RUMOR: UFC doesnt want to go to court with GSP

TMAN29

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Was just a post I saw on twitter. Poster tweeted Matt Mitrione. Contrary to popular belief I actually think GSP/his Lawyer have a great leg to stand on with this issue. An indefinite contract is unheard of and the UFC has never had to deal with a champion sitting out his three yrs.... They have to know that a contract like that is too one sided to be set as legally binding. What do you think?
https://twitter.com/RydeLyfe/status/791554361214152704?s=09)
THINK MMA (@RydeLyfe) tweeted at 3:17 AM on Thu, Oct 27, 2016:
Sources: @UFC will not go to court over GSP contract. They fear setting a legal precedent for all contracts @mattmitrione Any thoughts?

Probably for the same reason that they can't accept Ben Askren - winning fights without sacrificing their brains.

GoatSP is the most complete fighter, even in the courts.

Last edited:
One side of me wants to see GSp fight in the UFC the other wants GSP to fuck them up in court which would probably have lasting effects on how the sport is run

Plus they changed the details of that contract with sponsorships. That effects each fighter differently but hits guys like GSP hard... I really think GSP has a good chance to win if this goes to court

The atmosphere and crowd during GSP's walkout would be INSANE.

Love watching GSP fight in Canada.

Hope it gets done but the UFC gives no fucks and a part of me feels they don't deserve one of the GOAT's to come back and sell out another Canadian arena in 3 minutes.

They know as well as anyone GSP doesn't lose decisions

UFC is fucked

One nipple said riddum, the other said justice.

Gotta think it's -250 at this point for GSP to grind out another decision victory.

RUMOUR from....

Twitter account with 40 followers.. :')

Q0xEME.png

Solid rumour TS.

Are you one of the 40?

Neither side wants to go to court. GSP doesn't want to waste the money and the UFC doesn't want to get into a battle it will most likely lose.

The UFC should be laying out the red carpet to get a original OG GSP back into the fold, instead it's talk of court and I own your life and vampire any money you make without me contract, WTF? Makes no f*king sense what's going on with this new UFC..? Don't want him let him go, want him negotiate so you both make money.

I know it's far more complicated than my over simplification above but bottom line GSP is a cornerstone in the UFC's house they need to bend a little just like they do for their soon to be falling star Conor McGregor.

Last edited:
Well, mutherfuckers won't have to spend all that cash "re-introducing" him to the fans now, will they?

Stupid goofs.

The fact is, every time a lawyer who doesn't work for the UFC gets a glimpse of these contracts they seem to be totally shocked at how antiquated they are. Nobody has the balls, independence or cash to take them to court since Randy, so they keep getting away with it.

I think it would be great if the UFC had to go to court and have this challenged in the light of day (or at least law).

Really curious to see how this goes....

Perhaps GSP should think about what might be best for the fighters long term, and go to court. Put his own interests on the back burner. GSP is the type of all class guy that may do that..

GSP put out a video saying he's in negotiations to fight Bisping for the belt....

Back