Update: Meltzer estimates PPV buys for UFC 225 at 250k

lorenzo-fertitta-frank-fertitta-ufc.jpg
I would never have thought that i would miss these guys.

Megan Anderson: $13,500 ($10,000 to show, $3,500 fight week incentive pay)

It's way too expensive, and too easy to get for free without having to download anything. This spells problems with the newer generations who are tech-savvy enough and who use their computer as their main multimedia platform.

Fight pass and television is the way to go, except maybe for a very few cards (Conor, GSP, Brock, Jones...). As a model, ppv will only keep contracting.

It's way too expensive, and too easy to get for free without having to download anything.

Fight pass and television is the way to go, except maybe for a very few cards (Conor, GSP, Brock, Jones...). As a model, ppv will only keep contracting.

1. I think Jones is not in the same league
2. They thought Punk is

1. I think Jones is not in the same league
2. They thought Punk is

Jones has pulled consistently very good numbers, and could still do so with the right undercard. Yes, he is lesser than the others, but still capable of being a big draw (500k+).

If these numbers are legit then that makes the 500k payout for CM Punk even funnier

UFC is dead bro
Accurate-ish

The hooters we go to watch the fights was kind of dead, lots of empty seating since the card started.

Even just a year ago, the place was packed and getting a table took about 30 min.

Whats the alternative
Well if they had eliminated Ppv earlier the alternative is a more lucrative tv deal with the provider knowing they will get premium cards, or a subscription/streaming deal/service, which I guess is still possible through ESPN+

Read the article. It's from Lance Pugmire of the LA Times, a trusted source in the mma community, reporting on an industry official's statement. Do you know how news works?

I don't read articles. I need everything spoon fed to me by Sherdoggers. Tell me all about it.

Colby is not a draw but the UFC will pretend he is one since he is brown nosing.

Meltzer:
The Los Angeles Times reported this show, which was filled with stars, did less than 150,000 buys on PPV. We don’t have any solid figures but other early estimates are far above that. By next week we should have something that at least confirms the range of how it did.

@jeicex @Hardkore @chrisdiaz

Last edited:
I'm starting to think the UFC are leaking purposely low numbers so that it actually looks like good news when Meltzer brings out his higher estimate. i.e. The UFC 225 may have sold 230k, but that is way higher than an 150k early estimate. Lower expectations and make it look like a win when the news is slightly better.

I'm starting to think the UFC are leaking purposely low numbers so that it actually looks like good news when Meltzer brings out his higher estimate. i.e. The UFC 225 may have sold 230k, but that is way higher than an 150k early estimate. Lower expectations and make it look like a win when the news is slightly better.

WME manipulating things to make people think that low PPV buys are still good. It's been working on @FrankieNYC

Give me a monthly subscription and ability to watch any time during the day and I’ll pay 24/7/365.

And that was the best card in quite a while... UFC, you kinda need to stop competing with yourself. It's making ya lose money. I can't imagine that group that bought the UFC in 2016 has made any kind of money with this thing. $4 billion is quite a bit of money to recoup.

How the fuck did that happen, I mean they had CM Punk on the main card, he was a wrasslin superstar.

They need to recount the PPV buys.

Back