just doing what Jared told him to do. Flynn took the fall for Jared.

"Ivanka Trump and Jared Kushner ignored red flags and warnings from top officials concerning former National Security Adviser Michael Flynn, and pushed to get him into office to reward his loyalty to the president.

The couple has been a major influence on the Trump administration as a whole, encouraging President Donald Trump to hire and fire as they see fit. In light of Flynn’s guilty plea on charges of lying to the FBI on Friday, Ivanka and Kushner’s support is especially concerning, particularly given reports that Kushner was the “very senior member” of the administration who instructed Flynn to make contact with a Russian ambassador during the election."

https://www.yahoo.com/news/jared-kushner-ivanka-trump-pushed-150727151.html

So in email a trump member is admitting the Russians helped them win the election and the trump administrations obsession with removing sanctions on Russia.

Other than the part where he didn’t actually obstruct the investigation. Since ya know, it’s still going and Flynn was indicted and all.

So it's not obstruction because Comey didn't agree and kept investigating?

giphy-downsized-large.gif

So it's not obstruction because Comey didn't agree and kept investigating?

giphy-downsized-large.gif

It’s not obstruction if you don’t actually obstruct anything. Comey himself said Trump didn’t obstruct anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back