Rumor: Jones and USADA reached deal. Will fight at MSG

Where in the bylaws is there a optional payout to allow a fighter to fight???? I dont believe this is real folks
"Assuming this is true," obviously this wasn't supposed to be public knowledge. They would all want to keep this quiet. How did Brock get to fight at 200 after testing bad? Ultimately USADA works for UFC.

I copy/paste it once again, as it has already been posted:

Jones did exactly the same thing last time, writing generic positive messages, hinting at a near return and favorable turns of events. We had the same rumors that everything was going to end well, with insiders ready to teach us casuals how things are done behind the curtain. He still got a full suspension with zero reduction from the guideline.

Jon Jones hints he could return to UFC soon in now-deleted Instagram post
Morning Report: Jon Jones: 'I'm expecting to be back in the Octagon really soon'
REPORT: Jon Jones could return sooner than thought

All those articles came at different times and from different sources while waiting on the previous USADA suspension. I could post them in a new thread right now and 80% of Sherdog would think this is current news, and not two years old articles that ended-up being wrong.

All this is just a PR move : you start all kinds of rumors saying that Jones will be back soon, so when he gets suspended for four years (according to the guideline), it sounds like an unfair witch-hunt against poor innocent Jon Jones who was supposed to be cleared.

Also, as Dimspace mentioned in a similar thread, bribing USADA is useless as WADA can cancel any suspicious decision.

I like how it just openly discusses a bribe to USADA.

both fights make no sense.
Silva is way past his prime.
What is the point of fighting Jon?

And as for Jon, he has been out for far too long.
but his options is to fight an unranked old name or for the belt ???
Makes no sense!

If Jon is close to the top, he should fight top contenders.

I hope so, Jones would crush Silva and beat DC again

"$10 million would most likely do the job"??

$10 million should pretty much do any job anywhere on earth
Yep. Not much I wouldn’t do for 10 million.

Solid rumor. Surprised they got it done for 10 million. Thought USADA had some morals.

I copy/paste it once again, as it has already been posted:

Jones did exactly the same thing last time, writing generic positive messages, hinting at a near return and favorable turns of events. We had the same rumors that everything was going to end well, with insiders ready to teach us casuals how things are done behind the curtain. He still got a full suspension with zero reduction from the guideline.

Jon Jones hints he could return to UFC soon in now-deleted Instagram post
Morning Report: Jon Jones: 'I'm expecting to be back in the Octagon really soon'
REPORT: Jon Jones could return sooner than thought

All those articles came at different times and from different sources while waiting on the previous USADA suspension. I could post them in a new thread right now and 80% of Sherdog would think this is current news, and not two years old articles that ended-up being wrong.

All this is just a PR move : you start all kinds of rumors saying that Jones will be back soon, so when he gets suspended for four years (according to the guideline), it sounds like an unfair witch-hunt against poor innocent Jon Jones who was supposed to be cleared.

Also, as Dimspace mentioned in a similar thread, bribing USADA is useless as WADA can cancel any suspicious decision.

heh, good angle.
I didn't think of this (how naive of me :oops:).

Not Anderson Silva

Corey Anderson.

I don't buy this. You don't just pay off USADA to get a lesser suspension. That's not how it works.

If its true they might as well scrap USADA, how does "suspending" someone for a year matter when some guys are only fighting once a year anyway for big paydays? This is a joke. They don't want to stop PED usage in MMA, they just want to make it seem like they give a shit for PR reasons.

wasteland? lame ass mod. it was clearly stated RUMOR. one of the worst things on sherdog is that you never know who card who, who merge threads, who send it to wasteland and what not

Dizz has no idea what he's talking about. Anyone writing about this should actually read the ADP, and attempt to figure out how USADA actually gets paid (Hint: they don't get paid in athlete fines, and they don't fine athletes). All fines and withheld pay is at the UFC's discretion, and the relevant commission.

from the ADP:
10.1 DISQUALIFICATION OF RESULTS FOR AN ANTI-DOPING POLICY VIOLATION IN CONNECTION WITH A BOUT

An Anti-Doping Policy Violation occurring during, or in connection with, a Bout may, upon the decision of UFC, lead to Disqualification of all of the Athlete’s results obtained in that Bout with all Consequences, including, without limitation, forfeiture of title, ranking, purse or other compensation, except as provided in Article 10.1.1. Factors to be included in considering whether to Disqualify an Athlete’s results might include, for example, the seriousness of the Athlete’s Anti-Doping Policy Violation and the Athlete’s degree of Fault.

10.1.1 If the Athlete establishes that he or she bears No Fault or Negligence for the violation, at the discretion of the UFC and/or the relevant Athletic Commission, the Athlete’s results in the Bout shall not be Disqualified unless the Athlete’s results were likely to have been affected by the Athlete’s Anti-Doping Policy Violation.

10.9 ALLOCATION OF FORFEITED COMPENSATION

Unless required otherwise by an Athletic Commission, forfeited compensation shall, at UFC’s discretion, be applied to offset the costs of the Program or given to anti-doping research.

10.10 ADDITIONAL FINANCIAL CONSEQUENCES

In addition to the other Consequences described under this Article 10, UFC may impose a fine on an Athlete or other Person who commits an Anti-Doping Policy Violation up to the sum of $500,000 depending on the seriousness of the violation and the relative compensation of the Athlete or other Person. All money received by UFC on account of fines shall be applied in the same manner as provided in Article 10.9. The imposition of a financial sanction by UFC shall not be considered a basis for reducing the Ineligibility period or other sanction which would otherwise be applicable under this Anti-Doping Policy.

Fines under the doping program are *ALL* on the UFC, and not decided by USADA. They have nothing to do with any ban Jones might face, and don't reduce the length of a ban. Fines can offset the cost of the program, but this just saves the UFC money, it doesn't earn USADA any more.

https://ufc.usada.org/wp-content/uploads/UFC-anti-doping-policy-EN.pdf

Ignore Dizz. The guy is an idiot. When he's right it's due to the broken clock theory.

10 million, USDA must have a lot of additional evidence against Jones. I’m guessing he must have failed some secret tests.

Back