RR blames Meisha for fighter missing weight?

so, when frankie came to the conclusion that in a real camp scenario it is the coaches responsibility to make sure the fighter makes weight(again, it's not), but tuf is a not a normal scenario so it's not exactly the coaches responsibility to make sure the fighters make weight, why did you respond like this.

so what exactly in frankie's post did you have a problem with?

The part where he said its not a real camp. Its a real camp. That's it. That was the point of my response. You can keep trying to stretch it to make it look contradictory to what I said about Tate, but that's just you slobbing all over my nuts and being petty. You also can keep typing "its not" in regards to whether or not its a coach's responsibility to help a fighter make weight, but that' doesn't make your repeated decree correct. Miesha took responsibility so she obviously disagrees with you. So once again, my position is clear: a coach as responsibility to help their fighter make weight. Tate to the fullest extent she was capable fulfilled her duties as a coach. You should really let it go now. I know you won't, and will try to find some other convoluted way of over-analyzing what I posted, but that's just free advice.

The part where he said its not a real camp. Its a real camp. That's it. That was the point of my response. You can keep trying to stretch it to make it look contradictory to what I said about Tate, but that's just you slobbing all over my nuts and being petty. You also can keep typing "its not" in regards to whether or not its a coach's responsibility to help a fighter make weight, but that' doesn't make your repeated decree correct. Miesha took responsibility so she obviously disagrees with you. So once again, my position is clear: a coach as responsibility to help their fighter make weight. Tate to the fullest extent she was capable fulfilled her duties as a coach. You should really let it go now. I know you won't, and will try to find some other convoluted way of over-analyzing what I posted, but that's just free advice.

let me get this clear then. so, it's only the coaches responsibility to help the fighter make weight in the water cutting phase? like miesha did here? as you said "Tate to the fullest extent she was capable fulfilled her duties as a coach."

I'm not going to go back and watch the catty nonsense again, but didn't think she was blaming Tate so much as she was saying that Tate should have taken the blame from Dana. I.e., that Tate should have said it was her fault, not that it was actually Tate's fault.

Tate apologized to Dana right in front of Ronda.

let me get this clear then. so, it's only the coaches responsibility to help the fighter make weight in the water cutting phase? like miesha did here? as you said "Tate to the fullest extent she was capable fulfilled her duties as a coach."

WTF? You're trying too hard. Should have known.

No, what I'm saying is again, in the general sense, its a coach's responsibility to help their fighter make weight. That's it. There is nothing more nuanced in it than that. A coach is paid to monitor a fighter's preparation for a fight for the full camp. Again, they're not TOTALLY responsible, as they are grown adults and its on them not to quit and its on them to do what they're told. Cody quit. So what I mean in regards to Tate: she gave advice, she coached, she had a plan, she had a policy, she had a program, she had a structure as to how he was to go about cutting the weight, and she stood beside him to help him every step of the way. But he quit. The quitting is not on Tate. If he tried and tried and tried and couldn't make weight and received no support from his coach, than yes, I feel, as most with common sense would, that his coach failed him and her responsibility. That's not what happened.

so, when frankie came to the conclusion that in a real camp scenario it is the coaches responsibility to make sure the fighter makes weight(again, it's not), but tuf is a not a normal scenario so it's not exactly the coaches responsibility to make sure the fighters make weight, why did you respond like this.

so what exactly in frankie's post did you have a problem with?

I will attempt to clear this up...

Frankie's earlier post:

My point for the thread was
Is it a coaches responsibility or not?

& early on that was answered by a lot (before the WK's came in talking about Tate's hair lol)

Also Tate did take some responsibility in the meeting with Dana, first words were "I am sorry" & Dana then took the blame off her
She also never called Cody "pathetic", but said the situation was
I certainly can see some thinking she "threw him under the bus", but it was not the way RR described it, IMO

Edit: What I am taking away from this thread & the valued opinions of those without an agenda, is in a real camp it is part of the coaches responsibility. This is not a real camp though & as much as there are "teams" it is every fighter for himself.
A fighter asked to coach a 6 week camp on one day's notice should not be responsible as a babysitter too

apostle's initial post:

So in other words you agree with the "valued opinions" that conclude in a real camp its a part of the coaches responsibility, but decided for yourself its not a real camp because its TUF, even though it is a real camp because its TUF. Seems legit.

I think I see why he was so snarky in his initial post in this string. Beyond his little attitude problem, he just thought that Frankie was saying that people in the threat had reported their valued opinions that in a real camp there is responsibility for the coach to ensure that a fighter makes weight. Fine so far. However, our intrepid apostle apparently thought that the next sentence had nothing to do with said valued opinions and was instead just Frankie reporting his own ("unvalued) opinion in addition to the majority opinion and tacking it on as if that also made his conclusion the majority one.

In apostle's mind:
1 - People say in a normal camp there is a responsibility for a coach to ensure a fighter makes weight.
2 - I (Frankie) think this is not a normal camp (or not a "real camp").

Sure Meisha may have needed to monitor her fighters weigh closer to make sure the weight was being cut earlier if he was that high, but in the end she can't make him cut it early or later. Honestly, my biggest issue with it isn't that Ronda blamed Meisha for the weight issue, as much as, it is she made it a point to make sure she told her team "Meisha threw Cody under the bus." No she didn't she said she tried to get him to make the cut and was disappointed he didn't try. Cody said he mental broke, and Dana said it was Cody fault. Only Ronda felt the need to make it seem like Meisha is selling her own fighters out and talking bad about them. I don't see any reason she needs to go out of her way to try and get her team to have a bad image of how Meisha treats her team or any fighters. Let them experience things and come up with their own decision about Meisha rather than implanting that type of skewed information into their minds. If Ronda wants to talk random crap about her and Meisha's relationship that's fine, but don't try to make others think Meisha is some type of evil two faced person towards the fighters she's trains or other fighter in general.

Yes, similar issue of Ronda making a bigger issue out of things in order to make Meisha into something more than what the matter should have been about. I think that Ronda's way of trying to get her team fired up and mad hoping they take that into the cage with them in the fight. In my view its a weak way of creating that energy and in most cases its not working for the team. Her fighters are worried about winning their fights not worried about the feud. But in terms or creating an skewed image of Meisha this may be worse in terms a person who doesn't know much about Meisha in the fact that Ronda was trying to say Meisha isn't even respecting even her own team members. Which adds some trust issue into the equation. I go no problem with her throwing a "I hate Meisha fit" about random things, but don't make something more out of things to make others think she not even loyal or even respectful to those on her team or even the other contestants on the show. I hope some of the fighters on Ronda's team are a little more open minded than that.

Paragraphs, learn to use them.

Someone in TUF editing really has it in for RR. I mean they have enough footage I'm sure to make her come off looking good, bad, or regular. Well maybe not looking good, but at least not coming off like such a **tch.

I know, I know; if you never say anything stupid they can't really make you out to look bad. But I wonder how many fans Rhonda has lost since this season started.

I could never stand her, and her terrible attitude so far doesn't surprise me at all.

But I'm sure the UFC could have made her come off better if they chose to. I imagine this goes back to the whole Dana/RR's manager debacle. Dana is getting his payback it seems to me.

Do you agree or not?

I don't think Miesha can be blamed for that. She was obviously with him & trying & giving him support.
When it was obvious to her that he gave up, she was rightfully pissed off.

But I am not a MMA fighter like some are on here, so I am curious if they agree with RR or not.

Try & leave the RR or Tate hate out of this (if possible) - :)

I don't get it.It's like you have to write a book in let's say 6 months and you begin writing it 1 day before and then cry about it because you didn't finish it in time lol

I'd say Miesha AND his teammates could've prevented it,but it's not their fault.When you tell someone you should not eat this and the guy still does it,well,it's on him.But they all knew(him included) that the cut would be hard and should've prepared for it way earlier and not start to care 1 dy before the fight.The thing is,he knows his body the best and said it'd be alright.

it's not a real camp imo, so different from what a real camp would be like.

it's not a real camp imo, so different from what a real camp would be like.

Okay its cool if you disagree in regards to whether or not you think its a real camp, but my position isn't this convoluted contradiction voxum is trying to make it out to be. I believe, (though you may disagree) that a coach has responsibility, (not total) to see that their fighter makes weight. I also believe Tate fulfilled her responsibility as much as she was physically able. A coach can't make a fighter want to lose the weight, a coach can't make a fighter not quit. Cody quit. Though you and others may disagree about my thoughts on what a coach's responsibility is in regards to a fighter making weight, I fail to see how this position is in any way contradictory.

I will attempt to clear this up...

Frankie's earlier post:

apostle's initial post:

I think I see why he was so snarky in his initial post in this string. Beyond his little attitude problem, he just thought that Frankie was saying that people in the threat had reported their valued opinions that in a real camp there is responsibility for the coach to ensure that a fighter makes weight. Fine so far. However, our intrepid apostle apparently thought that the next sentence had nothing to do with said valued opinions and was instead just Frankie reporting his own ("unvalued) opinion in addition to the majority opinion and tacking it on as if that also made his conclusion the majority one.

In apostle's mind:
1 - People say in a normal camp there is a responsibility for a coach to ensure a fighter makes weight.
2 - I (Frankie) think this is not a normal camp (or not a "real camp").

this is what happens when you try to give apostle the benefit ofthe doubt wayweary. more BS

he's completely back pedalling from his original passive aggressive dig at miesha.

So in other words you agree with the "valued opinions" that conclude in a real camp its a part of the coaches responsibility, but decided for yourself its not a real camp because its TUF, even though it is a real camp because its TUF. Seems legit.
if he only disagreed with frankies conclusion that TUF isn't a regular camp why would he phrase his response like this?

in other words "yeah, miesha is not at fault here...but, it is technically one of the coaches responsibility to make sure the fighters makes weight. and miesha is the head coach...just saying"

I don't know if this has been mentioned, but I thought it was funny that (as edited) Tate and Carraway begged Cody to try and he said no, then Raquel sat down for two seconds and he was immediately back in the tub.

That was because he drank whatever he drank before Raquel told him not to give up.

To me after he drank whatever he drank he felt the relief he needed and decided to save some face by "trying again" even though he knew it was over once he drank whatever he drank.

RR is batshit crazy with a plethora of mental problems and will use any excuse to badmouth Miesha.

That was because he drank whatever he drank before Raquel told him not to give up.

To me after he drank whatever he drank he felt the relief he needed and decided to save some face by "trying again" even though he knew it was over once he drank whatever he drank.

Good point.

this is what happens when you try to give apostle the benefit ofthe doubt wayweary. more BS

he's completely back pedalling from his original passive aggressive dig at miesha.

if he only disagreed with frankies conclusion that TUF isn't a regular camp why would he phrase his response like this?

in other words "yeah, miesha is not at fault here...but, it is technically one of the coaches responsibility to make sure the fighters makes weight. and miesha is the head coach...just saying"

LOL, yeah I am giving up on trying to understand why he does the things he does. Ego, I guess but maybe it is some combination of mental lapses. Whatevs.

LOL, yeah I am giving up on trying to understand why he does the things he does. Ego, I guess but maybe it is some combination of mental lapses. Whatevs.

Apsotle is so desperate to defend Rousey and attack Tate he has to have some affiliation with Rousey. Even when Rousey acts like an idiot he comes on and defends her and turns it into a Tate vs Rousey argument. I mean I know some people like to White Knight but he takes it to another level.

WTF? You're trying too hard. Should have known.

No, what I'm saying is again, in the general sense, its a coach's responsibility to help their fighter make weight. That's it. There is nothing more nuanced in it than that. A coach is paid to monitor a fighter's preparation for a fight for the full camp. Again, they're not TOTALLY responsible, as they are grown adults and its on them not to quit and its on them to do what they're told. Cody quit. So what I mean in regards to Tate: she gave advice, she coached, she had a plan, she had a policy, she had a program, she had a structure as to how he was to go about cutting the weight, and she stood beside him to help him every step of the way. But he quit. The quitting is not on Tate. If he tried and tried and tried and couldn't make weight and received no support from his coach, than yes, I feel, as most with common sense would, that his coach failed him and her responsibility. That's not what happened.

yeah if she bailed on him and he was trying and didn't make it, i'd say she failed him, but as you said, she was there and willing to do anything he needed, but he quit.

Back