[Rumour] Tybura has still two fights left with M1 Global

Specnaz

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Sam Kaplan's tweet about Tybura becoming free agent in January is untrue, he still has two fights left under his contract, so I don't expect him to sign with UFC in the nearest future.

Rumour 2 : There are three options discussed for him as to who should he be fighting next, there's Kharitonov, there's rematch with Grabowski and there is match with Ishii if he wins with Cro Cop in December, so two out of the three potential match ups will come true.

My guess would be Kharitonov, then Ishii. If he beats Cro Cop, obviously.

Kharitonov makes the most sense, no reason for a Grabowski rematch.

It's a shame if it's true, I really would like to see Tybura testing himself in deep waters.

Anyway, Kharitonov should be next, and if he fights like he fighted Garner, it's going to be a easy win for the polish.

A Grabowski rematch doesn't make any sense and Ishii is not fighting against Cro Cop on the New Year's Eve show anymore.

EDIT.* My bad, I had not seen the topic about Ishii indeed fighting Cro Cop on December, but Kharitonov is still the next logical matchup for Tybura.

Last edited:
no reason to do the rematch. mm too bad hes still under contract...

I really think Tybura is the next big thing, could be a UFC champ one day for sure.

Hes a beast really should be in the UFC at this point.

M-1 needs some new blood quickly in the HW division, they could try to bring in Bedorf ...
I dunno if there's some young fighter coming out of the MixFighter experiment ...

The HW they've I can think of r:

Marcin Tybura
Dennis Smoldarev
Sergei Kharitonov
Kenny Garner
Damian Grabowski
Konstantin Gluhov
Satoshi Ishii
Shamil Abdurahimov (15-2)
Murad Izmailov (4-0, interesting fighter)
Aslambek Musaev (4-1)
Mikhail Gazaev (3-0)
Chaban Ka
Jeff Monson
Kurban Ibragimov

IMHO too much difference in quality between the top fighters and the up-and-comers ... or, better, fighters like Izmailov and Musaev should start fighting Garner, Gluhov and similar fighters.

Ishii won't take that fight, guaranteed. He is selective of his opponents.

I'd guess Kharitonov since Sergei is crazy and will take any fight, even if it's a bad matchup.

Next fight they could do a Shamil Abdurahimov vs Grabowski match, and I think Shamil would be able to take it for the last fight.

After that he's cleaned out the M-1 HW division really unless they sign Goltsov or get Delija again.

Kharitonov definitely makes most sense. Would love to see this fight.

Sergei makes the most sense, after the way he looked I think Tybura subs him. Garner had him down and mounted for the entire first round.

Thats a big win, then fight Ishii/Cro Cop or Grabowski again and his stock will be even higher.

Sergei makes the most sense, after the way he looked I think Tybura subs him. Garner had him down and mounted for the entire first round.

Thats a big win, then fight Ishii/Cro Cop or Grabowski again and his stock will be even higher.

Yeah, if Tybura beats Kharitonov, a fight against the winner of Cro Cop/Ishii definitely makes sense.

I like Tyburas vibe he's like the new Fedor or something lol.

Like to see him in bellator first

I think M-1 has the slightly better HW division. Both are real solid. Tybura has went through most of them though and Kharitonov should be next. M-1 should keep bringing in the HWs like they have been. I would love to see him in a fight against Minakov after the Kharitonov fight. Some cross-promotion would be nice for this one. Cro Cop/Ishii winner makes sense as well after the Kharitonov fight.

I think M-1 has the slightly better HW division. Both are real solid. Tybura has went through most of them though and Kharitonov should be next. M-1 should keep bringing in the HWs like they have been. I would love to see him in a fight against Minakov after the Kharitonov fight. Some cross-promotion would be nice for this one. Cro Cop/Ishii winner makes sense as well after the Kharitonov fight.

I actually agree, M-1 has the second best HW division, which would pull out in front even more if Minakov does retire for politics. Which is not entirely surprising. Bellators top 3 HW's are Minakov, Volkov and Ivanov, and their best prospect is Sosnovskiy. All 4 of those fighters are from the regions where M-1 recruits talent from.

I don't see the big deal.... He's still young, and 2 more fights before going to the big show certainly doesn't hurt. Sometimes I wonder why people are always rushing prospects to fight in the UFC, and then they wonder why they go bust... Yeah sometimes maybe they aren't any good, but other times it's because they were green and rushed into the big show. Granted, I think Tybura beats a lot of guys in his current form, but 2 more fights doesn't hurt.... As for who I would want him to fight next. Sergei obviously makes sense even though he's more dedicated to his kickboxing career, and looked poor against Garner. After Sergei, then a Grabowski rematch certainly wouldn't hurt as he's probably the 2nd best guy in M-1 behind him ATM.

I hope they sign him to a long term extension !

Sounds like Minakov is done with mma, Volkov apparently gave an interview saying he's fighting Kongo for the title.

Caplan/Floyd talked about it, Minakov getting some sports ministry job that would set him up for life pretty much and that the offer was too good to pass up.

So sounds like he's done with mma.

Hope he reconsiders. Gotta suck if true for Bellator, they lost Konrad and now possibly Minakov both before they ever got to hit their prime and show how good they really are.

Back