Roy Nelson signs with Bellator

shonuf

Titanium Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
http://www.mmafighting.com/2017/5/26/15701190/roy-nelson-signs-with-bellator

“Big Country” is off to Bellator.

Roy Nelson (22-14) has signed an exclusive, multi-fight contract with Bellator MMA, MMA Fighting has confirmed with multiple sources. The promotion is expected to officially announce the signing in the coming days.

Nelson’s UFC contract expired following his unanimous decision loss to Alexander Volkov in April. While his Bellator debut has yet to be finalized, the early plan is for him to fight in the fall.

Wow, holy shit. I thought this might've been coming following that Volkov loss. Nice pick up from Bellator

Not a huge loss to UFC, he's lost 7 of his past 10 fights Good move all round..... I bet money they make Nelson - Kongo II

Didn't even realize he was a free agent.

When will they be creating a belt?

Perfect. I had no need of seeing him in the UFC anymore. He's past his best but he's still dangerous and fits in in Bellator much better. Hope for the best for him as I've always liked him. I'd rather see him vs. Kharitonov than Kongo. I'd like to see him face new dudes.

Not a huge loss to UFC, he's lost 7 of his past 10 fights Good move all round..... I bet money they make Nelson - Kongo II

I never thought UFC would let him go, he's a fan favorite

Glad to never have to see his fights again in UFC.

This would have been a big signing 4 years ago when he was knocking fools out. Today he's not a good fighter and his fights are hard to watch.

But for Bellator it works, he's still somewhat of a name though his popularity has certainly gone down alot with his boring fights and losing.

Makes sense. For UFC he had fallen to barely even being a gate keeper. Still Heavyweight is thin so you would think they would want to keep him. But he really isn't some huge draw to pay him a ton.

Bellator is starting to get a decent Heavyweight roster now. Time to put a belt on the line.

giphy.gif

Maybe their strategy was to release their former champ, have him use Roy as a punching bag and sending him packing from the UFC so they can snatch him up for their "big" arena cards.

i didnt even know he was a free agent, bellator needs all the HWs they can get, plus finally a guy that can beat Kongo

Congrats Roy you are probably gonna be the Bellator HW champ, Maybe you can fight Fedor too?

Roy Nelson vs Oli Thompson

For some reason I want to see him fight Bobby Brents

Tbh this was a surprise to me. Really good pick up for Bellator. Their HW division needs more KO artists.

I hope Nelson KOs Kongo.

Not surprised at all, seemed like that was a long time coming.

To bad Nelson is basically shot and all he does is throw a hay maker.

Another salary anchor gift wrapped by the UFC for Bellator.

thats a *BIG* signing for Bellators HW division.

Back