Roy Nelson vs. Sergei Kharitonov set for Bellator 207 co-main event

AGEZ909

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Bellator’s return to Connecticut in October has some more heavyweight firepower headed to the top of the lineup.

A heavyweight bout between Sergei Kharitonov (27-6 MMA, 1-1 BMMA) and Roy Nelson (23-15 MMA, 1-1 BMMA) has been finalized for the Bellator 207 co-main event, a promotion official told MMAjunkie. The booking has not yet been formally announced by the promotion.

Bellator 207 takes place Oct. 12 at Mohegan Sun Arena in Uncasville, Conn. The main card will air and stream live on Paramount and DAZN, respectively, with prelims on MMAjunkie. The card is headlined by a heavyweight grand prix semifinal bout between Matt Mitrione and light heavyweight champion Ryan Bader.

Nelson will fight for Bellator for the third time. He made his promotional debut at Bellator 183 after a lengthy run in the UFC and took a decision from Ayala. But in February at Bellator 194, he dropped a majority decision to Mitrione in the opening round of the heavyweight tournament. He has alternated wins and losses his past six fights.

Kharitonov will be back in Bellator after four fights outside the promotion, where he went 3-0 in China and Russia. The former PRIDE standout made his promotional debut at Bellator 163 in November 2016, but suffered a massive upset loss to Javy Ayala, who delivered a stunning 16-second knockout.

Kharitonov rebounded in March 2017 with a first-round knockout of Chase Gormley at Bellator 175, then won fights under the M-1 Challenge banner against Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou and Geronimo dos Santos. In February, he took a decision from Joey Beltran at a Russian Cagefighting Championship event.

The latest Bellator 207 lineup includes:

• Matt Mitrione vs. Ryan Bader – heavyweight grand prix semifinal
  • Sergei Kharitonov vs. Roy Nelson
  • Mike Kimbel vs. Alex Potts

https://mmajunkie.com/2018/08/roy-n...207-co-main-event-connecticut-mma-heavyweight

Solid Co-main, i really think Kharitonov has dat huge pop in his hands to stop Roy. Who knows how this fight will go same we can say about Roy if he lands his own bomb correct it`s a night night.

Roy has looked awful his last several fights.

Nice fight...bellator’s roster is realy coming together

biggest fight Bellator can make right now. literally.

I think Big Contry gets stopped in this one. Battle of two big guys right here!

It used to be fun watching Big Country but now that he’s older and has no speed in his hands he just tries to hump everyone. Everybody knows Sergei couldn’t outwrestle a newborn. Should be a boring one.

Roy will get his first submission win in like a decade.

If Roy stands he gets KO'd.

But I see him trying to lay and pray like he did vs Mitrione.

Sadly, Roy via boring UD.

Two fighters that are more or less shot at this point. I don't think it will come off very good.

Roy isn't going to stand with Sergei he's double legging him to a dry hump boring fight guaranteed.

If it turns into a grappling affair, Kharitonov is done for.

Finally they announce another fight for the card. Not disappointing at all

Nelson gonna try to lay on Sergei

Sergei is no slouch on the ground. He has twice as many submissions as Roy and more KO's

Hopefully its a quick fight but this one could get ugly.

Matchup makes sense.

Picking Nelson here! I’m a Sergei fan but in his last few fights he looks horribly out of shape. Should be a fun one

Back