ROY NELSON: BELLATOR ‘ACTUALLY LOVES MMA…REMINDS ME OF THE UFC 10 YEARS AGO’

TheHNICuLuv2Hate

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
“It’s definitely exciting. It’s really refreshing. It’s like when you’re at a job and you’ve worked your ass off to get right here, this is the job I want to be and you’re excited to work for the boss,” Nelson told MMAWeekly.com.

“I think the difference is when you work for a boss [like that at the UFC], you just don’t give 100-percent. You’re just like I’m working, I’m doing my job but could I have done it a little bit faster, could I have done it better? Sure, but I still got the job done. I entertained the fans, I put the butts in the seat or whatever, but it’s just like any other job.”

“You know what it is, it’s the fighter’s organization and they actually love MMA,” Nelson said about Bellator. “That’s why I think they’re the ones who are actually going to make the growth in our sport better for MMA. The best example would be the excitement and dedication that the Fertitta’s had and Dana [White] had when they first got into the MMA business, where they were just excited. Now it’s just the routine and Lorenzo Fertitta was like I’m burned out, I’m done with this.

“Bellator reminds me of the UFC 10 years ago. They just want to put on great, great fights. I remember when the UFC used to have a stacked card, the whole card. This is why we’re better than boxing because you want to watch from the prelims all the way to the end. Now it’s just like who’s on the card? Now it’s just about the headliner and if one guy falls out, the whole card’s screwed.”

“The heavyweight division is pretty stacked compared to the UFC. The one thing about me it doesn’t matter who you match me up with, it’s always going to be an exciting fight as long as the other guy comes to fight,” Nelson said.

“I’m all about fighting anybody. So from old matches, new matches, Fedor [Emelianenko], I would love to fight because then I’d be the guy who beat two legends in [Antonio Rodrigo] Nogueira and Fedor. So I’m all about fighting the best of the best.”

http://www.mmaweekly.com/roy-nelson-bellator-actually-loves-mmareminds-me-of-the-ufc-10-years-ago

I really hope Bellator gets big. Then I hope they change their stupid name.

Nelson is probably right, maybe the UFC might have signed a fat 41 year old who's 3-7 in his last 10 fights 10 years ago but they'd cut someone like that now and send them to Bellytor.

It does seem that most fighters like working for Coker. I remember he was very well liked in the SF days.

its needs a rebrand

can we rename it so i can be a fan

lol is not like Bellator are full MMA purist considering they love freak shows probably more than the UFC, something I also don't like from Bellator is most of their champs are inactive as fuck and when they fight there is almost no hype behind it

also LMAO at “The heavyweight division is pretty stacked compared to the UFC" when they haven't had a proper HW champ since 3 1/2 year

Roy loves cholesterol and avoiding the god damn barber. Cmon..

I'd love Bellator to get big, as long as it's a smooth transition of power and the UFC falling from grace isn't looked upon as the death of the sport lol, but I feel we need a new number 1.

lol is not like Bellator are full MMA purist considering they love freak shows probably more than the UFC, something I also don't like from Bellator is most of their champs are inactive as fuck and when they fight there is almost no hype behind it

also LMAO at “The heavyweight division is pretty stacked compared to the UFC" when they haven't had a proper HW champ since 3 1/2 year
Pride was all about freak shows and people class that as MMA's pinnacle.

Last edited:
It does seem that most fighters like working for Coker. I remember he was very well liked in the SF days.
He was a kickboxer back in the day wasn't he? Probably gives them a bit more respect, regardless of style.

Previously, some peoples suggested SpikeForce, Viator, CokeForce, CokerTor

right now it just sounds like some random dudes last name rather than a premiere promotioni know its latin for warrior or something but thats not good enough

A good boss makes for better employees.

Back