Rumor: Bethesda Developing Game Of Thrones RPG

Hopefully it incorporates the scheming and backstabbing of the series and isn't just a reskinned Skyrim

Hopefully they don't fuck it up.

Never mind got them confused with Bioware

Bethesda are great at creating big open world's that are fun to explore but they suck at dialogue, combat and story which Bioware are pretty good at.

If you could combine their strengths you'd really have something incredible.

I watched people play the Other Game Of Thrones game on YouTube and was actually impressed. I mean it wasn't the greatest thing, but I found myself actually getting involved in the story.

I'm interested to see what Bethesda will do. It could be fairly epic, but I won't get my hopes up

Bethesda can't create Telltale level stories.

I played Oblivion, Skyrim and Fallout 3 and they were great games but the plot and dialogue has always been the weakest part.

Looking forward to another Bethesda game where you don't go near the main story after your first playthrough.

Suppose it's for the best. Would rather see CDPR be given the rights for GoT as i'd have more faith in them to do it justice.

I will jump everywhere and get 100000000 jump skill.

The only RPG developers worth making a GoT game, are Bioware and Obsidian.

This needs to be a game where you can "win" the game of thrones as any character class/type.

A knight in an army, a squire, a Night's Watchman, a farm girl, a red priestess, a Maester, etc, etc.

Littlefinger and Varys types, Ned Stark types, Dany types, etc, etc.

So sad how awful the writing is now that GRRM isn't feeding them a detailed story. Episode 4 this season was still one of my favorites, but since then it's been

<JerryWWF>

Not to get too far off track, but A Feast for Crows was pretty bad and A Dance with Dragons was fairly meh. It's actually been a while since GRRM has released a good book imo.

Wasn't Skyrim already based on the world of Game of Thrones? No thanks.

Wasn't Skyrim already based on the world of Game of Thrones? No thanks.
I don't think so. I'm fairly certain that TES lore was inspired by the works of J.R.R.Tolkien, who would've also influenced the fat guy who created the Game Of Thrones universe.

The introduction of Dragons into the series as actual physical and killable beings was done so by long winded demand on behalf of the fans of the series, however they still did exist prior to Skyrim in Elder Scrolls history.

They might've served as a selling point with regards to the game, but their existence wasn't conjured out of nothing for that purpose.

I don't think so. I'm fairly certain that TES lore was inspired by the works of J.R.R.Tolkien, who would've also influenced the fat guy who created the Game Of Thrones universe.

The introduction of Dragons into the series as actual physical and killable beings was done so by long winded demand on behalf of the fans of the series, however they still did exist prior to Skyrim in Elder Scrolls history.

They might've served as a selling point with regards to the game, but their existence wasn't conjured out of nothing for that purpose.

The Elder Scrolls actually precedes the Game of Thrones novels. I was talking about Skyrim specifically. The world seems very similar to the North. Even names are similar. Winterfell/Winterhold, Whiterun/Riverrun, The Reach, etc. There's even an NPC who betrays you named Mercer Fray.

The Elder Scrolls actually precedes the Game of Thrones novels. I was talking about Skyrim specifically. The world seems very similar to the North. Even names are similar. Winterfell/Winterhold, Whiterun/Riverrun, The Reach, etc. There's even an NPC who betrays you named Mercer Fray.
Here is the map for the world of Tamriel that is featured in TES: Arena released in 1994.

mapbigtamriel1.1.jpg

The cities of Whiterun and Winterhold in the province of Skyrim are already featured two years before the Game Of Thrones series were published.

Last edited:
Lame as fuck, but I understand money

Total War: A Song Of Ice And Fire would be better

Please don't fuck this up. Bethesda isn't too good at writing compelling stories but they have fun immersive experiences. I would love it if their was a way to be a Warrior type or a Player of the game amongst other classes.

In. Please don't fuck this up Bethesda.

Last edited:
Umm, some people still aren't up to date. This was dismissed as a hoax. One we all seem to have fallen for.

What we can hope for, is that this long awaited GoT open world RPG is far into development, and even if Bethesda are the ones behind it, that is still a blessing.

If this turns out to be true, we will still have (fingers crossed ALL)Westeros to play in, plus the magic that is mods, multiplied by the fact that Bethesda modding is modding at it's finest(someone has to finish their games for them).

Erections at the ready. I'm certain someone will throw us a bone soon.

Back