RUMOR: Woodley vs Maia/Masvidal winner in the works for UFC 214

Sucks for Maia, I'm a big fan but Masvidal is getting that TS if true.

I see Jorge Rorying Tyrone, but without the takedowns and leaving Woodley a bit more busted up.

Stipe v. JDS
Aldo v. Holloway
Cody v. Dillashaw

Are all announced mate. If DC fights Jones I think they're doing pretty well. Idk bout the women divisions because I don't really pay attention tho.

Aldo/Holloway while still a great fight, is still weird because it feels like two interim champs fighting for the "real" belt.

I don't disagree with you that those are title fights that make sense, but there's still more muddled divisions than there has ever been in the UFC, so especially when you hear rumors Woodley might be doing some dumb shit like McGregor or Diaz, fights like these are an absolute relief.

Aldo/Holloway while still a great fight, is still weird because it feels like two interim champs fighting for the "real" belt.

I don't disagree with you that those are title fights that make sense, but there's still more muddled divisions than there has ever been in the UFC, so especially when you hear rumors Woodley might be doing some dumb shit like McGregor or Diaz, fights like these are an absolute relief.

McGregor is never going back to FW more than likely so Aldo v. Holloway is the one that makes sense. I get what your saying but I think more often than not they still make the right fight. Bisping is the exception to the rule not the rule really. Bisping v. GSP makes no sense but GSP is a top 3 UFC champ who went out on a winning streak. It's not surprising that he'd be a shot when he came back to the UFC it's just surprising what division it's in.

Surely Plat was in consideration.

Maia should have got the title shot anyway.

POS ufc.

If Jorge does win, I hope he misses it for 214.

Fuck the ufc.
Make Woodley/Thompson 3

Why is Maia/Masvidal even happening?

Cancel that crap.
Because they probably wanted GSP/Conor and that failed.

But now they'd rather just let Maia/Jorge happen as it removes Maia from getting near that title.

Drake did you just use Dizz as a source you silly bitch. It is known he just posts random likely scenarios and hopes they stick.

I guess this is a possibility but it'd be kinda ridiculous for the UFC to tell Woodley a date for the fight and have him start training camp when the fight hasn't even happened. You don't know if the winner will sustain injuries, have a post fight suspension, or even just have an awful performance.

And the date is supposedly 2 months after the fight which would be a ridiculous turn around for a title fight.

Maybe Woodley is trolling us with the date?

I know we all have given Tyrone crap for being so vocal about stupid shit but as far as champions go, he should be respected for actually defending his title against top contenders not once, not twice, but going on three times. In this day and age that's rare among champions.
Mad respect.

Maia finally going to get a shot!

I mean if Maia gets a quick sub, I guess you could do that...if it's a war that goes to decision....

No way the fights a war. If Maias forced to trade with Jorge he gets put to sleep, if he can force it to the ground he wins by sub.

At worst we get a grinding clinch fest with little damage

I used to him as a rumor. & he's got many right as well. Can't be right every time.
I am right!

Zuffa sell the ufc by 200. Tick
Wmma sucks. Tick
Ronda is overrated. Tick
Ronda is ugly. Tick
Shogun beats Chael. Tick
Wanderlei will beat Chael. Tick

I am right!

Zuffa sell the ufc by 200. Tick
Wmma sucks. Tick
Ronda is overrated. Tick
Ronda is ugly. Tick
Shogun beats Chael. Tick
Wanderlei will beat Chael. Tick
<DrakeLaugh>

I know we all have given Tyrone crap for being so vocal about stupid shit but as far as champions go, he should be respected for actually defending his title against top contenders not once, not twice, but going on three times. In this day and age that's rare among champions.
Mad respect.
It's his job.
And he tried not to.
And was told to shut up and fight Thompson because only certain fighters get to do what they want.

Hope this is true, but didn't Tyron say he ALREADY had a 'surprise' opponent?

Makes me think he is doing a money-fight against someone undeserving. lol

at this point a surprise opponent is a viable contender!

Back