RUMBLE of the CONTENDERS| Povetkin x Kurbanov x Chuprakov | 14th December

Sakuraba7

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Magomed Kurbanov – ranked WBO #1, WBA #6 and IBF #9 – takes on Japanese veteran Akinori Watanabe. If he wins, Kurbanov will likely fight for the WBO super-welterweight title next year. The title is currently held by Sadam Ali.

Evgeny Chuprakov – ranked WBO #2 and IBF #13 – takes on Argentina's own Pablo Ojeda. If he wins, Chuprakov will most certainly be the contender to the winner of Lomachenko vs Rigondeux's WBO super-featherweight title bout.

Alexander Povetkin – ranked WBA #2, WBO #6 and IBF #12 – takes on Romanian boxer Christian Hammer – ranked WBO #1, WBA #3 and IBF #4. Winner of the bout becomes the contender to the WBO heavyweight title.

Alexander Povetkin (c) vs Christian Hammer
WBA Inter-Continental Heavyweight title (v)
WBO International Heavyweight title

Magomed Kurbanov (c) vs Akinori Watanabe
WBO International Super Welterweight title

Evgeny Chuprakov (c) vs Pablo Manuel Ojeda
WBO Inter-Continental Super Featherweight title

@Sivo The Ram @Sano @cuban23 @Sekimoto @JkMMA @MMALOPEZ @senri @Mr2urbo @GloryOfIran @Yourstepdad @BlackPanther @Cocakillbana @dissufc @starwarzbud13 @Kovalev's "Man Bag" @Seano @Shoemaker @Kahran @Queen B @XCuTioNeR @Clear Winner @Sebbe @Marc A @senri @Minowafanatic @baconCrunch @SuperLuigi @moosaev @Pugilistic @CatchnShoot @spinitch @Cocakillbana @Rider1 @jreez @ironfist05 @PUO3 @DannyNL @Inverse @Hagler

Last edited:
14 December, Thursday 11am EST
15 December, Saturday 7pm St.Petersburg

Last edited:
Povetkin has the international belt from the wbo right? How is he ranked 6 and hammer ranked 1 by them?

This looks like three showcase fights, I don’t see any upsets on the horizon.

Povetkin should smash Hamer in.

Even if he doesn't he'll still get good fights since Ryabinsky has so much money

Povetkin has the international belt from the wbo right? How is he ranked 6 and hammer ranked 1 by them?

This looks like three showcase fights, I don’t see any upsets on the horizon.

This will be his 2nd time fighting with a WBO belt on the line. Hammer has had 8, with this being his 4th in the last 2 years. I think that's why they have him ahead on their rankings.

This will be his 2nd time fighting with a WBO belt on the line. Hammer has had 8, with this being his 4th in the last 2 years. I think that's why they have him ahead on their rankings.
Makes sense, I don’t really follow who has the belts. If ciocan has done what you said then yeah makes sense.

Makes sense, I don’t really follow who has the belts. If ciocan has done what you said then yeah makes sense.

I looked it up myself after you brought it up. Regional titles don't mean much, especially since the governing bodies go crazy with the redundant titles covering the same territory, which is a head scratcher to me.

I am looking forward to this event though, these are future stars right here.

I looked it up myself after you brought it up. Regional titles don't mean much, especially since the governing bodies go crazy with the redundant titles covering the same territory, which is a head scratcher to me.

I am looking forward to this event though, these are future stars right here.
I don’t mind people telling me I’m being a dumbass, I didn’t know too much about him but given I have had to learn to speak Romanian I know who he is.

Povetkin doesn’t deserve a title and neither does hammer/ciocan. If wilder or Joshua land a fight with them it’s their funeral.

I thought the international title was common knowledge, sorry wasn’t trying to insult you.

Weigh-ins:

Povetkin vs Hammer

Kurbanov vs Watanabe

Full weigh-ins

8th round TKO from Zaur Abdullaev (now 7-0) over Filipino lightweight Roberto Gonzales (now 27-4).

Haitian-American cruiserweight Al Sands (20-2) takes on Yuri Kashinsky (14-0) for his WBO Oriental belt.

EDIT: Yuri knocksdown Sands 14 seconds from the end bell in the 1st round.

2nd round TKO win for Yuri. 2 minutes from the end bell.

Sands looks like he just got out of bed and thought this was going to be easy. Now he's going back to Minnesota with a sore butt.

Team Watanabe walks to the ring, everyone with flag on hand. Watanabe has his rising sun bandana on.

Kurbanov has his own rapper walking him out. And matter of fact, sounds way better than those horrible performances I see from boxers bringing out rappers in the States who sound like they're struggling to breathe, walk and rap at the same time for some fucking reason.

Last edited:
Akinori Watanabe looked like he started off Rd 1 with a cartoonish exaggerated style. Also got a warning from the ref for refusing to stop after he yelled 'stop' several times and kept hitting.

Akinori def won the first round. Kurbanov edged out the second round imo.

Looks like Pov is going the distance.
Discuss.

Povetkin should have went more to the body.
Apparently winner of this might get chance to fight Joshua. Announcer just said.
Povetkin ud.

Kurbanov beats Watanabe by 8th round doctor stoppage. Akinori was very mad at the stoppage, wanted to go on forever but he was battered and his left eye practically shut.

There needs to be a Japan vs Russia type event sometime. Hold it in Japan with champs and prospects from each side participating.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back