ROY NELSON: BELLATOR ‘ACTUALLY LOVES MMA…REMINDS ME OF THE UFC 10 YEARS AGO’

Pride was all about freak shows and people class that as MMA's pinnacle.
They had a few freak show fights to entertain people but PRIDE also had all the best fighters in the world and put on some amazing competitive fights every single event.

He is right.

Around 2010 Zuffa stopped caring about the actual sport
2012 is when it came obvious
Yet I still had retards arguing with me that zuffa wouldn't have been sold by 2017

WME are clueless
And will damage the ufc even more if they start adding more divisions in
And spam more cards

Still

Bellator wont ever get close to the ufc unless some big names went across

They had a few freak show fights to entertain people but PRIDE also had all the best fighters in the world and put on some amazing competitive fights every single event.
I know and Bellator aren't the premier organisation so can't have that, so because they don't have all the best fighters they have to have good competitive fights and sometimes put on the freak shows to bring attention.

"Old matches"....i wonder if he's hinting at a Kongo rematch

Lol of course the fighters like Coker. He signs mediocre gatekeeper level fighters and pays them high end money.

I'd love my boss if he did that for me to

Nelson is probably right, maybe the UFC might have signed a fat 41 year old who's 3-7 in his last 10 fights 10 years ago but they'd cut someone like that now and send them to Bellytor.
'06 OG and still shooting the messenger like an UFC fanboy.

"Now it’s just about the headliner and if one guy falls out, the whole card’s screwed"

UFC's matchmaking post Joe Silva has definitely been underwhelming. Now that USADA is wrecking the field left and right, you just have to take pull outs into account when you make cards. Overral level of MMA in UFC is still top notch, but how would the mainstream audience know that, when they hardly recognize some of the current fighters.

This is the promotion that put on Kimbo vs. Dada 5000. They're the exact same as UFC and any other promotion out there when it comes to a money grab. The issue with Bellator is that it seems to just be the same fights over and over all the time. There's always a rematch or rubber match for a belt in Bellator and they have some of the most ridiculous mismatches ever because it'll be a guaranteed finish, and the crowd loves finishes.

Bellator is far worse than the UFC is and probably ever will be and LOL at Roy saying Bellator has a more stacked HW division. One of their top guys is Cheick Kongo for fuck's sake. Bellator's HW division is a goddamn joke compared to the UFC's right now. Almost every division in Bellator is a joke compared to the UFC's. They have some great fighters that are legit top guys, but the rest are basically fillers. Most of their best fighters these days are formerly UFC fighters and that's saying something.

Bellator is hilariously bad compared to the UFC in every way. The one thing I really like about Bellator is how they have MMA and kickboxing on the same event, but in terms of top level competition and having great fights, the UFC is the best of the best.

the stars just haven't aligned for Bellator yet. every time you think they've put together a great card.. it just doesn't wins up delivering

Bellator is stacking up a decent roster. Glad that guys like Roy are happy there.

Back