Rumor:Sakuraba vs Rickson Gracie in the works

I can see Rickson finally accepting the fight now that Saku has way too many miles on him for the fight to matter.

For all the Gracie cherry picking in terms of rules and special conditions, at least Royce had the balls to fight him in his prime.

Rickson is just a straight up opportunistic fraud.
"the Gracie cherry picking in terms of rules and special conditions" is a misunderstanding.

Are you kidding me?

There are countless examples of Gracies asking for modified rules.
No.

The No-time limit is not a "special rule set", it´s a traditonal Vale Tudo Rule,
since Geo Omori in Brazil in the 1940s.

If u really wanna attack the Gracies about this "special rule set" thing,
u have to be serious about it and go back to the Helio Gracie vs. Masahiko Kimura fight in 1951:
at that time they insisted on using soft mats to avoid injuries related to judo throws during the fight.

No.

The No-time limit is not a "special rule set", it´s a traditonal Vale Tudo Rule,

u have to be serious about it and go back to the Helio Gracie vs. Masahiko Kimura fight in 1951:
at that time they insisted on using soft mats to avoid injuries related to judo throws during the fight.

...no time limit? you mean 'if i stall until the end of the time limit, it's automatically a draw?'

No.

It was a special rule set in PRIDE and HERO'S, it was not their normal rule set. It's no secret that they frequently asked for promotions to modify their rule set when they fought.

It was a special rule set in PRIDE and HERO'S, it was not their normal rule set. It's no secret that they frequently asked for promotions to modify their rule set when they fought.
U didnt read what I explained.

U didnt read what I explained.

you didn't explain anything. you mentioned no time limits, which (iirc) only involved one fight (royce-saku), while trying to omit the plethora of other stupid special rules the gracies forced.

bellator would throw insane amounts of money behind this fight and put some legit fights on the undercard

How do we know? His family says he is the best, but what has he ever proven? He has beaten some complete soup cans in MMA and won half a dozen grappling matches against two really good BJJ practitioners.

Your right.

But there has been a long list of top BJJ guys in the world that have rolled with guy and most of them come out of it amazed. That has to say something.

Your right.

But there has been a long list of top BJJ guys in the world that have rolled with guy and most of them come out of it amazed. That has to say something.

From what I have read, he is the best ever at perfecting the basics, making him the overall master of BJJ. Or he is like the pixies of Bubblegum Forrest.

Last edited:
From what I have read, he is the best ever at perfecting the basics, making him the overall master of BJJ. Or he is like the pixies of Bubblegum Forrest.
It´s a consensus that Rolls was the best [modern] ever...

...no time limit? you mean 'if i stall until the end of the time limit, it's automatically a draw?'

No time limit.....it means there is NO time limit!
KO or submission only! Unless a coach throws in the towel like when Royce fought saku.

Who's more of a bum: Sakuraba or Gomi?

No time limit.....it means there is NO time limit!
KO or submission only! Unless a coach throws in the towel like when Royce fought saku.
*facepalm*

royce used special rules in his fight with tokoro and the rematch with yoshida that definitely had a time limit and was exactly as i stated. hence, the 2 draws.

Back