(Rumor) Ben Rothwell vs Junior Dos Santos in the works!!!!

tucan89

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
The MMA Bulletin on Facebook just posted that this fight is in the works(rumor) to headline UFCZagreb on April 10th!! And yes their a very legit source. Thoughts???

I thought they would've maybe went with Cain/Big Ben 2 makes more sense imo this fight doesn't but Ben did say he wanted to lay waist to the HW division if he can beat JDS no doubt he's next.

The MMA Bulletin on Facebook just posted that this fight is in the works(rumor) to headline UFCZagreb on April 10th!! And yes their a very legit source. Thoughts???

I thought they would've maybe went with Cain/Big Ben 2 makes more sense imo this fight doesn't but Ben did say he wanted to lay waist to the HW division if he can beat JDS no doubt he's next.

Do you even homonym, bro?

This isn't the most well-cited rumor I've ever read in an OP, but sounds like a great fight.

After the Overeem fight, JDS's best days may be behind him. Rothwell via being a big strong bastard.

JDS doesn't deserve to fight Rothwell.

I thought I would never say that.

Fight makes no sense at all

They are trying to kill off the Rothwell streak so then they've only got to worry about Cain & Overeem

At this point in time....Rothwell mauls JDS.

Ooooooh that's a big fight. That'll tell us where each guy is really at today

Ben is on a streak deserving of a title shot, whereas JDS got KOed recently. Would be a crappy match up from Ben's pov.

Luckily he's a savage that'll fight anyone. He was asking for JDS before he was KOed.

Ben's pretty hittable and Junior isn't going to shoot for takedowns like Meathead and Barnett to get caught in that choke.

That said, Junior was tentative and lacked the aggression and killer instinct and after the Cain fights and the Stipe fight and getting stopped by Overeem his best days may be behind him.

I'd say this is 60/40 in favor of Junior, Junior won't shoot for takedowns and Ben's only KO's in the UFC are when he went on his TRT-Guida impression against Vera and KO's over Reem and Schaub two guys with questionable chins.

I doubt this is true, I think JDS will fight Browne.

I love it. Perfect fight to get JDS back on track if he wins, and if Big Ben gets it done it'd be the biggest win of hit career and would surely make him the number 1 contender.

Hopefully this means Cain vs Reem will headline the Rotterdam card

Fight makes sense...I would wager the Big Ben hype train gets uppercutted off its tracks.

fuck this fight.

giphy.gif

were is bens title shot

Last edited:
Jesus JDS will have a better resume than Werdum basically when he wins

JDS doesn't deserve to fight Rothwell.

I thought I would never say that.

Yes he does,he lost to #3 and beat #2 ranked HW in his last 2 fights.

I think what you meant was the fight doesn't make any sense,since JDS needs an easy fight badly

If JDS wins, Sherdog will claim JDS is back and go back to shitting on Rothwell.

Yes! Yes! Yes! I need main event like that so i can go watch it live.

U8gHfx.gif

damn this is a horrible match for Rothwell i know everyone is saying how far gone JDS and Rothwell is the new "hyped thing" but Ben usually loses in the standup and gets his break when someone tries to wrestle or grapple with him JDS won't do either not to mention he can take a hitand is overall the superior striker

JDS via decision or k.o i don't believe in Rothwell at all tbh

Back