Rumor: Bethesda Developing Game Of Thrones RPG

Lovestorm

Silver Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
https://techraptor.net/content/rumor-target-may-leaked-bethesda-game-thrones-game

First noticed by “That Damn Kid” on NeoGaf, Target currently has a listing up simply labeled “Bethesda: Game of Thrones.” To add a little fuel to the fire, we do know that Bethesda currently has two unnamed, large-scale products in the works.

There have been surprisingly few Game of Thrones-related games over the years since the show began, so it would be no surprise to see one get off the ground now, especially with the show on its penultimate season. And with the season finale of that season airing tomorrow, there may be an official announcement coming in the future if this is a real game.

target-game-of-thrones-bethesda.png
<Baelish01>

Nice, now for the story line i believe it will be something completely new. Not Roberts rebellion/dunk&egg but something completely imagined by them. It will tie into the lore though.

I thought this was a GoT game but it's just Skyrim Remastered+

Hopefully they don't fuck it up.

Never mind got them confused with Bioware

Based on the books or the show?

Not sure how to feel about this. I've never liked Bethesda's writing/storylines, so I'm hesitant to think they'll even get near the quality of GRRM.

if they use the same engine as Shitty skyrim or FO4....or use the same crappy combat system that game is gonna flop.

Not sure how to feel about this. I've never liked Bethesda's writing/storylines, so I'm hesitant to think they'll even get near the quality of GRRM.
If the quality is measured by the most recent episode of GOT then i've no doubt that their bug ridden mess will be up to par. If it is to be judged based on GOT as whole then they might be slightly fucked, but hype sales will carry them to safety much like the dodgy and un-GOT writing did for Jon Snow last episode.
if they use the same engine as Shitty skyrim or FO4....or use the same crappy combat system that game is gonna flop.
They will have an overall negative rating i'm sure, but it will be a rating based on millions because everyone will still buy it. I pray they muster more respect for the franchise than the writers of the last episode did, and do GOT justice by investing in a non-shit game engine. At least then the million reviews might be positive.

Otherwise, we will have "epic" shit engine limited battles of 8v8 Dothraki/Lannister "armies" and the Dothraki will be slaughtered dismounting because Bethesda couldn't be bothered to implement decent mounted combat.

If the quality is measured by the most recent episode of GOT then i've no doubt that their bug ridden mess will be up to par. If it is to be judged based on GOT as whole then they might be slightly fucked, but hype sales will carry them to safety much like the dodgy and un-GOT writing did for Jon Snow last episode.

They will have an overall negative rating i'm sure, but it will be a rating based on millions because everyone will still buy it. I pray they muster more respect for the franchise than the writers of the last episode did, and do GOT justice by investing in a non-shit game engine. At least then the million reviews might be positive.

Otherwise, we will have "epic" shit engine limited battles of 8v8 Dothraki/Lannister "armies" and the Dothraki will be slaughtered dismounting because Bethesda couldn't be bothered to implement decent mounted combat.

So sad how awful the writing is now that GRRM isn't feeding them a detailed story. Episode 4 this season was still one of my favorites, but since then it's been

<JerryWWF>

Just like Skyrim and all the Fallout games.

Utter flops.

I cant wait for PS1 tier animations and bugs out the ass! And now I can even pay for mods with the Bethesda Creation Club(tm)! I just hope they add even more procedurally generated meaningless quests this time!

Nice, now for the story line i believe it will be something completely new. Not Roberts rebellion/dunk&egg but something completely imagined by them. It will tie into the lore though.

Telltale kind of already did that with the Forresters and Whitehills.

I like to be a think the undead polar bear was the bear from that game.

I watched people play the Other Game Of Thrones game on YouTube and was actually impressed. I mean it wasn't the greatest thing, but I found myself actually getting involved in the story.

I'm interested to see what Bethesda will do. It could be fairly epic, but I won't get my hopes up

I haven't watched GOT but my understanding is that it's all kinds of witty dialogue and complicated, twisty turny plot. Bethesda the last people I'd want on that shit

I cant wait for a grand siege battle that consists of 8 dudes

I haven't watched GOT but my understanding is that it's all kinds of witty dialogue and complicated, twisty turny plot. Bethesda the last people I'd want on that shit
Brace yourself for the biggest pile of doodoo since the Triceratops turd in Jurassic Park.

I'm still trying to wash off the main storyline from Skyrim, but the dirt just won't come off. It's just like rape!

I'd be interested if it's open world in Westeros in the past, during one of the civil wars, like the Blackfyre Rebellion or the Greens vs the Blacks. You could be a hedge knight wandering Westeros, choosing to pledge to a house or side, travelling through towns along the countryside, going into tourneys, big big battles, small encounters along the Kingsroad.

My perfect game would be something along the lines of Kingdom Come Deliverance, Skyrim or Witcher 3 blended with Game of thrones Lore.

fyi - I'm hyped about this:

I'd describe it more as 1 series of story, and 6 series of filler.

<{MingNope}>

Bethesda's writers are on par with C-middle school students. Going to be a terrible game if true.

Shitty story? Probably

Everything else? I probably love it cause I'm a Bethesda fanboy. Of course there has be less bugs.

Back