Rumor: Jones VS Gustafsson in the works for UFC 218

I like Gus and all but he's had some tough fights since Bones. This coupled with Bones appearing to be off the party train adds up to a less competitive fight this time around.

Well pretty reasonable if the Lesnar fight falls through.

Jones vs Gus is a fight that will sell and in the mean time they can put Özemir as a headliner on a Fox Card or as co-main on a PPV to push him as the next contender.

How about Uriah?
Dud is like 0-6 for championship fights (WEC and UFC Combined though)
WTF?

Besides winning the WEC belt he defended it 6 (including his sub win over Cruz) times before losing to Mike Brown.

Gus is worse 4 years later
Jon is better 4 years later

Bet the farm on Jon

What happened to Stipe, Mr Johnny 'Supposed P4P GOAT' Jones? Are you too afraid to fight a hard match up, like DJ?

No wonder he can't break a million PPV's: rematches with already beaten opponents, crushing cans and middleweights. Sad! Waste of talent.

Jones has only gotten better while Gus is the exact same. Jon will make this look as easy as his rematch with DC.

If Gus fights like the last time while resetting like he did against Glover, he would save cardio and not get as tired as he did against Jones. And it was the final rounds that caused to lose.

But I think Jones will be better prepared.

WTF?

Besides winning the WEC belt he defended it 6 (including his sub win over Cruz) times before losing to Mike Brown.
People are ignorant lol. Faber was the man of the lower weight classes for years before Aldo showed up. No respect.

I'm glad it's not gonna be Brock! or anyone from outside the division.
I wished they had picked Volkan against JJ but Gus would be the next logical thing.

Cool, finally.

Jones vs Gus II needs to happen.

Just don't know what the hell they are going to do with Volkan, considering they booked up all the other top light heavyweights. Volkan vs Glover was the match to make, but now that's not a possibility anymore. Volkan vs DC?

Back