Rumor - Bellator Close To Signing Chuck Liddell To Multi Million $ Deal

I really don’t want to see this. Chuck Liddell is punch drunk. This is just sad. I honestly question why I like this sport sometimes. Chuck Liddell won’t live passed 55 if he fights again. Brain trauma is a real thing and Chuck has probably been hit in the head like a million times in his life.

Let's not see this. Chuck is my favorite fighter of all time, but his last couple years were tough to watch. He was getting KOed right and left. His chin gave out, and it's not coming back. Chuck will get KOed again if he fights, even vs a legend. This is the type of thing that makes people laugh at Bellator, and will prevent Bellator from ever competing with the UFC. Coker needs to stop this legends nonsense and actually work on building up prospects who can be seen as world competitors.

Liddell’s chin is probably almost as bad as Manhoef’s at this point.

Fuck it him be Tito and Wandy are cool w me idk about anyone else tho

They should pay their other athletes better instead of wasting millions on a guy who may only fight once after getting violently KOd, again.

I guess we will see this more and more because of the money now involved in big fights. Can't say I blame Chuck for making a huge payday considering it's probably more than he made while fighting those years in the ufc. Unfortunately money fights just make the sport more like boxing every day. Conner vs Nate 3 is a crap fight, and everyone knows it, but it will sell more than Khabib vs Ferguson even tho that fight is the best fight the ufc has had in a long time. First fight I've actually looked forward too in a while. I believe championship fights should get the $, not big name vs mediocre fighter. Kinda like when Tyson was fighting all those bumz for millions.

NO they wouldnt have which is why UFC paid Chuck not to fight in the first place.

Are we pretending in 2014 the UFC couldnt have said yo Chuck, I know you never really wanted to stop fighting, we are in rough shape. How about one more?

You think Chuck would have said nah I'm good? GTFOH.

UFC never asked him cause they never wanted him to fight again.

There are some guys I'm sure today UFC would consider bringing back, Tito maybe, shit even Randy because Randy still seems all there.

They were never bringing CHuck back at any point because he was washed, Dana is friends with him and I think they all see he's punch drunk and they dont want those problems no matter what.
I don't know man. Tito called out Chuck for a fight in the UFC.

Not difficult to believe the UFC might have been involved in that callout.

They don't want Chuck in Bellator that's obvious.

I don't know man. Tito called out Chuck for a fight in the UFC.

Not difficult to believe the UFC might have been involved in that callout.

They don't want Chuck in Bellator that's obvious.

Uh and yeah Dana just said no thanks, not doing it.

Also guessing TIto has a contract with Bellator still.

Funny thing saying oh 2014 UFC would def have done this they were struggling, uh like they arent now? No stars, middle of a tv deal, PPV's down, need to hit certain financial targets.

They have more need for CHuck today than they did a few years ago and they still dont want him.

Uh and yeah Dana just said no thanks, not doing it.

Also guessing TIto has a contract with Bellator still.
If he still had a contract for Bellator why would he even mention a possible fight in the UFC.

Makes no sense.

Everyone will flip their opinion on Chucks health if he knocks someone dead within 2mins of the first round.

i mean, on one hand... i guess over the hill people with names and dada doodoo somehow bring in a lot of viewers, but on the other... this is hitting levels of geriatric embarrassment that probably shouldn't be reached.

tko via heart attack probably shouldn't be a common method of stoppage.

if Shammy hasn't died in the cage yet, Chuck will be ok.

he opens his mouth for one second and you can tell he has some serious damage.

He shouldn't be allowed near a cage, much less be allowed to actually fight. Hopefully whatever athletic commission gets some balls and doesn't let him fight.

Let's not see this. Chuck is my favorite fighter of all time, but his last couple years were tough to watch. He was getting KOed right and left. His chin gave out, and it's not coming back. Chuck will get KOed again if he fights, even vs a legend. This is the type of thing that makes people laugh at Bellator, and will prevent Bellator from ever competing with the UFC. Coker needs to stop this legends nonsense and actually work on building up prospects who can be seen as world competitors.

First, they'll never be able to compete with the UFC. They don't need to be #1 though. They can still operate a profitable business being #2.

2ndly, he needs to continue having this legends nonsense. It's actually great. No need to see "legends" being fed to young lions, they can compete in fun fights vs guys near them as far as career trajectory.

3rd, they are working on building prospects. Pico, Ruth, Fortune brothers, Joey Davis (sick spinning back kick KO in his last fight), Jarod Trice etc. They've taken ridiculously good wrestlers and brought them into MMA.

4. Without having fights that gets casual viewers to watch, none of these prospects will ever get the "shine" they deserve. If they stick Ruth or the Fortune brothers on cards with Chuck, they can get exposure and potentially piggyback off it and become stars of their owns.

Back