Rumble Beating Gus is Such an Underrated Victory

Why rumble retired is beyond me. He beats everyone except cormier and maybe jones, definitely beats a clean jones though. He could've made so much more money by knocking people out.

Of course. But it just tells us how much mental strength you need to step inside that cage. He wasn't having it.

Gus: "I win over Anthony Johnson six out of seven days."

Rumble: "Like I said, I need only one to end your life and career."

Sonned twice; he didn't even have to get physical the second time<{anton}>

Hilarious. It seemed like most of the people here at the time (including a lot of Gus fans) agreed with Rumble's response.

It's funny how you completely ignore everything else that actually backs it up

tumblr_o16n2kBlpX1ta3qyvo1_1280.jpg

I'd like Gus in the rematch...not lying.

Rumble will never make lhw again. Plus he is on all steroids know to man right now just look at his pictures lately. And he probably was on steroids at the time of beating Gus. You don't get that kind of power from a natural diet.

Wasn't there controversy with an illegal headbutt or eye-poke or something? IDK. I'm sure sherbros are still salty over it.

It doesnt matter if Gus loses a 5 round decision (Jones and DC), gets brutally KO'ed in the 1st round (Rumble), or ragdolled and submitted (Phil Davis), his fans always claim he would win the rematch

It doesnt matter if Gus loses a 5 round decision (Jones and DC), gets brutally KO'ed in the 1st round (Rumble), or ragdolled and submitted (Phil Davis), his fans always claim he would win the rematch
Ragdolled against Davis? You didn't watch the fight... Hahaha

The Davis fight is the one clear rematch here he should win

Back