Update: Meltzer estimates PPV buys for UFC 225 at 250k

It was a really solid card, so this is surprising.

To the fans who said Punk would add 150k buys to the PPV, what say you now?
They will say without punk it would have been 0 buys!

The UFC as a product and a brand doesnt sell anymore.

If they want to sell PPVs they'll have to put an effort and promote the fighters.

Can’t wait till they rid the PPV bullshit and move to a subscription service

Even tho ppv is outdated I still don't believe the card did that bad.

Even tho ppv is outdated I still don't believe the card did that bad.
meh. Is it outdated? Seems to be fine in boxing.

How about the UFC promote there fighters so people actually give a shit about the fights?

meh. Is it outdated? Seems to be fine in boxing.

How about the UFC promote there fighters so people actually give a shit about the fights?

I still don't believe the card did that bad. All ufc cards used to do 200k buys from the UFC name alone because of sports bars buying and hardcore fans and stuff.

I still don't believe the card did that bad. All ufc cards used to do 200k buys alone just from the UFC brand and sports bars buying and stuff.
Maybe when the sport was the new fad. 06-13.

But now? Listen man. I will always be watching mma no matter what. But its relatively obvious that this is gonna be the norm for the sports ppv's at least for the foreseeable future.

The UFC seems completely incapable of promoting these guys. Thats why these numbers have been shit this year. and last year.

You HAVE to make people care about these guys or the casuals are not going to watch. That simple

You go on fight pass and they have documentaries promoting nick Diaz and chuck Liddell and then wonder why no one is buying modern day ppvs, no one knows who most of the fighters are anymore.

Find that very hard to believe, if that's true holy fuck. I was expecting around 600-700

you don't actually believe this do you. theres simply no way. 250k minimum. unless people cancelled because of romeo. but i doubt it

I used to host parties at my house every ppv with over 30 people attending and slowly but surely my friends stopped showing up. So a small group of friends that were still into mma would meet at Buffalo Wings & Rings to watch the fights and over the course of a year it dwindled down to just myself. All my friends who were once hardcore mma fans were not watching mma at all except for a few major headliners. Now BWR doesn’t even show the fights anymore

Why do you care so much? Does the number of buys affect you personally or something?

I was just stating that it was an interesting card,that it! I really don’t care!Why do you care so badly about the ufc doing bad..??

Just because you bought it doesn't mean anyone else did.

If it really did 150k, UFC is in trouble.

Maybe, maybe not!! Just stating that it was a good card. Unlike other cards that really don’t produce this much buzz!

usa_today_10884201.0.jpg

MMA needs to take a nap for a year or two. Then come back

Back