Rumored: Allistar Overeem vs Travis Browne

Frank Mir.

Pull Nog v Werdum and let Werdum and DC go for the next #1 contender. Give Big Nog to Reem.

But such a big bad man like Reem and he comes back against Brown.

It's Overeem's fault for being matched with Browne?

Cant win it, Browne is a legit top HW and I think he is better then Big Foot, easily.

This is not an easy fight for Overeem and this is a guy in travis browne who can hit hard is faster then overeem and can possibly muscle up with Overeem.

This is tough fight for Overeem, and Travis is bigger.

Finally, someone who doesnt use hype as a criterea for judging a matchup.

Awesome fight can't wait. Hopefully reem has been eating the horse meat

Overeem didn't 'fold' against Bigfoot. He was gassed, got cornered, and was subsequently obliterated with a barrage of haymakers that no one except maybe [insert guy with ridiculous and PROVEN chin here] would have survived.

I mean damn Bigfoot slaughtered Browne too.

Overeem didn't tap to strikes or anything, just ate shot after shot until he finally went down.

That said, he's still top 5 easily, holds wins over Werdum [who is ranked much higher] and Hunto, [who is in line to fight for the belt] and obliterated Brock Lesnar who was a god around here for a long time.

So Overeem. Talented, experienced, this is like his what, 50th MMA fight? Hopefully he gets a title shot before he retires.

This is pretty much how I feel about Overeem, I like him but he isn't one of my favorite fighters. He definitely takes punches better now than he did at LHW, I think the added size and no dehydration helped him a lot. I like that he has a kill or be killed style and is very well rounded.

Overeem had a horrible game plan for Bigfoot, having his hands low wasn't necessary. Bigfoot doesn't have a good shot, he normally gets his takedowns from the clinch, where Overeem has the advantage.

Frank Mir.

Pull Nog v Werdum and let Werdum and DC go for the next #1 contender. Give Big Nog to Reem.

But such a big bad man like Reem and he comes back against Brown.

frank mir just fought, and he looked absolutely terrible.

he's on a 2 fight skid, what do you think he's gonna say when they approach him with the idea of fighting overeem? im willing to bet he even turned it down. of course, i have no proof. just speculation.

if you honestly think mir would have been significantly better than a browne fight, i just don't know what the fuck to tell ya. mir's done nothing lately.

I can already see that a lot of fans are going to be upset in this one. Cant wait to come in here after the fight and see what the excuses are.

Overeem is gonna make his name off Browne and rocket into UFC Superstardom

I just think he will underestimate Browne, and Browne is a guy who can capitalize on that. Plus hes faster, more explosive, more athletic, and naturally bigger.

I'm not so sure Browne is more explosive than Overeem. Alastair can generate crazy power over short distances.

Edit: I guess you could argue that Browne's elbows against Gonzaga were a good counter-example, but I still think Overeem has the edge.

I predicted this fight would happen the day after Browne's last fight. It makes sense. Overeem takes him out, fights a contender and if he impresses, he should rematch silva. Damn, I would love to watch Overeem vs. Cain.

It's Overeem's fault for being matched with Browne?

im quickly realizing using logic to reason with this guy isn't really going to work. his suggestions so far for a better fight would be mir on a 2 fight losing streak (looking terrible by the way) and Werdum who's already signed to fight big nog at the end of TUF brazil.

brilliant, just brilliant.

He's coming off two wins and given how the last fight went, a rematch is in order.

That was a year ago. Hes not relevant enough right now yet.

This is very much a what have you done for me lately sport. The longer you sit, the farther you fall.

Back