Update: Meltzer estimates PPV buys for UFC 225 at 250k

They could've done 10,000 ppv's and Dana would still pocket more than all the fighters together. Lol.

But CM Punk and superstar Colby Cuntvinton! {<BJPeen}

No title fights, a UFC debut, and a fight between two 0-1 fighters on the ppv. Makes sense

I'll say it again it was a bad idea to lift the ppv price to $65. I remember when it was $49.99. Ufc is losing its throttle on supply and demand, their greed is costing EVERYONE

Other factors: RDA, Romero, and Whittaker lack the it factor. They are too humble, too vanilla. It sucks having to be something you're not, but that's the difference between fighters and salesmen.

Romero missing weight and lifting the title fight did zero favors.

Colby has some potential, but he's cheesier than hell and isn't quite there yet. Although the Woodley fight should do better, they will sell the fuck out of it prefight.

CM Punk already fought in UFC and got buttfucked. Some knew this time would be more of the same, which it was

Overall it was a very stacked card and I was happy to buy it. Although stacked and competitive fights just isn't enough anymore. I couldn't find a soul last week IRL Portland who knew who Whittaker or Romero are. I don't think UFC will ever be mainstream, but if they lowered the ppv price they would make more money

1- This would be one of the quickest release of ppvs buy numbers ever.
2- Since when is LaTimes the ones with the scoop on ppv buys?
3- If there was indeed a snitch in the UFC who could release these numbers, Ariel would have him and we would be getting these reports from Ariel.

If there was indeed a snitch in the UFC who could release these numbers, Ariel would have him and we would be getting these reports from Ariel.

Yep
Its impossible to get full numbers in 3 business days
but AH never broke business info & a lot of his UFC sources left when they got rid of the UFC 200 mole

"The UFC knows that putting CM Punk on the main card will increase the numbers. They are doing what's best for business."

Will be interesting to see where this crowd claiming that disappears to.

Meanwhile that guy who doesn't sell ppvs had the highest viewership during his fight lol.

Dana is an idiot for sure for this one.

lorenzo-fertitta-frank-fertitta-ufc.jpg

Lorenzo looks like a mature Bradley Cooper

I didn't think it would do big numbers.....but I was expecting more than that. I was guessing low 200's.

I'll say it again it was a bad idea to lift the ppv price to $65. I remember when it was $49.99. Ufc is losing its throttle on supply and demand, their greed is costing EVERYONE

Other factors: RDA, Romero, and Whittaker lack the it factor. They are too humble, too vanilla. It sucks having to be something you're not, but that's the difference between fighters and salesmen.

Romero missing weight and lifting the title fight did zero favors.

Colby has some potential, but he's cheesier than hell and isn't quite there yet. Although the Woodley fight should do better, they will sell the fuck out of it prefight.

CM Punk already fought in UFC and got buttfucked. Some knew this time would be more of the same, which it was

Overall it was a very stacked card and I was happy to buy it. Although stacked and competitive fights just isn't enough anymore. I couldn't find a soul last week IRL Portland who knew who Whittaker or Romero are. I don't think UFC will ever be mainstream, but if they lowered the ppv price they would make more money

I actually agree with this now, which I didn’t think a few years ago. I thought the UFC had the chance to become the biggest sport and even right now with the nfl losing numbers it would be he perfect time for it to take over. But at the end of the day most people don’t like watching fights, and although I love wrestling the dominance of lay and pray fighters doesn’t help the popularity of the sport. I think this sport can have the biggest stars as we’ve seen with Conor but it will never be one of the top 4 sports.

With numbers this low they might have to raise the price again...image.gif

MMA is dead. At some point you have to accept this.

this is false fake news. Even I bought this pay-per-view and if you knew me you would understand.

There is a solution if they hired a brilliant mind, such as myself.

Back