Rumor: Eddie Alvarez and ONE Championship seems to be getting close to a deal

I'm not going to lie, if he goes to Japan I'm not watching his shit anymore.

Sureee, I'll check it out afterwards, but I'm not staying up to watch Eddie Alvarez vs Shinya Aoki 2, 3 and 4.

i dont think you realise that fighting is like, his job?

phil davis actually put it best when he talked about his move to bellator. he said, he has a wife, and how is he going to tell his wife that he's taking the same job, but for less money? and so of he went to bellator, and i guess the bills got paid
i wouldn't never knock the fighters for taking cash i know i would but from a purely selfish perspective i wish all the top fighters where in the same org . Well said by Phil tho

I know most Sherdoggers are obviously too small minded to watch multiple orgs, but ONE seems like its doing pretty well. Good on them to get Eddie, who is a great fighter and name, even if he lost some fights via KO in the UFC,

i wouldn't never knock the fighters for taking cash i know i would but from a purely selfish perspective i wish all the top fighters where in the same org . Well said by Phil tho

i think its cool having good guys in other orgs. we would never have gotten rory vs gegard in the ufc. seeing how ufc elite stack up in other orgs legitimises them, and it just means more great fights. rory vs lima was a fucking war, ive loved gegards fights in bellator as well

He was lucky to get a title shot in the first place and even luckier in facing a severely compromised RDA, so he got the Conor payday he never deserved. The whole 'violence belt' shtick was ridiculous, as he's proven himself more than ready to stall out a fight at the first sign of action, when it improves his odds of winning. Then he had a pair of fights with Poirier where he made it clear to everyone that he's as dirty as it gets. There isn't much that's redeeming about him at this stage of his career.

loled at one fc "battling" the ufc and bellator to sign eddie. why would the ufc try so hard to re-sign eddie?
Because they have a million cards and he is both a name in the sport and an entertaining fighter. Look at the main event last Saturday

Wat...

Shouldn't you want high level fighters in the one org so we get to see great high quality fights?! Eddie has a number of good fights and I'd like to see him fight Khabib once he loses. Would be a great fight.

Yes, eventually.

But the UFC is basically a monopoly right now. The better other organizations get and the more successful they are, the more pressure it puts on the UFC to treat their roster like human beings and not $30.00 whores.

I have no idea why any MMA fighter who still has some relevance, would even consider signing with ONE.

Who the fuck do they have on their roster at Eddie's weight that provide even a mildly interesting matchup?
If they pay him then at this point in Eddie's life that is the smart thing to do.

If he wins the championship over there, does that make him champ in more organizations than anyone else?

That's some nice legacy there
being champ in second rate orgs isn't better than winning and holding it that long in the UFC. Who is he going to fight over there?

He was lucky to get a title shot in the first place and even luckier in facing a severely compromised RDA, so he got the Conor payday he never deserved. The whole 'violence belt' shtick was ridiculous, as he's proven himself more than ready to stall out a fight at the first sign of action, when it improves his odds of winning. Then he had a pair of fights with Poirier where he made it clear to everyone that he's as dirty as it gets. There isn't much that's redeeming about him at this stage of his career.
So your first Eddie Alvarez fight was against Pettis I see.

Yeah I'd think Eddie is a boring blanket if that was the first fight I watched of his too.

Top 5 in the division and former champ = best to move on. Get of it.

By that rational 90% of the roster should move on.
He haven't faced the deep pool of LW killers. All of Alvarez performances barring one were him losing or barely squeaking out a win. If he would continue in the ufc, he would be crushed by Lee Tony Hooker and more. Alvarez is overrated.

If he wins the championship over there, does that make him champ in more organizations than anyone else?

That's some nice legacy there
He already owns that honor

it wouuld be insanely retarded for the ufc to pay what he's asking, if he's asking for more. he is WAY more valuable for bellator if anything
You have no clue what he's asking

Lost to Cerrone, Conor, Poirier (NC), split win over Melendez and Pettis, had to slug it out and finally finish Gaethje, most dominant win over RDA (best win in the UFC).

Best to move on.
Your analysis is very very disingenuous. You have a slanted bias in your descriptions. "Had to slug it out and finally finish Gatheje". ....he dominated every round and then knocked him out. The split vs Gil was a joke, 13 of 13 media outlets had it a clear 29-28. One blind judge gave it to Gil. Same with the Pettis fight, no clue how that was a split.

Furthermore he won RD 1 vs Poirier, was dominating RD 2 in mount and Dustin received a bullshit standup that lead to Eddie getting kneed in the dick then TKOd after a nice flurry from Dustin.

We're a bullshit standup from Eddie fighting Nate (easy win for Eddie) for #1 contender. And I like Eddie's chances vs Khabib

He's without a doubt still a top 5 LW

He haven't faced the deep pool of LW killers. All of Alvarez performances barring one were him losing or barely squeaking out a win. If he would continue in the ufc, he would be crushed by Lee Tony Hooker and more. Alvarez is overrated.
Hes fought 8 times in the UFC.... all 8 fights vs top 5 ranked guys.... you're kidding right?

Back