running distance trackers?

• Thread starter Deleted member 159002
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 159002

I want to start running but I don't want to have to carry my phone with me. Are there any lightweight devices you can wear that keep track of how far you've run?

I want to start running but I don't want to have to carry my phone with me. Are there any lightweight devices you can wear that keep track of how far you've run?
What you are looking for are GPS watches or fitness trackers but I don't think they are worth it for me.
I just use the distance calculator with googlemaps.

I just use this free website to calculate the distance I'm about to run or I've just run: https://www.gmap-pedometer.com/

And if I want to time my run I use a very very cheap stopwatch watch around my wrist.

I personally don't think it's worth investing that much into a very sophisticated GPS watch with all those fancy functionalities like calories, heartbeat rate and so on.

I know for a fact that a lot of marathon runners and Thai boxers when they run for practice don't track more than what distance they've run.

drive the distance and record it on your odometer, map out paths by distance. That's what I used to do.
Then I bought a gps watch, i bought a Garmin 920 XT which does almost everything, i can use it for biking, swimming and running. It tells me my speed, ground contact time, elevation, distance, heart rate, VO2, and a bunch of other things. If you're serious about it I'd invest in something like that. There are cheaper models, but there you go the zero dollars solution and the few hundred dollars solution.

Back