Rushed Close to Mania?

kmelloh

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
It felt pretty odd with the way Brock got the pin and just walked out with no pyro or anything. I believe a bad blade job cut the match short

Edit: and it closed with an Unusual crowd shot rather than a celebration

Someone should have Nancy Kerrigan-attacked his knee after the match but for real cause Roman is shit and deserves to be homeless.

Oh. I closed my network when they cut to the video package. Was Roman bleeding and did they give him like a hero’s walk off?
They cleaned it off and he was getting lightly booed

I don't think it was rushed. What else were they gonna do? 9 more F-5's, and 12 more superman punches?

I think that was always the finish. I don't think the blood changed anything.

I'm not sure that was a blade job, Brock knows how to elbow the scalp and it was already starting to bleed (right along the hairline) as soon as he stopped throwing them. Maybe it was a pre match blade, I did see Brock pulling back on Roman's hair, but I never saw a point where Roman really could have bladed. Honestly, the ending last night was one of the worst Ive ever seen. The crowd couldnt even be bothered to boo they just didnt care at all. At least if he was booed out of the building it would have been some type of reaction.

I don't think it was rushed. What else were they gonna do? 9 more F-5's, and 12 more superman punches?

I think that was always the finish. I don't think the blood changed anything.
Agreed. Even if it was rushed home nothing else could really be done at that point. Match was a terrible mess

In my opinion they were probably trying to get Roman over in a similar fashion to Steve Austin vs Bret Hart @ wm 13. The problem is Reigns isn't Austin.

In my opinion they were probably trying to get Roman over in a similar fashion to Steve Austin vs Bret Hart @ wm 13. The problem is Reigns isn't Austin.

Maybe, but if they were going to do that, you can't have Roman lose clean. With Austin, he passed out instead of quitting. That's respectable. All Roman did was get the piss beat out of him, and then lose 1-2-3 in the middle of the ring. All they really accomplished in that match, was pushing Brock even more.

There doesn't really have to have a pro-Roman angle to it. Perhaps that was just the end of the road for Roman's main event push, and they're gonna move on with Braun, or whoever. I mean really, this guy has had a solid three years in the spotlight, and hasn't ever really lived up to the hype. Maybe Vince has just finally accepted that, and is ready to give someone else the spot.

He kicked out of four finishers. That doesn't sound like the end of a push to me.

He kicked out of four finishers. That doesn't sound like the end of a push to me.

Meh, he lost. Nobody will remember how many finishers he kicked out of. Shit, it's practically mandatory for every match to have no less than four finisher no-finishes. It really means nothing.

Roman's not going away or anything, but I think he'll be knocked down a peg after he loses again in the upcoming cage match.

Saint Brock of Lesnar is Twice anointed. Once upon the Eight Sided Altar and once upon the Circle that is Squared

Meh, he lost. Nobody will remember how many finishers he kicked out of. Shit, it's practically mandatory for every match to have no less than four finisher no-finishes. It really means nothing.

Roman's not going away or anything, but I think he'll be knocked down a peg after he loses again in the upcoming cage match.

How many finishers did 16 time champion John Cena kick out of in his match?

Back