Rumor:Sakuraba vs Rickson Gracie in the works

Except Bruce Lee never claimed to be the best. Rickson Gracie says his way is the best and that he is the best at it, yet pussed out when Sakuraba was crushing his brothers left right and center.
Got a direct quote of Rickson Gracie saying he's the best?

I know the Gracie family says he's the best fighter of the family, but I don't think he ever said he was the best.

I know the Gracie family says he's the best fighter of the family, but I don't think he ever said he was the best.

You haven't seen the bjj is dying bro talk?

I stand corrected on Ruas....years ago there was a rumor they fought to a draw or something, but it wasn't true. And yes, apparently Rickson's brother threw sand in Duarte's eyes... not exactly a fair fight.
The rumour was actually about Rickson having challenged Ruas, but he then denied.

Rickson always said Rolls was the best [modern] ever...

They're Japanese.

It's their culture to fight until you are absolutely shot to hell and can't fight anymore. They garner honour from the length of their run of devastating losses at the end of their careers.

That's what it looks like anyway.

Well, I think they need to stop otherwise the saying 'Japanese tomato cans' will always be the stigma for them.

Last edited:

"400-0"

Does Sakuraba need money, does he need a manager/friend to force him to retire, or maybe both?

this. I have ZERO desire to see Sakuraba fight again...the trauma that guy has endured over his career is truly frightening. Rickson also turns 59 before the end of the year.

edit: I see they proposed a grappling match, not MMA which would be fine, I guess...still...ugh.

Back