RRR's Kick Boxing Coach

she looks like she doesnt know how to take a punch. does she even spar? it was embarassing. if people saw this for the first time and heard she was GOAT, they'd think wmma is a joke.

hope she moves camps.

Wanna visit the heavies circa 2014?

I remember hearing about when Pat Barry was brought in as a sparring partner for Brock, and when he hit him, the coach told Barry no hitting. I guess he was brought in to keep his (Brock) confidence high and not worry about it while imposing his will. Under a tool like Edmund, its possible that could've happened during camp.

So one time, Brock brought in Pat Barry to his camp in preparation for one of his fights. When they finally sparred Pat hit Brock in the face and i guess Brock freaked the f--- out, because his trainers were upset and told Barry to never hit him in the face. Then Pat was like "what the f--- am i doing here then?" and the coaches replied "just paw man" and Pat was like "this is bullshit".

I agree, Ronda should move to Kings MMA or AKA, she would learn so much...

Im a fan of ATT or AMC Pankration, myself.

Yeah he's undeniably awful. But there's a reason he's ultimately the one training her and not any of the many other legit coaches. She has changed coaches several times and ended up at his "gym," refusing to go anywhere else...

He's the first and only one that's willing to blow smoke up her backside, unflinchingly incessantly, and in the massive industrial quantities she requires. He's the YES-MAN she ordered, refusing to tell her her faults and flaws-- just how she likes it. This is what she wants, needs, demands-- now that she's an adult. Adoration and affirmation, constantly. In pure, lethal doses.

---

Luckily for her, she was not given what she wanted as a child, and as so was forced to actually acknowledge her weaknesses and work on them. Her early coaches and her own mom did not let her do as she felt like, she was given an honest appraisal of her skills and not allowed to give less than the effort and ability she was capable of. This brought her to develop an actual area of skill, to an impressively high level. That's the reason she was able to get this far.

After she became a legal adult, that quickly all dissolved. Her greatest desire erupted back from the shadows of Jr. Highschool, left legally uncheck-able by other adults or any possible peers, and brought her to quickly adopt a posse of artificial fawners and unrelenting ki$$ups. With her new rights as a grown person, together with a new impressive financial independence, she was able to purchase these people- and there's no shortage of them in California, of all places.

You blame Edmond, and he certainly is to blame. But he has long shown what he is, and this is not an isolated occurrence. Ronda is the one who makes the decision of who gets to influence and advise her, she has an easy time firing coaches who were instrumental in helping her succeed (including her own world champion mother). She discarded the advice of actual experts who cared about her, and purchased an obvious phoney, a plastic cheering father-figure to take that place, and all it took was a relatively small cut of her massive bank account. Too easy.

What she ACTUALLY thirsts for is the one thing she could not have when she was young: popularity-- not growth, reality or truth, and for that, she pays the inevitable looming, exorbitant charges when you take out such an incredibly gargantuan loan against reality for so long.

Last edited:
I agree, Ronda should move to Kings MMA or AKA, she would learn so much...

Move to AKA? Let's not get crazy. She'd have less chance of injury if she juggled chainsaws blindfolded.

I'm sick of people saying she looks good on pads. She looks like shit on pads. She hits relatively hard and fast but the technical flaws are clear as day. Back foot in the bucket, stiff hips, arm punching, complete lack of footwork and effective head movement, too much compliance and posing going on.

It's like how you could start lifting with shitty form and still get stronger every week. With talent and consistency, I've seen guys pulling like 400-500 pound deadlifts despite awful technique. It would be easy to say they're strong because they are moving the weight, but anyone with an eye for it will see they could be lifting so much more so much easier with so much less chance of getting hurt by fixing their form. Rousey has the equivalent of a lifting coach just yelling at her to grind it out and push for one more rep, then congratulating her on how strong she is despite never making her better at actually lifting.

The fact that Rousey is such a bad boxer after this time can only come down to a lack of talent or a lack of coaching. She's made clear progress in some areas despite a lack of technical training, so clearly the talent is there. The coaching is very obviously lacking.
Yes, and one of those gifs/videos of her on the pads show just how shitty Edmund is: he throws a hook at Ronda, sees Ronda isn't dodging, he quickly pulls it and lets it sail over her head.... terrible, just terrible.

I think both are to blame. Ronda seems like someone who needs a yes-man around her to keep her fragile ego glued together, and Edmond is someone all too willing to be that guy, never doing anything to criticize her or make her look bad.

Why not put the blame on Ronda though?

I agree with everyone. It's a joke that she didn't show any improvements in her striking. And it is definitely her coaches fault. But the fault lies on her just as much.

It seems like people are giving her an excuse and blame it all on her coach. Naaa, after the Holm fight she should've known her striking needed some serious change. Strategy, technique, everything. How the fuck do you look worse when you had a year to improve??

She could hire Freddie roach
Roach has done pads with her on one occasion before. Before the Holly Holm fight, he mentioned it and said her boxing was decent and expected that she would be level with Holm on the feet. After the Holm fight, his opinion of her boxing drastically plummeted though as one might imagine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back