Rumble Beating Gus is Such an Underrated Victory

No one has forgotten that fight around here, but instead of talking about it as a good win for Rumble, everyone wants to talk about it as Gus’s loss.

And no he does not need to come back. His mentality is not there.

AngelicRigidDiplodocus-max-1mb.gif

I loved when Rumble went full on Berzerker after the eye poke.

I miss Rumble so much, as much as Carwin, I think he is one of the greatest LHW fighters ever who didn't won a belt.

Mother fucker ran trough every single fucking top contender and make it look easy, it's such a shame he never won the belt and I think he kills Gus again

Gus is the most overrated fighter. He loses all his fights against top opponents when it matters. Granted, I do think he won the jones fight, but still lost.

He's either vastly overrated, or the biggest underachiever in the UFC

Watch it again. One Vitor flurry had AJ shooting for a takedown, and Vitor easily handled an already gassed Rumble on the ground from there.

People take the one gif that folks post from the fight and pretend it's the whole fight

It was a great win, elevated Rumble in my eyes, did not diminish Gustafsson though
That said Alexander needs to fight more frequently

Who is this rumble you speak of? Did he ever do anything great ? Or is he a chump who quit the sport because he couldn't beat DC ?

Gus and Jones depends of eye pokes to make their game work
Rumble quits when frustrated and his biggest win came of a headbutt
Cormier cheats to make weight and will be retired soon
Shogun tapped to Sonnen and his best days are past him

UFC's LHW division is a disgrace right now. Hopefully Volkan will improve and make that shit great again. I need someone to root for.

Gus is the best to never hold a title?

Lol...Gus' only top win is Glover

He has proven he can fight on prime Jon Jones level, and he still have not won the title. That pretty much makes him easily the best to never hold a title, unless you are retarted or think prime Jones is a can.

Accomplisments (wins on a record) is not the same as skill level.

Gustafsson gets so much praise around here for being the best fighter to never hold a title but Rumble took him out with ease. I know that styles make fights but Rumble just made it look so easy. Who could forget this:

giphy.gif

1E1A.gif

He just made it look so easy. Dude needs to come back. He would still be a force and could be champ with DC retiring soon.

You are 100% right even when all the people in this thread does not understand or want to admit it. That win is the most underrated win I can think of in modern UFC. It barely ever gets talk about unless its about Gus haters bashing Gus. Rumble finished a fighter who beat up both prime Jones and prime DC far worse than any other fighter ever. That is a huge victory for Rumble. Its a lot more impressive win than Jones' or DC's win over Gus, and for them Gus is their careers top1-2 win.

There was absolutely no one who gave Rumble ”no chance”. It was more of a 50-50 matchup. Too bad the headbutt happened, would have been interesting to see how the fight would have panned out without it.

Agree that he should come back, LHW feels thin at the moment.

I thought Gus was gonna choke him out tbh. I thought it was a pity, the Gus fanbase claimed the ko was controversial due to a headbutt or a back of head punch or something. Then the Gus haters mocked him for crying. We can never just sit back and enjoy a good ko between 2 top guys

I dunno. Look what happened when Gus poked Rumble in the eye. Jones might have suffered the same fate.

Yes, keyword "Might" murder Jones.

Jones ducked that Rumble fight IMO. At the time, he would rather hit and run a pregnant lady than fight him, and it worked.

That win was partly tainted by Gus' retarded corner screaming over and over for him to throw a straight kick (or whatever it was)

Rumble said he heard them yelling it and countered with a huge shot that led to the finish.

Still a very nice win for Rumble, but I'd like to see a rematch.

Would also like to see Gus leave that team for one that's a bit more.... professional.

Hows that? Corners screams instructions in every fight. And yes the risk is the opponent hears it.
In no way is that win "tainted"...

Back