Rumble Beating Gus is Such an Underrated Victory

Your reading comprehension is poor. To make it easy for you, child;

*He uploaded a picture and said he "crushed his numbers from his previous camp"
*That "previous camp" being the fight against Lord Chael
*Where reports said that he was out partying during TUF instead of training for his fight or his fighters on the show
*Where Lord Chael first implied that Jones was doing coke

Is that easy enough for you or should I continue?

Holy shit, what a web of nonsense. And no, it's not easier, because it's still dependent on Jon Jones saying one thing, and you believing another. Who knows what to believe, or what he was "doing". You can theorize all you want about his behavior, but what we do now? Is what he posted, and what his physique looked like.

Jones was in incredible shape before he fought Gus, and even claimed he was doing amazing cardio.

If you want to believe him when he says he didn't take Gus seriously? Just makes you the fucking idiot. He only said that because he got his ass kicked.

Gustafsson gets so much praise around here for being the best fighter to never hold a title but Rumble took him out with ease. I know that styles make fights but Rumble just made it look so easy. Who could forget this:

giphy.gif

1E1A.gif

He just made it look so easy. Dude needs to come back. He would still be a force and could be champ with DC retiring soon.

Lot people on here down play Gus, because he had close fight with jones and dc lost to judges. What you think going happen to rumble? He going get down played. Him pretty much quitting to dc don’t help out his case.

Holy shit, what a web of nonsense. And no, it's not easier, because it's still dependent on Jon Jones saying one thing, and you believing another. Who knows what to believe, or what he was "doing". You can theorize all you want about his behavior, but what we do now? Is what he posted, and what his physique looked like.

Jones was in incredible shape before he fought Gus, and even claimed he was doing amazing cardio.

If you want to believe him when he says he didn't take Gus seriously? Just makes you the fucking idiot. He only said that because he got his ass kicked.

It's not nonsense.
Reports came out during TUF that Jones barely was there and trained with his fighters, that he was out partying in Vegas instead.
Lord Chael confirmed it. He later implied that Jones was doing coke.
People from Jones camp said he wasn't 100%. And then Jones confirmed it himself.

It's common knowledge that Jones was partying hard and was doing cocaine. A failed test for it, a DUI later on and multiple people in the industry saying the same thing confirms just that.

Don't go around calling other people for "fucking idiots" when you have nothing but a personal opinion to back up your statement. Fucking idiot.

<21>

It's not nonsense.

So in summary? Jon Jones lied, but said some stuff after about his lies, which slightly changes the story, and you prefer to believe this version.

It's not surprising, this "version" of reality exists because his ego was hurt, and he was throwing some red meat to his fans so they could get online and make excuses for him.

Well done Sherlock, really cracked the case here. I guess you found the real truth behind all the different things he said.

Don't go around calling other people for "fucking idiots" when you have nothing but a personal opinion to back up your statement. Fucking idiot.

It's so bizarre why you think lying works (again why I think you're a fan of Jones).

It's not my opinion you dip shit, it's a direct quote from Jon Jones.

Props for the W, no one can take it away from him.

The thing is I had a bigger proven sample size with Gus and I know he isn't a quitter, in fact I don't think he will lose again to Rumble, he won't lose to DC or Jones either in my opinion.

I don't get why it's either hate or love against these fighters.
They fought once - Rumble won.
Both are and were great fighters.

I'll never understand the Guss hype... He fights like once a year he's 5-3 in his last 8 and people here praise him like he's the GOAT...

Rumble actually has takedown defense, competent defense, and a complete standup including kicks lmao.

Stipe has overrated boxing.

Prepare to be amazed on how inefficient DC's wrestling will be vs the HW champ.

Prepare to see what good to great boxing skills will do to a shorter, fatter, older, less reach, clinch / dirty boxing wanting DC.

This isn't a super-fight not now maybe earlier but not today and the question is will DC survive or be put away.. that's it.

WoW to think he managed to do that to a 37 years young Glover... after poking his eye

He outclassed him completely never really had any issues, yea vs an older and diminished Glover but what can you do.. he looked great best LHW in the UFC right now hands down.

True but just take a look at this light heavyweight record. 6-2 with wins over Davis, Little Nog, Gus, Manuwa, Bader, and Glover and only losses coming to DC who is the worst stylistic matchup possible for him. Very good for a so-called one trick pony.

True dat.
And thou shall not forget that Cormier has only lost to Roid Jones.
So all in all, Rumble does have a good track record at LHW.

So in summary? Jon Jones lied, but said some stuff after about his lies, which slightly changes the story, and you prefer to believe this version.

It's not surprising, this "version" of reality exists because his ego was hurt, and he was throwing some red meat to his fans so they could get online and make excuses for him.

Well done Sherlock, really cracked the case here. I guess you found the real truth behind all the different things he said.

It's so bizarre why you think lying works (again why I think you're a fan of Jones).

It's not my opinion you dip shit, it's a direct quote from Jon Jones.

It's funny how you completely ignore everything else that actually backs it up (again; multiple sources, not only Jones himself) and just continue to scream "LIES!".
Your best (and only) argument is that Jones said he was in the best shape of his life before a fight (again not true, he said his "numbers" were better than his previous camp where he barely trained). It's something fighters say pre fight to A) sell the fight B) get inside the head of the opponent and C) hype themselves up. When have you ever heard a fighter say he's not in phenomenal shape before a big fight?

You may now continue to scream "LIES!!", friend. Have a good one.

Why rumble retired is beyond me. He beats everyone except cormier and maybe jones, definitely beats a clean jones though. He could've made so much more money by knocking people out.

I didnt like how this fight ended. Looks like a fluke.

WoW to think he managed to do that to a 37 years young Glover... after poking his eye

Saying that a fighter who's even ABLE do throw combos like that is sloppy just tells me you haven't laced up a pair of gloves ever in your life.

Back