RUMOR: TJ Grant vs. Nate Diaz To Headline UFC Fight Night Halifax

TJ Grant selling out a card...

laughing.gif

Everyone dominates Maynard as well. Diaz starched him easily. Maynard is on the decline and is barely a top 15 LW if he even is.

dude im from cole harbor and grew up with the guy and around here he is a local hero, I will put money on the fact this card sells out, you clearly don't know the maritimes or how loyal of people we are and how much we like fighting

Watch the fight again, they were both landing hard shots almost immediately. It was a coin flip and Maynard's chin gave out first. It wasn't like Grant went out and started picking Maynard apart before brilliantly setting up a KO punch, his superior durability edged it out for him in an action packed two minute fight where either guy could've gotten the finish.

TJs foot work is what won him the maynard fight also, re watch it, it was beautiful

nice. common opponent in Maynard whom they both handled easily.

i like dis.

Good fight but it will be a tough fight for Grant I think. Grant likes to press forward and doesn't mind eating punches to land some but I think that fight is exactly the kind of fight Diaz flourishes in. I haven't seen much of Grants BJJ since I've only seen his last three fights where he fought primarily on the feet so I can't really guess how a grappling battle would go, anyone who's seen more of Grant's ground game care to give me a prediction? I vaguely remember him slowing down a bit in the Dunham fight and since this is a five round fight with a Diaz maybe his cardio will be a major factor. Still, that fight with Dunham was intense so I don't think he has bad cardio and if he can take control of the fight maybe he'll be able to keep a decent pace.

Good fight, but WOW did Grant get fucked over. Didn't they promise him a title shot like a year and a half ago?

TJ Grant selling out a card...

laughing.gif

Everyone dominates Maynard as well. Diaz starched him easily. Maynard is on the decline and is barely a top 15 LW if he even is.

I'd bet you a fair bit of money it sells out. It's not a big venue, MMA is big around here and the UFC name alone would sell it out.

What a great fight. I hope Nate knocks him out.

This rumor was buzzing on the MMA rumor mill, as well as by a reliable source, MMAsun who's broken many top stories before they've been released, like the Cub vs. Stephens fight the other day. MMAsun reported that TJ Grant vs. Nate Diaz is going to be announced soon as the Main Event for a Fight Night card in Halifax, very close to home for TJ Grant. If this rumor is true, who do you see taking home the win?

thanks Arkridge, always breaking news for us doggers & reppin' Cali
Yes-Head-Nod-Reaction-Gif.gif

I'd take Nate. Good fight though, nice to see TJ Grant back if this is true

That's a good fight, but it sucks for TJ. He went from having a title shot to fighting a guy who isn't even in the top 5.

Good fight but it will be a tough fight for Grant I think. Grant likes to press forward and doesn't mind eating punches to land some but I think that fight is exactly the kind of fight Diaz flourishes in. I haven't seen much of Grants BJJ since I've only seen his last three fights where he fought primarily on the feet so I can't really guess how a grappling battle would go, anyone who's seen more of Grant's ground game care to give me a prediction? I vaguely remember him slowing down a bit in the Dunham fight and since this is a five round fight with a Diaz maybe his cardio will be a major factor. Still, that fight with Dunham was intense so I don't think he has bad cardio and if he can take control of the fight maybe he'll be able to keep a decent pace.

started off as a wrestler when he was younger, always did bjj, his first cpl fights he was arm baring everyone, that was always oin the local circuit here tho, but I can honestly say ive seen everyone of his fights pre ufc and during ufc and his ground game is legit

Anyone saying that the card won't sell out is an idiot

That'd be a good matchup. Hopefully the rumor is true because it would mean Grant's head problems have improved.

Back