Rumble at 285

No.

DC is even better at HW. He's nowhere near as depleted, and carries better power.

Would be exactly like the other 2 fights.

*PS - Is it just me, or is the top of Rumbles head getting pointier?
His head looks like a bullet.

No.

DC is even better at HW. He's nowhere near as depleted, and carries better power.

Would be exactly like the other 2 fights.

*PS - Is it just me, or is the top of Rumbles head getting pointier?

DC is just fighting a lower level of competition, considering the overall skill set and athleticism at heavyweight is atrocious.

He didn't lose to Jones and go to a gritty split decision with Gus because he was depleted, those guys are head-and-shoulders more skilled fighters than what you see at heavyweight.

The heavyweight division has the oldest average age of any division, we're shuffling around old farts. That isn't a good stat when it comes to athletics.

Either way, DC beats Rumble at 205/265 just the same, because he's a lot more skilled and flat out a better competitor.

Rumble would do well as a heavyweight just based on the volume of his output, his power, his plodding but precise demeanor. However those same deficiencies shown at his other weight competitions would also be the factors that come back to haunt him as well. At heavyweight versus Cormier, his punches would look like they were coming with a UFC Tonight script to read first.

And No, the Brock fight is not competitive at all as it is a Pay Day.

DC is just fighting a lower level of competition, considering the overall skill set and athleticism at heavyweight is atrocious.

He didn't lose to Jones and go to a gritty split decision with Gus because he was depleted, those guys are head-and-shoulders more skilled fighters than what you see at heavyweight.

The heavyweight division has the oldest average age of any division, we're shuffling around old farts. That isn't a good stat when it comes to athletics.

Either way, DC beats Rumble at 205/265 just the same, because he's a lot more skilled and flat out a better competitor.

You think Gus is head and shoulders better than Miocic? I agree in general about the overall skill level at HW currently but not in this case.

Miocic would have a really good chance of beating Gus, Rumble and Jones and would probably be favored over 2 of them.

You think Gus is head and shoulders better than Miocic? I agree in general about the overall skill level at HW currently but not in this case.

Miocic would have a really good chance of beating Gus, Rumble and Jones and would probably be favored over 2 of them.

Miocic is the lone heavyweight (prior to DC's return) who proved he was well rounded and skilled, but as we've seen repeatedly he was happy to eat big shots to land his own. That only works when you are fighting in a lower level talent pool.

Consider both Gus and Jones are 5 years younger than Stipe right now, and I would bet both of them lose a step by the time they are coasting in the second half of their 30's.

I think Jones and Gus would absolutely run roughshod over the heavyweight division, save for a handful of fights. I'd be willing to wager some of the better middleweights could embarrass a lot of the heavyweight top 10, thats how bad the division is in my opinion.

Miocic is the lone heavyweight (prior to DC's return) who proved he was well rounded and skilled, but as we've seen repeatedly he was happy to eat big shots to land his own. That only works when you are fighting in a lower level talent pool.

Consider both Gus and Jones are 5 years younger than Stipe right now, and I would bet both of them lose a step by the time they are coasting in the second half of their 30's.

I think Jones and Gus would absolutely run roughshod over the heavyweight division, save for a handful of fights. I'd be willing to wager some of the better middleweights could embarrass a lot of the heavyweight top 10, thats how bad the division is in my opinion.

That was something he specifically did for DC cause he didn't expect him to hit so hard. He didn't get hit that much vs Ngannou and JDS in the rematch. I just thought your post was odd cause you seem to be talking more about the current HW division as a whole yet DC has only fought one HW from the current HW division. Before he dropped to LHW the HW division was much better than it currently is.

nahh I see a lot of hw putting gus to sleep even big ticket harris

Muscles won't beat cell, I mean DC.
main-qimg-44f1b36c4278f02688cecdb05319a9b2-c

Rumble needs to beat USADA before he worries about DC. A former WW, now a 280lbs monster...hmm...

Now that rumble in final form has the size of galactus , Do you think he can beat DC?

"Can USSJ Rumble get the Jon Jones pass from USADA?" is as valid of a question.
Also, it could possibly play out like Trunks vs Perfect Cell.

No. Also, wasn't his issue that he gassed? If anything, it would be more prevalent now that he's put on more size and not as active on the mats like DC

He would be slower and gas even quicker lol I dont know why everyone is acting like its some 2nd coming of Rumble just because he got swole <45>

Anthony Johnson will never in his life beat Daniel Cormier or Jon Jones.

The problem isn't his skillset, it's his mindset. He went in to the second Cormier fight to lose. Don't ever let him near a title again. <DisgustingHHH>

LOL I tend to agree Rumble will be a lot less mobile at HW.

But wow imagine Cormier vs a 285 lb Rumble.

Back