RUMOR: TJ Grant vs. Nate Diaz To Headline UFC Fight Night Halifax

He ha said several times that he doesn't want to fight as often as he has in the past anymore.
Did he say why?
Jesus, there are some retards in here. It was a close fight, both guys were landing hard and then Grant finished Maynard. It was a brutal TKO but it wasn't a dominant performance, calm down.
Maynard landed some good punches but I remember TJ just walking through them and then mercilessly beating him down. Maynard was never close to victory in that fight.
nice. common opponent in Maynard whom they both handled easily.

i like dis.
That exact line is what popped into my head when I read the thread title. Dis goin' to be gud fo sho.
That's a good fight, but it sucks for TJ. He went from having a title shot to fighting a guy who isn't even in the top 5.
Nate is a big name though and it would be Grant's second top 10 win in a row and 6 wins in a row at LW, definitely enough to get him a title shot, especially if he wins impressively.
started off as a wrestler when he was younger, always did bjj, his first cpl fights he was arm baring everyone, that was always oin the local circuit here tho, but I can honestly say ive seen everyone of his fights pre ufc and during ufc and his ground game is legit
I believe you but Miller was also legit and he almost got his tongue ripped off by Diaz. Granted, TJ is quite a bit bigger and I think that will help him out on the mat. Man I'm getting goosebumps just thinking about this fight. Reminds me why LW is my favorite division.

hope it's true, rooting for nate but i would love to see grant come back

I hope it is true because this would be a great fight, the winner could definitely be next in line for a title shot.

3451oxf.jpg

3504481-oavnmrnv.gif

This would be a good fight if it's true I want to see diaz fight someone anyone

TJs foot work is what won him the maynard fight also, re watch it, it was beautiful

I just rewatched the fight, it went exactly like I said it did. It was a coin flip and Maynard's chin gave out first.

Did he say why?

He's had several different reasons. One was that he has so many losses because he fights more often than everyone else in the division, another was that other guys are getting better fights because they're sitting on the sidelines until someone pulls out of a big matchup with an injury and they step in. It's just Nate being Nate, my point is that he's already said he doesn't want to fight as often anymore so it wouldn't really be unexpected that he'd take this matchup.

Maynard landed some good punches but I remember TJ just walking through them and then mercilessly beating him down. Maynard was never close to victory in that fight.

Neither was Grant... until Maynard's chin gave out. All I'm saying is that both were landing hard shots while it lasted, it was a brutal TKO but not a dominant performance overall. There's a difference between the two.

Good fight. Grant at 100% is probably a bad matchup for Diaz. We will see if injuries are going to take their toll on him.

Damn big fan of grant but....Not digging diaz as grants 1st opp after over a year on the shelf, its a really good fight.
Grants got the edge in power/durability
Nates got his volume boxing/ looks like some range too
Bjj is even, grant is a lot better than ppl give him credit.
But....fck that's a rough fight to get after a long layoff

Grant showed a serious chin in the Maynard fight. He just let Grey punch him full force in the head a few times before closing the distance and destroying him. Not sure if that approach will work against Diaz though.

edit: Diaz bros don't gas after throwing a few haymakers like Maynard. If you let them hit you in the chin, they'll do it over and over until you go out or get wobbled and they sub you.

Damn big fan of grant but....Not digging diaz as grants 1st opp after over a year on the shelf, its a really good fight.
Grants got the edge in power/durability
Nates got his volume boxing/ looks like some range too
Bjj is even, grant is a lot better than ppl give him credit.
But....fck that's a rough fight to get after a long layoff

With all due respect I just don't see how Grant is on the same level of BJJ. I just hope Grant doesn't pull out from injury or he doesn't get hurt in the fight.

Grant showed a serious chin in the Maynard fight. He just let Grey punch him full force in the head a few times before closing the distance and destroying him. Not sure if that approach will work against Diaz though.

edit: Diaz bros don't gas after throwing a few haymakers like Maynard. If you let them hit you in the chin, they'll do it over and over until you go out or get wobbled and they sub you.

But apparently some BJJ rolling will do him in. :icon_lol:

Great fight. That's a tough fight for Grant after that long of a layoff, though.

Also, this has to be Fight Pass bound. Damn it.

That's a cool fight but that fight night is 7 months away. Nate can fight between now and then

Wrong bro, Grant dominated Maynard with his superior footwork and only delusional Diaz fans think otherwise.

:rolleyes:

Back