Rules that should change

UpInThis

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Rules in UFC that should change.

1: I agree with stomps being banned, but to not be allowed to kick/knee a downed opponent is just to take a huge piece away from the striking game. Kicking a downed opponent's head is essential to fighting and banning it makes UFC too unrealistic and limits the striking. Keep stomps away, yes, but allow kicks/knees to the head of downed opponents.

2: The rule against 12-6 elbows is just stupid. It can deal big damage, yes, but so can all the other elbow strikes that are allowed, not to mention the different punches, kicks, knees, etc. It's horrible that Jon Jones actually has a loss because of 12-6 elbows, lol, what a stupid rule.

3: Yeah, attacking the spine should stay illegal, but they need to allow kicking to the kidney again. It was not even that dangerous and it seems like it just got banned for the sake of getting banned.

4: The number of judges should increase from 3 to 5. It wouldn't cost UFC much extra, considering how little the judges get paid, and it would make bad decisions less likely to happen.

You shouldn't get DQ'd for crapping your pants. Things happen sometimes. It should be treated like blood. Just clean them up (as much as possible) and send them back in.

Enforce the rules better. Calling fucking eye pokes would be a start.

I agree. Make no mistake, I'm not a Jon Jones fanboy, I just used him as an obvious example. His eye poking should be met with zero tolerance, as it's a habit of his and highly dangerous to his opponent's sight.

Soccer kicks, knees, and stomps to a downed opponent should be legal imo..

<{JustBleed}>

Allow headbutts. Way more realistic fight. Also no gloves

the only rule i'd change is the one about downed opponent, it should be BOTH knees, hands doesn't matter, if you have a knee up you should be able to receive knees in the clinch

They need to get a grip and do something more radical about what constitutes a 'grounded fighter'.

They've changed it slightly, and, surprise, it's still a clusterfuck, with ref having to watch whether finger or whatever are touching the ground... Instead for actually important shit.

But considering just how long it took those fuckers to change that and there still are commisions who 'haven't adopted new rules yet' (WTF), I'm pessimistic.

Any greater changes are not going to happen, lol.

You should only be allowed 1 take down attempt per round.

I'm curious where TS got his medical degree.

Rules I'd like to see changed: Ban all knees to the head. This strike is too dangerous and will kill someone one day.

You shouldn't get DQ'd for crapping your pants. Things happen sometimes. It should be treated like blood. Just clean them up (as much as possible) and send them back in.

Cover them up with Domestos as much as possible?

You should be allowed to throw three solid strikes to an unconscious opponents skull before the referee intervenes

Allow eyepokes, gay jokes, tear gas, drive-by and all these things that happen in real life.
And no judges.

I think they should set the "let 'em bang" rule.
whenever a fighter feel he is not done the fight should continue.
Let them bang rule should prevent such whatever " I wasn't out, just a little wobbly" accidents to happen.

Vote "Let them bang" bros

I think they should set the "let 'em bang" rule.
whenever a fighter feel he is not done the fight should continue.
Let them bang rule should prevent such whatever " I wasn't out, just a little wobbly" accidents to happen.

Vote "Let them bang" bros
That can be a problem. Look at Robbie Lawler vs Tiki Ghosn.

And strikes to the back of the head. They don't warm with cup shots but they'll do 20 warnings for eye pokes and back of the head strikes.

disagree with 1, 2 and 3. 4 seems reasonable
Casuals don't understand the damage associated with 1,2, and 3. Like they are just going out there to fight to the death. Most fighters want to have a life outside of fighting

Back